Twitter: Jason Garrett on 105.3 The Fan - 11/25/19

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Read every one of those quotes and it screams of a man who is trying to defend his ineptitude and incompetence. People can blame the Special Teams coach but the HC is supposed to oversee the entire team and has to have a pulse on all facets of the game. The Special Teams side has languished under Garrett for years and nothing has been done. In fact can anyone tell me the last time we had a punt or a kickoff run back for a TD by our Special Teams? The HC cannot be someone who says, well I'm an offensive guy so I'll just let the defensive co-ordinator and the special teams coach handle that side of things and won't even verify if things are good or not. I equate it to like those episodes of Kitchen Nightmares or Bar Rescue where the owner is shown proof of how filthy things are in their bar or restaurant and their defense is that they were expecting the bartenders and chef to keep things clean. Yea, you hire people to do these things but the onus is on you to verify that your people are doing what they need to be doing. That isn't happening today in the Cowboys and you can tell because of the way that the team is never prepared to handle situations. It's just, well go out there and do what you do, which is a philosophy that is rooted in Garrett's lack of understand of what a HC does.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
On the Fan, Spags actually just said the team practiced indoors (even though it was raining, and they knew the game would be played in the rain) because there is so much construction going on at the practice facility and they couldn't control who would be watching.
:facepalm:

Reaction score
We're beating a dead horse now, IMO. I think Jerry just announced he is not re-signing Jason Garrett. But Jerry is not going to make a change right now and I agree with him. Making a change in the middle of the season is basically giving up on the season. The Cowboys are still in first place over the Eagles with some tough games coming up. They can win all of them but not with a disruption like a coaching change. Besides, changing the head coach is not going to make a difference in the way the team plays the rest of the season. Get the team focused on winning each and every game they have left. Don't give them a reason to quit. Let the season play out, then fire the coaching staff.

Hopefully, Jerry is sitting down with his football people and they are evaluating the coaching talent around the league so they can make a decision as soon as the season ends.
A committee should be up and running today looking for coaching prospects.

TODAY!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But Troy is what...52?

Look at the players that put on gloves for wet conditions AFTER the game started. Did it suddenly start raining at kickoff? Was the wind blowing during the pre-game warmups? For every player that had to put on gloves during the game...I would fine them $5,000 for not being prepared, fine the coordinator for that side $10k and the head coach $25k for not being aware enough to insist the players take the necessary steps to be successful in those conditions. Isn't putting their players in position to be successful the primary job of a coach?
Then fine Belichick. He started off in his cut up hoodie and later in the game was wearing a warmer coat. Why wasn't he prepared?! He must suck as a coach by your logic. lol Sit down, I was at the damn game and sat through the wet and cold conditions. It got worse as the game progressed so don't try to tell me about the weather at the game.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
Then fine Belichick. He started off in his cut up hoodie and later in the game was wearing a warmer coat. Why wasn't he prepared?! He must suck as a coach by your logic. lol Sit down, I was at the damn game and sat through the wet and cold conditions. It got worse as the game progressed so don't try to tell me about the weather at the game.

First...how many snaps was Belichick on the field for during the game.

Second...who gives a rats rear about how he prepares the Patriots. Cowboy fans care about how this staff prepares this team. When The Clapper has won six Super Bowls, he can dress however he likes.

Third...Good for you being at the game. That changes/excuses the ****** coaching how?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Anyone else tired of hearing "we'll learn and get better?"

I'm so sick of Garrett speak it's not even funny.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You soft like doughboy fam. So is the cowboys coaching staff.

No idea what that means. I grew up in a colder place than NJ and played sports all my life. Played baseball in the snow and basketball outside in sleet and rain. Not to mention all the great football games and practices in the snow and cold hard rain.

So maybe have a clue before you speak.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No idea what that means. I grew up in a colder place than NJ and played sports all my life. Played baseball in the snow and basketball outside in sleet and rain. Not to mention all the great football games and practices in the snow and cold hard rain.

So maybe have a clue before you speak.
So when did you get soft. When your wife makes you wear a jacket before you go outside? Excusing this staff for having adult men practice indoors due to bad weather is disgraceful.