Jason Garrett... the answer?

Reaction score
Still think he is the answer...looks a lot like the Sean Peyton 8-8 approach. Have a good 10 games until people figure you out, and then...

NO ABILITY TO ADJUST!!!

Damn...the hoodie in New England and his OC can adjust to personnel...but the answer to life here in Big D can't...

Ugh...it was easier when we knew we were terrible.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
That shotgun, delayed handoff worked twice in a row....LET'S TRY IT A 3RD TIME!

utrunner07

Reaction score
Im all for firing Garrett with wade...

here is the deal, whoever the next hc is needs to hire his own staff, if he wants garrrett let HIM hire Garrett...no more of Jerry hiring half the coaching staff #$@%

Edit: This post makes no sense here....im delusional with disappointment in this franchise and anger with Jerry

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2393024 said:
Still think he is the answer...looks a lot like the Sean Peyton 8-8 approach. Have a good 10 games until people figure you out, and then...

NO ABILITY TO ADJUST!!!

Damn...the hoodie in New England and his OC can adjust to personnel...but the answer to life here in Big D can't...

Yet he comes to Dallas does well and has been a good Head Coach

Maybe it has more to due with the fact that the Head Coach Jason can be a hard arse all he wants if the head Coach is layed back then it does not matter.

Please the starting QB decision is Wades and he could have over ruled Brad playing he did not. This all falls on the Head Coach

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If indeed it was his decision to keep Brad Johnson as our backup QB, that should be enough to destroy any confidence anyone had in him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393046 said:
I still think he is the answer.

I don't.

I would ship Team Garrett out along with Wade and the rest of the staff when the next big-money coach comes in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble;2393052 said:
If indeed it was his decision to keep Brad Johnson as our backup QB, that should be enough to destroy any confidence anyone had in him.
:hammer:

Eskimo

Reaction score
If the next HC is an offensive guy, then Garrett probably should go. If it is a defensive guy, then it may be best for Garrett to stay on for continuity.

I wouldn't mind trying to get the Pats OC or Giants DC in here next year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2393115 said:
If the next HC is an offensive guy, then Garrett probably should go. If it is a defensive guy, then it may be best for Garrett to stay on for continuity.

I wouldn't mind trying to get the Pats OC or Giants DC in here next year.
Spagnuolo would be interesting.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Hostile;2393046 said:

The guy has no imagination. He is a system quarterback calling system plays, and he can't adjust. He is going to force the offense to play his way, and the devil with adjusting to the other team's strength.

Why did New Orloeans cream the Cowboys after Spagnola left? Because Spags knew the teams weakness, and knew the coaches wouldn't change their game plan accordingly.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Hostile;2393046 said:

I'm still in his line at the grocery store, but I am seriously considering moving to the other line that is moving quickly because the old lady at the register is getting a price check on everything and doesn't know how to use the debit machine.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;2393046 said:

Hos, I'd like your opinion on why you think so.

I'm still unsure. I know Aikman, for example, swears by him. And several teams this off-season wanted him. But I'd be curious in your reasons.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2393024 said:

NO ABILITY TO ADJUST!!!

As Jock strap washer? Yes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;2393156 said:
Hos, I'd like your opinion on why you think so.

I'm still unsure. I know Aikman, for example, swears by him. And several teams this off-season wanted him. But I'd be curious in your reasons.
There's simply too much missing from the toolbox to ignore.

When the Offense is healthy you can bet your butt DCs will be scared to death of Garrett's Offense.

I have never seen flea flickers and trick plays as "imagination."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393209 said:

When the Offense is healthy you can bet your butt DCs will be scared to death of Garrett's Offense.

Where's the imagination from Garrett?

Anywhere?

Not only is there no imagination, there's not even the necessary adjustments going on.

Not to mention his two picks at quarterback both suck.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;2393209 said:

Generally it is done by teams that have less talent on offense gimmick plays only help a little rarely work but when they do they get splattered all over ESPN (yes they are fun to watch)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2393209 said:

At least you didn't say he has Pedigree:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2393224 said:
Where's the imagination from Garrett?

Anywhere?

Not only is there no imagination, there's not even the necessary adjustments going on.

Not to mention his two picks at quarterback both suck.
Okay, let me be clearer. I am not looking for "imagination." No one can adjust when the QB is not good enough

We will fix backup QB this off season. With a healthy Tony Romo this is a different team and Garrett is feared and respected.