***Jason Garrett Rant thread RUN THE BALL(merged)***

The Panch

Reaction score
rockwood2;1838750 said:
I respectfully disagree, the Eagles did not play well today. They were a team ripe for the slaughter if we jumped on them.
Exactly. LOL @ these delusional people looking at the scoreboard as a justification of good Philly Defense when it was Romo was missing open guys and forcing passes that werent there the entire game.

Reaction score
Jimz31;1837541 said:
Alot of you guys have been giving Garrett alot of props even though we have been going most of this season without a running game.

This is the NFL and you need to run the ball....not just at the end of games, but during as well.

Most of our running plays called this year is after we have a good lead in the 4th qtr....we should be evening out the play-calling more...ESPECIALLY when Romo was playing the way that he did with his thumb etc....

I've been questioning him since the first half of the season....around week 4 or so.

Our first run in the second half was the second play....our next one didn't come until 7:43 of the 4th qtr. No excuse for that in a close game....ESPECIALLY with the problems in our passing game.

Wow, since when is 114 rushing yds./gm without a running game? The 'Boys are pretty much tied for 11th with the Patriots in the league running the ball. Our 4.4 avg. is even a little better than their 4.0. I would think any time we can tie the Pats at ANYTHING, we're doing pretty good. Since that leaves 20 other teams in the NFL with a worse average, "Without a running game" is a little drastic, don't you think?

Check your stats before running the team down after one bad game.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Our 4.4 avg. is even a little better than their 4.0. I would think any time we can tie the Pats at ANYTHING, we're doing pretty good. Since that leaves 20 other teams in the NFL with a worse average, "Without a running game" is a little drastic, don't you think?

Check your stats before running the gums........:D[/QUOTE]

You know what they say about statistics..

I think if you look at most of our games this season we simply have not been able to line up and run the ball.

We were getting a lot of 4th quarter yards early in the year, and we get a lot of 'trickery' yardage from draws.

Anyone watch Jacksonville today? Thats the type of running i'm talking about. Running when they know/think its coming.

We may not have the line for it. We can only zone block we don't pull well, and committing to a fullback might be needed as well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theebs;1838702 said:
we got to 12-1 playing the same way.

Tip your hat to the eagles instead of looking to blame everyone for the loss.

The eagles played really well and romo struggled. Simple as that.

I would imagine there is something dictating why we threw the ball and saying run the ball more just to say it it is kind of pointless.

I think we will see the running game more next week.

There is nothing wrong with adversity.

Especially for a young team. We're not Patriots-experienced yet.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cogan;1838776 said:
Wow, since when is 114 rushing yds./gm without a running game? The 'Boys are pretty much tied for 11th with the Patriots in the league running the ball. Our 4.4 avg. is even a little better than their 4.0. I would think any time we can tie the Pats at ANYTHING, we're doing pretty good. Since that leaves 20 other teams in the NFL with a worse average, "Without a running game" is a little drastic, don't you think?

Check your stats before running the team down after one bad game.

here some stats for you then...last two games...31 rush atempts, 80 passes...5 total first downs via rushing

David