Twitter: Jason Garrett named Giants OC

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It’s kinda gonna be difficult not for him to look good or have a top 5 offense. If the giants can fix the online they have pieces on offense to do damage.

Imagine Garret wins anything in NY... it would make Jerry look like an even bigger idiot than he does now. Not for letting him go.... but for being the reason Garret failed for a lot of years

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop it. Just stop already dude. You’re fandom over Jason Garrett is too much to bare. It’s downright right creepy at this point.

Payton & Parcells had the biggest impact on Romo’s career as an NFL player, from a coaching perspective. He still talks to them to this day. Jason was NEVER that type of coach to anyone in the past 10 years.
How do you have the biggest impact in his development in a half of season he started?

The slant towards Garrett has reached epic proportions.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Top 10 offense twice as a playcaller. Highest ranking was his first year when nobody knew him. STOP IT lol such low expectations man. Sad

What's so sad? He's going to open up that offense this year before he starts to fail, lol. Giants may go 8-8!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys graveyard is a piss poor excuse. If parcells wanted another job he would've had it that same week if he were fired and still wanted to coach. Garrett is TRASH.
That’s a speculation . All I can base my opinions on is facts and results .And the numbers say Garrett was the best HC in puppet era.

Graveyard is an excellent depiction .

Rayman70

Reaction score
he will be decent that 1st year or so. Good hire...but cant count on the guy to adapt.

smitty313

Reaction score
Stop it. Just stop already dude. You’re fandom over Jason Garrett is too much to bare. It’s downright right creepy at this point.

Payton & Parcells had the biggest impact on Romo’s career as an NFL player, from a coaching perspective. He still talks to them to this day. Jason was NEVER that type of coach to anyone in the past 10 years.
"Jason isn't an x's and o's guy" - Tony Romo

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Garrett as an oc is good imo.

The biggest cons (basing from his playcalling from 07-11) are that he wont run the ball often and most routes arent short (could be a pro if qb is given time)

However, the positive is that it is a good system if the qb can make the throws and wont overwork the rb unless he is in the passing game (which might happen since we saw this with Felix Jones).

DMX690

Reaction score
How do you have the biggest impact in his development in a half of season he started?

The slant towards Garrett has reached epic proportions.

Maybe because they oversaw his first 4 years in the league. Changing his throwing motion, building his foundation to become ready to take over the starting position. That's why before 2006 season they extended his contract, because they saw something in him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe because they oversaw his first 4 years in the league. Changing his throwing motion, building his foundation to become ready to take over the starting position. That's why before 2006 season they extended his contract, because they saw something in him.
If you didn’t notice his development after 2007 that’s on you. And they didn’t extend his contract until the 2007 season. Wrong again!!! Bye

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What McCarthy or any coach did prior to joining their new team means nothing. History says McCarthy won’t have the same success here as he did in GB since no coach has ever won two rings with two different teams. Do I believe that? No. But I do believe what happened in GB has nothing to do with what he does here.
No it does not mean “nothing”. You don’t hire someone who doesn’t have credentials. The bigger and more selective the job, the greater the competition and the greater the requirements. That’s why Garrett was such a failure. His credentials were based on family connections, not a meritocracy. It’s just silly to compare McCarthy and Garrett as far as coaching work, experience, and success is concerned. History doesn’t say anything one way or another as far as the future is concerned. But it is a predictor for success because that’s the only way you know someone has been good at their job and can continue to be so.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I guess Jerry was right. 3 days after his contract expired in Dallas, Garrett was signed to coach another team in the NFL. Now we get to see up close and personal whether Garrett was really the problem, or if the real problem in Dallas is Jerry. Or, third option, it could be both.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s probably frothing at the bit to call plays since Jerry stripped him of play calling duties. Jerry was tired of mismanagement of the clock, false starts, and illegals formations. Oh, and I forgot getting the play in late to get the offense down to one second before the snap when the defense could just tee off not even needing to watch the ball. Did I forget pass happy? Danny should be stoked!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He’s probably frothing at the bit to call plays since Jerry stripped him of play calling duties. Jerry was tired of mismanagement of the clock, false starts, and illegals formations. Oh, and I forgot getting the play in late to get the offense down to one second before the snap when the defense could just tee off not even needing to watch the ball. Did I forget pass happy? Danny should be stoked!
Garrett is the modern day Mike Martz but not as unique since everyone runs forms of that system

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I guess Jerry was right. 3 days after his contract expired in Dallas, Garrett was signed to coach another team in the NFL. Now we get to see up close and personal whether Garrett was really the problem, or if the real problem in Dallas is Jerry. Or, third option, it could be both.

Right off hand I'd vote for "both". But aside from that, we've seen Garrett make plenty of in-game stupid mistakes that had nothing to do with Jerry.