Jason Garrett... the answer?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393245 said:
Okay, let me be clearer. I am not looking for "imagination." No one can adjust when the QB is not good enough

We will fix backup QB this off season. With a healthy Tony Romo this is a different team and Garrett is feared and respected.

We'll see.

He doesn't get a free pass on the backup QB's, since they were his calls.

Fixing the backup QB in the offseason, isn't too comforting at this point.

Despite the offensive line and QB struggles, I haven't seen any adjustments on Garrett's part to try to shorten his passing game.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don't think Garret is the answer. I think Jerry needs to bite the bullet again and hire a coach and let him hire his own staff....a good coach...not some newby.

I can't see Jerry going into the new stadium without a top notch coach...aka. Cowher.

The one problem I do have though....................I don't think it matters if we had Vince Lombardi.....IMO these players are all stupid. They proved it with Parcells and now they are proving it with Wade.

We might have to make some cuts.........I know it will hurt the salary cap, but you can't keep expecting the same guys not to make mistakes

You are really starting to see why half the staff ran for Miami.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Garrett inherited a Top 5 offense and turned them into a ... top five offense. The only difference between 2006 and 2007 is Garrett got Romo for 16 games. Since then they've collectively regressed since, despite making Garrett the highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL and allocating more and more resources to providing Garrett weapons.

Garrett can go, and he can take overrated Hudson Houck with him. He's no Tony Wise .... or Tony Sparano.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Aven8;2393307 said:
I don't think Garret is the answer. I think Jerry needs to bite the bullet again and hire a coach and let him hire his own staff....a good coach...not some newby.

I can't see Jerry going into the new stadium without a top notch coach...aka. Cowher.

The one problem I do have though....................I don't think it matters if we had Vince Lombardi.....IMO these players are all stupid. They proved it with Parcells and now they are proving it with Wade.

We might have to make some cuts.........I know it will hurt the salary cap, but you can't keep expecting the same guys not to make mistakes

You are really starting to see why half the staff ran for Miami.

Jerry needs to do some thing with a bullet, biting it isn't what I have in mind.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hostile;2393245 said:
Okay, let me be clearer. I am not looking for "imagination." No one can adjust when the QB is not good enough

We will fix backup QB this off season. With a healthy Tony Romo this is a different team and Garrett is feared and respected.

Hos....I know you don't drink.........but maybe you should.

montgod

Reaction score
theogt;2393122 said:
Spagnuolo would be interesting.

I was actually thinking the same thing. He did get the shaft in Wash or wherever else he interviewed last year. He seems like the no nonense type that all players respect.

Who knows what will happen after this season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aven8;2393421 said:
Hos....I know you don't drink.........but maybe you should.
Naw. I don't over react either.

I remember (from study) in 1965 the same things were being said about a Head Coach in Dallas named Tom Landry. The players said his schemes were too complicated and couldn't work. The media were on him like ugly on an ape.

Clint Murchison and Tex Schramm knew something must be done so they gave him an amazing 10 year contract extension.

1966 began the 1st year of 20 straight with winning records.

I see no reason to believe Garrett won't turn this Offense back around when he gets pieces back healthy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393508 said:
Naw. I don't over react either.

35-14 isn't overreacting. This team wasn't competitive today, despite some people calling for victory.

Hostile said:
I remember (from study) in 1965 the same things were being said about a Head Coach in Dallas named Tom Landry. The players said his schemes were too complicated and couldn't work. The media were on him like ugly on an ape.

Clint Murchison and Tex Schramm knew something must be done so they gave him an amazing 10 year contract extension.

1966 began the 1st year of 20 straight with winning records.

I see no reason to believe Garrett won't turn this Offense back around when he gets pieces back healthy.

He'd better.

There's not another team in the league with as much offensive skill power as the Cowboys currently have.

Anything less than Top 5 when Romo gets back will be disappointing.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2393367 said:
Garrett inherited a Top 5 offense and turned them into a ... top five offense. The only difference between 2006 and 2007 is Garrett got Romo for 16 games. Since then they've collectively regressed since, despite making Garrett the highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL and allocating more and more resources to providing Garrett weapons.

Garrett can go, and he can take overrated Hudson Houck with him. He's no Tony Wise .... or Tony Sparano.

Wait when Houck was at San Diego and he had a disciplinarian Head Coach in Marty he was able to take a 7th round pick and coach him up as a rookie to make an impact in the Chargers Oline that had gotten thin due to injuries

Sometimes assistant coaches are screwed if the HC does not hold people accountable then the players just tune out the coaches and do what they want because it does not matter

Reaction score
Garrett isn't the answer at head coach, I'm willing to give more of a chance as offensive coordinator.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Naw, no over reacting ever happens after a loss. If every suggestion were followed through with this year we wouldn't have a coaching staff, front office and would only have about 5 players left and no cap room.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393596 said:
Naw, no over reacting ever happens after a loss. If every suggestion were followed through with this year we wouldn't have a coaching staff, front office and would only have about 5 players left and no cap room.

But the candy and rainbow "We're gonna beat the Giants" posts are OK?

Sorry, but I think the "negative fans" have as much right to be negative as the "positive fans" do to be positive.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2393367 said:

:hammer:

A lot of fans are holding out for a glimmer of hope. Garrett is about it where this coaching staff is concerned.

The fans who stay on the Garrett bandwagon are mostly the same ones who acted as if nothing was wrong last December when the team was falling apart.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2393633 said:
But the candy and rainbow "We're gonna beat the Giants" posts are OK?

Sorry, but I think the "negative fans" have as much right to be negative as the "positive fans" do to be positive.
Did I condemn the idea Garrett is not the answer Stash? Will you please show me where I have condemned one single negative post. If you can't handle opposing opinions close your eyes.

You're not normally so rude. I hope everything is okay.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
theogt;2393037 said:
That shotgun, delayed handoff worked twice in a row....LET'S TRY IT A 3RD TIME!

I'm pretty sure he called it 4 times in a row, ran a different play and then ran it again. At that point, I really started to question his coaching abilities.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393659 said:
Did I condemn the idea Garrett is not the answer Stash? Will you please show me where I have condemned one single negative post. If you can't handle opposing opinions close your eyes.

You're not normally so rude. I hope everything is okay.

Check the thread about firing Johnson.

You ripped that one as a waste of time with no chance of happening.

But you felt your "white jackets" beating the Giants post was OK.

That's the contradiction I'm talking about.

Sorry, I'm not trying to come across as rude.

I'm just really frustrated by so many aspects of this team right now.

Not trying to take things out on you personally.

Just a long season....

:banghead:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dallas has lost 7 of 13 games since beating Detroit last year.

As Parcells said nearly 5 years ago, you are what you are.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
red needs to go if the new coach doesn't want him

problems in our front office however start from the top. jerruh is the main problem, then wade & co, then jason.

all are major liabilities as you can see our record since last Nov is .500 ish and nothing special.

we have the worst coached team in the league and the worst GM.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I would not be so quick to give up on Garrett at OC just yet, but he is not ready to be the HC.

He definitely could use a firmer hand when he starts becoming a little myopic with the playcalling though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2393681 said:
Check the thread about firing Johnson.

You ripped that one as a waste of time with no chance of happening.
Yeah, I don't think we will cut Brad Johnson. I'm a jerk for thinking that? I don't even like Brad Johnson. Where have you ever seen me like or defend him or Bollinger? I don't like them.

But you felt your "white jackets" beating the Giants post was OK.

That's the contradiction I'm talking about.
The thread where I went on to say that my gut feeling is probably gas? My thread where I never ripped anyone who said I was nuts? Yeah, I was so in everyone's face in that thread.

Sorry, I'm not trying to come across as rude.

I'm just really frustrated by so many aspects of this team right now.

Not trying to take things out on you personally.

Just a long season....

:banghead:
It's a long season for everyone. If I am rude to you, get mad at me, but you're mad at me and pointing fingers at me and I'm not being rude at all. I simply don't agree with getting rid of Garrett. If I am supposed to agree with your every thought, let me know. Don't hold your breath.