Twitter: Jason Garrett PC - 12/26/13...and a few Chip Kelly quotes

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jennifer Floyd Engel ‏@engeljen 14m
Getting ready for Jason Garrett presser where he's unlikely to rule out Romo-Lee despite feeling neither plays. Uh oh.
Garrett does not rule out Romo, as expected. Said he does not have to practice Friday to play. Sounds like Operation Miracle at VR

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 5m
Aaron Stehsel from Family Gateway was named Cowboys 2013 Community QB winner.
Cowboys donated $10k to Family Gateway a org. provides services and goods to homeless families.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Jason Garrett on Tony Romo: “The same answer on Tony… We’ll continue to evaluate him and treat him, see how he feels.” So nothing new today
Asked if Friday is a determining day, Garrett says, “Certainly you want your QB to practice at some point this week.” Won’t practice today
Jason Garrett: “Pain is the biggest issue, relative to how he can function. Backs tend to impact your whole body. Hopefully he’ll respond”

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m
Jason Garrett Thursday morning: Day-to-day for Tony Romo and Sean Lee.
Jason Garrett: Pain is probably the biggest issue for Tony Romo. He won't practice today.

Desmond Purnell ‏@DesmondPurnell 3m
Jason Garrett on Tony Romo "We don't anticipate him practicing today."
Jason Garrett "We didn't go in there and say, we gotta put a Klye Orton game plan together..."

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 3m
“We don’t anticipate him practicing today” - Jason Garrett on Romo. Said “certainly” Friday is the day to figure out if he’s playing.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 3m
Garrett adds not a 'hard-n-fast rule' on having to practice to play ( re Romo and other #cowboys )
Extra leeway for Romo, but Garrett concedes need for QB to practice makes Friday likely determining day for #cowboys game availability

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 9s
Garrett would like to see Romo practice by Fri but is not saying if he will be ruled out if he doesn't. Could still playout without practice
Garrett was asked what he is not seeing from the pass rush? his answer was obvious: "Sacks"...Hello
Romo did not attend meetings for a second straight day..He did more treatment today, Garrett said

Chip Kelly

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2m
Chip Kelly says it doesn't change their offense much to have Orton instead of Romo. "I think they'll stick to their plan."
Chip calls Romo's performance against Washington "special," given that he played with a serious back injury.

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 4m
Chip Kelly doesn’t expect Kyle Orton to “run the option up and down the field.” Which is too bad because that would be fun

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 2m
Chip in rare form today. Asked about prep for 'Boys: "I know this team isn't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick this week."

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit this, I'm a fan of Chip Kelly.

silver

Reaction score
banana-in-the-tailpipe-o.gif

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Jason Garrett: Pain is probably the biggest issue for Tony Romo. He won't practice today.

If he doesn't have a chance of seriously injuring himself, Romo will play.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit this, I'm a fan of Chip Kelly.

I'm a fan of the coaching job he's done this year, that's for sure. He's pretty much gotten the most out of the talent he has on hand, and that's all you can ask of a coach.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the coaching job he's done this year, that's for sure. He's pretty much gotten the most out of the talent he has on hand, and that's all you can ask of a coach.

Yep, I didn't think he would be anything more than a gimmick offense when I first heard he got the job but I have to admit I'm impressed with how he tailors his offense to fit the players he has instead of forcing them into a system.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Eagles have the same players and a new coach and things seem to be on the up now. Wonder if we could do the same

CowboyGil

Reaction score
We'll see if the Eagles run away with the division next season and make the playoffs now that the rest of the league will have a years' worth of film on Kelly's offense and Foles. Then I'll be impressed.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Chip started coaching the year all of the NFC EAST teams stink. He's had almost no injuries on his team. He's been most fortunate.

lack of injuries is by design..... he came in with his own, new training methods that helps avoid injuries. There was post about this on the board last week.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

He's also been very very lucky with injuries....not ONE IR since the start of the season....Not a single one. He is an innovative coach though and if some of the health is related to new training methods than credit to him. Personally I think it's luck.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think it was on "Inside The NFL" it was said the Eagles are tied for 1st in the NFL for the number of starters who haven't missed a game all season - 13.