Twitter: Jason Garrett on The Fan - 11/11/19

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
At least we found something that Garrett is good at.

Throwing everyone else under the bus.

200.webp

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Kellen called the Plays .... Dak had several options .... and Tavon was given scenarios ....

.... and the HEAD COACH has no say over any of that?

source.gif

Garrett...……………."Kellen called the plays, so that's on him"
Garrett...…………….."Dak has options to change the play if he doesn't like the look, he didnt so that's on him".
Garrett...…………….."Tavon has the autonomy to go make a play, so a fair catch with 30 yds of open grass is on him"

So the common theme here is that anything that goes wrong "that's on them, not me"...….what a courageous head coach we got.:facepalm:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
KC Masterpiece - 105.3 the Fan... Just quoted someone saying Dakota made 3 bad plays in row....basically saying he should have gone against coaches call and called Coopers number instead.

So nowthe narrative is becoming bad play calling doesn't matter...its the QBs job to call the right plays.

Wow. That’s a new low. I want this entire team to jump Jason Garrett and let him know who’s in charge. He’s getting power hungry. Only tyrants and dictators throw other people under the bus like that.

ksadler1

Reaction score
But. . .but. . .but. . .Jason is a Princeton guy and smarter than everyone else. None of this can be his fault. . .

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Not quite sure how meeting before the play is indicative that the decision was left up to Austin. Do Garrett and Austin meet before every other punt where Austin is given the choice of returning or calling for a fair catch?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The middle Tweet - was that a subtle tossing of Dak under the bus? Damn, that dude sucks. Man up and accept some responsibility.
Just like when Dak threw Dez under the bus.
Yep those 2 go hand in hand.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I remember the 92 NFC Championship Game. The Niners just score to cut the lead to 24-20.
About 5 minutes remain (I think). Norv Turner calls down to Jimmy Johnson and says, "You want us to take time off the clock."
Jimmy replies, "I want to score!" Translation: call plays that will get us in the end zone. And that's what Norv did.
None of this mealy-mouthing, "We'll if this is the case, then you do this. But if this, then do this. But make sure you don't make a mistake."
No, Jimmy says, "Let's make SURE we win this game. Do what's necessary to win the game."
And when your players believe your coach is about winning, they'll adopt an attitude that they want to win.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How do those bus wheels feel, Kellen?
To his credit..he is doing his part to keep the ship afloat...leading the league in offense...can you imagine if he got some help from the other side of the team? Well @ least he got rid of the anchor Conner Williams for a while...so maybe we can get the running game back on track...and will quit stalling drives