***Jason Garrett Rant thread RUN THE BALL(merged)***

yesfan

Reaction score
M. Barber 7 32 4.6

J. Jones 7 5 0.7

I don't understand why Barber didn't get more plays.
Jones just wasn't effective.

khiladi

Reaction score
Taz;1837809 said:
mcfaden is a lock to come to the cowboys .. jerry is going to get a wow player even if it isn't mcfadden.. I would say jerry wanting mcfadden is almost as much of a lock as KiDD was to come to the spurs

The point is, if your going to get a player like McFadden, your going to have to incorporate him heavily into the game-plan. No OC can excuse themselves from not getting him involved, otherwise Jerry and the fans will be rioting. I want McFadden here just for the fact it will force our OC not to be one-dimensional.

khiladi

Reaction score
rockwood2;1837844 said:
We simply do not run well, we don't run block well, and we don't run well early in games.

Part of establishing an effective running game is to be persistent. Our OL is one of the biggest in the league, but they have no time to establish any consistency because of the nature of this offense. It seems JG just runs for the sake of running once in awhile.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
There is no question you have to commit to it.

We ran well early in the year while nursing big leads in the 4th quarter. Then we stopped even doing that.

Grr.. big frustration.

The Dallas Cowboys.. Garrison, Hill, Dorsett, Walker, Smith.

We have always run the ball well when we have been winners.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I was so p!ssed at Garrett this game run the ball.. Romo is having an off game and his thumb is bothering him. Give it to MBIII! I thought I was going to throw my remote.
:bang2:

Reaction score
IF you expect to win in the playoffs you better be able to run the ball especially when you're in a close game...

rickwil61

Reaction score
GIMEE A BREAK PEOPLE! One week people are calling Garrett "Red Jesus" and Romo is the second coming of Staubach and the next week you're ready to bench Romo and it's OK if Garrett leaves?

Neither of these people suck and we are lucky to have them both. Or perhaps you're ready to bring back Campo and Hutchinson? Those were the good ol' days.

The game today sucked. No question about it. But please, let's don't slash our wrist just yet!!!

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
You people are completely friggin insane. Off your rockers. Out of your gourds. Nuts.

You seriously must drive everyone around you equally crazy if you're anything at all like you are in here.

When your mothers make your cereal in the morning do you throw the bowl against the wall and scream for toast?

When your daddies give you your allowances do you run to your rooms and smear your feces on the wall as a protest for more?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1838268 said:
You people are completely friggin insane. Off your rockers. Out of your gourds. Nuts.

You seriously must drive everyone around you equally crazy if you're anything at all like you are in here.

When your mothers make your cereal in the morning do you throw the bowl against the wall and scream for toast?

When your daddies give you your allowances do you run to your rooms and smear your feces on the wall as a protest for more?

O shut the hell up you sound like a little loser taking everything personal

:lmao: you people kill me to think nobody on this team cant make a mistake

BlueStar II

Reaction score
JeffPrince;1837578 said:
You've gotta let Julius go this offseason. Sign someone else to pair with Marion.

I've felt this way all along, send Jones packing and bring in a RB to compliment Barber. Jones seem to go down on the first contact, rarely breaks tackles and hasn't shown me any type of leg drive. No doubt other teams are definitely making special note of our running game, and with the exception of Barber's efforts, we don't have a running game.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
close game with a QB nursing an injured thumb and he decides to completely abandon the run????? our inability to run is starting to cost us dearly. anyone can cover in this league if there is no threat of a running game. red showed his inexperience in this one IMO.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
94WARE94;1838280 said:
O shut the hell up you sound like a little loser taking everything personal

:lmao: you people kill me to think nobody on this team cant make a mistake
Besides the pot and kettle nature of your reply, putting it squarely in the bizarro bucket, the other crazy thing about it is the assertion that the non-ledge jumpers aren't aware that Cowboys make mistakes.

Of course there were mistakes made. The Cowboys played badly today. Please find a single post in here denying that. The play selection was poor. Romo did play bad.

But none of that is what makes the whining in here so maniacally irrational.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Mash;1837632 said:
If Romo hit his passes to open receivers.......then that would of opened the running game.....

Our running game is set up with the Pass.......has happened all yr.......

So I dont blame Garrett......but Romo....

This Lost is all on Romo......too many fumbles....to many missed passes....he was off

Our OL and defense played well......it seemed like our receivers were open....but Romo didnt play well and thats all good....better now then in the
playoffs.....
I agree with this statement, Romo just played a bad game that's all, when we tried to run the ball it didn't look like we got any kind of push.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How do you go 3 1/2 quarters without running the ball once on first down? He ran it on first down on the first 2 possesions then didnt run it again on first down until midway through the 4th quarter, I dont get it.

He pulled a Mike Martz out there today and made the team completely one dimensional. He needs to have a better feel for the game and realize that Romo is struggling and needs some help out there.

Also the talk about how the running game is working so nothing needs to be changed needs to be stopped immediately. MBIII is averaging close to 5 ypc this year and needs to be on the field. He had 4.6 a carry in this game and only got the ball 7 times, that is unexcusable.

slick325

Reaction score
Garrett played with the great Emmitt Smith, so yes, he knows what a running game is supposed to look like. Red works with this offense everyday and knows its' strengths and weaknesses inside and out. I don't think he has faith in our running game to be honest. Jones is no feature back and MBIII is a fantastic compliment to a feature back IMHO.

Red has been calling great games this season and I don't place any blame on him for this loss. This one falls squarely on Romo's shoulders. The injury is a cop out IMO. He didn't seem into the game from the very beginning. Prior to the thumb injury, he was completely off his game. If you were the OC would you give up on the man who likely will be a runner-up for the league MVP and a two time Pro Bowler and place your faith in Julius Jones and MBIII? I wouldn't. I would think that Romo would put enough plays together to win us the game like he had been doing all season.

Once Dallas gets a feature back like a Dorsett or Herschel or Emmitt it will be an easier decision for our OC to put their faith in a Pro Bowl back if his Pro Bowl QB can't make it happen for him.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Particularly when Romo is off or hurt somewhat or if the other team is playing tight against pass.

I thought Barber was running well at least. We forced it a bit today.

I still see with the size of the Oline the potential for a running game is there.

I know the pass has been setting up the run all year, but I thought today they forced the passing game and could have tried a bit more running.

LarryCanadian

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
we got to 12-1 playing the same way.

Tip your hat to the eagles instead of looking to blame everyone for the loss.

The eagles played really well and romo struggled. Simple as that.

I would imagine there is something dictating why we threw the ball and saying run the ball more just to say it it is kind of pointless.

I think we will see the running game more next week.

There is nothing wrong with adversity.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
My personal gripe re: the running game, extends beyond this game. It just manifests itself when Romo struggles.

I respectfully disagree, the Eagles did not play well today. They were a team ripe for the slaughter if we jumped on them.

Not the end of the world, just makes things more difficult.