Twitter: Jason Garrett on The Fan - 11/11/19

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not trying to be obtuse. But what does replacing him do if we most likely would just replace him with another puppet?

Aren't we better off with the puppet that we know? Instead of trying to break-in a new puppet?
Probably . I think the best Puppet would be one who influences off the field with our dysfunctional organization and continue searching for asst coaches and talent to prop up on the field.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
76960152_2364471607009128_7745670470626628645_n.jpg

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Especially when he has Brad Sham, and Mickey defending him (even Shannon and RJ -105.3 the fan cut him some slack this morning)... Not to Mention JJ.

KC Masterpiece - 105.3 the Fan... Just quoted someone saying Dakota made 3 bad plays in row....basically saying he should have gone against coaches call and called Coopers number instead.

So nowthe narrative is becoming bad play calling doesn't matter...its the QBs job to call the right plays.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
JG saying Austin had the option to return the punt makes no sense. Every punt return has an option to return or fair catch yet the way Austin fair caught the ball immediately tells me he was encouraged not to return it more so than return it.

I've seen Austin trying to return a punt with several opposing players running towards him close by. He's not Cole Beasley who fair caught the ball almost every time even when he had room to run.
This is just an another instance of JG coaching scared and now trying to blame the players for the bad result.

Exactly!! Austin could've gotten a lot of yards. Everyone including the commentators could see that he was coached to call fair catch. So again, Garrett is a liar!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If it gets ugly against Detroit or NE, he's really close to losing the team.

Especially since he just proved hes not loyal to anyone but himself. He threw people under the bus that a head coach has every power to control. Austin's return, and the playcalls? If Garrett didn't call those, then he can overrule them. If he did, then he's a liar for throwing those people under the bus and is useless for calling it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And this begs the question. Did Garrett sabotage Wade Phillips? We can see time and time again how he throws people under the bus. I still haven't forgotten how he threw Romo under the bus after his magnificent game against the Broncos rather than taking the blame. I think it's becoming more clear that he probably did throw Wade under the bus to save his own pathetic skin.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Basically JG took no blame. So he doesn't call the offensive plays, defensive plays, special teams, so what exactly does he do other than clap and give players going back and forth high fives? You got your people and you give them those responsibilities, so I get that and respect that. However, you should be the general and give your input while the game is going on, making sure time management is on our side, eliminating mistakes etc.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Exactly!! Austin could've gotten a lot of yards. Everyone including the commentators could see that he was coached to call fair catch. So again, Garrett is a liar!!

"I mean, yes, technically we told him to fair catch, but he (Austin) has to know we didn't reeaaally want him to fair catch" -- Sir Claps-a-Lot

Last edited: