Twitter: Jason Garrett on 105.3 The Fan - 11/25/19

cern

Reaction score
we SHOULD learn from past mistakes, especially given the overwhelming number we make. but the truth is we don't LEARN from our mistakes. we keep making them over and over. garrett is an apologist for himself. buffoonish clown as a head coach. fire him now. make this thanksgiving a happy one.

aikemirv

Reaction score
At this point, I don't think anybody has any qualms about getting rid of Garrett.

Would love to have Urban Meyer - immediate upgrade of an actual football coach. I would have pulled the trigger at the bye and kept the current staff in place for the year.

I think Jerry just does not sign Garrett.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
could be but I guess it really doesn't matter.
I think it matters. You should practice in conditions that are expected at the game as best you can. If they were playing in NO, then indoors with loud speakers is fine. The forecast most of the week was calling for rain and cold. Wet footballs, outside, with the irrigation on.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point, I don't think anybody has any qualms about getting rid of Garrett.

Would love to have Urban Meyer - immediate upgrade of an actual football coach. I would have pulled the trigger at the bye and kept the current staff in place for the year.

I think Jerry just does not sign Garrett.
I can think of one person. He knows who he is.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the weather question was silly

It's not like it was wintery conditions in DFW.

Frisco last week:
MON 68F
TUES 78F
WED 77F
THUR 75F
FRI 50F

How would that prepare them for 35F, windy, rainy?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This team is always unprepared for the weather. A little bit of rain and this team melts
Did you not hear what the Hall of Famer Troy Aikman said while calling the game? "In weather like this, I wouldn't have a chance." Did Jimmy Johnson not prepare him either?

catiii

Reaction score
the weather question was silly

It's not like it was wintery conditions in DFW.

Frisco last week:
MON 68F
TUES 78F
WED 77F
THUR 75F
FRI 50F

How would that prepare them for 35F, windy, rainy?
Sprinklers/water buckets/hoses whatever- force everyone to get wet then spray the team as they are practicing + Large fans for wind chill+practice early when it
s colder (40s in the AM) = a heckuvalot worse conditions even though they won't exactly mimmick NE,
it is still WET and uncomfortable and that's the aim. Richest sports team they can afford these things for a week. Just
depends on how much the staff wants to win I suppose and how creative they are in thinking of these things like I just did and I don't get paid -
instead of trying to stay comfy :eek: -- it's not rocket science!!

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
We're beating a dead horse now, IMO. I think Jerry just announced he is not re-signing Jason Garrett. But Jerry is not going to make a change right now and I agree with him. Making a change in the middle of the season is basically giving up on the season. The Cowboys are still in first place over the Eagles with some tough games coming up. They can win all of them but not with a disruption like a coaching change. Besides, changing the head coach is not going to make a difference in the way the team plays the rest of the season. Get the team focused on winning each and every game they have left. Don't give them a reason to quit. Let the season play out, then fire the coaching staff.

Hopefully, Jerry is sitting down with his football people and they are evaluating the coaching talent around the league so they can make a decision as soon as the season ends.

Do you really think it is advisable to be drinking so heavily this early in the day? :laugh:

If this staff cannot get a team ready to play when they have an entire week...I think they stand absolutely no chance getting them ready in three days.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Having Mickey Spag follow up Jason Garrett is a terrible way to start a monday morning. Thank goodness I had my coffee already

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
On the Fan, Spags actually just said the team practiced indoors (even though it was raining, and they knew the game would be played in the rain) because there is so much construction going on at the practice facility and they couldn't control who would be watching.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
Did you not hear what the Hall of Famer Troy Aikman said while calling the game? "In weather like this, I wouldn't have a chance." Did Jimmy Johnson not prepare him either?

But Troy is what...52?

Look at the players that put on gloves for wet conditions AFTER the game started. Did it suddenly start raining at kickoff? Was the wind blowing during the pre-game warmups? For every player that had to put on gloves during the game...I would fine them $5,000 for not being prepared, fine the coordinator for that side $10k and the head coach $25k for not being aware enough to insist the players take the necessary steps to be successful in those conditions. Isn't putting their players in position to be successful the primary job of a coach?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
On the Fan, Spags actually just said the team practiced indoors (even though it was raining, and they knew the game would be played in the rain) because there is so much construction going on at the practice facility and they couldn't control who would be watching.
Lol like the cowboys are actually putting together a different gameplan this week. LOL joke of the week.