Jason Garrett... the answer?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Mansta54;2394397 said:
Real tough to run block when the D has absolutely no fear of your QB or the pass. The box stays crowded and the heat keeps coming cause there's no fear of the downfield pass.
You can see Barber's reaction such as slapping the Ball, that he's not seeing many holes. I think Kosier return will help because all I see is Proctor being pushed in the backfield.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
links18;2394375 said:
If Barber would just stop side-stepping he'd be fine. But yes, it is absolutely ******** that we have barely seen Choice with Felix out. Garrett is starting to look a lot like Chan Gailey. Had success early, but then could not figure out how to adjust when teams started taking away what he wanted to do.

Barber needs to hit the hole and stop dancing. I'm not sure if they coached him to change his running style, but I liked his deliver-the-hit style better than this stuff he's showing now.

I still believe in Jason Garrett, I just think that "Tony Brady" has been playing QB instead of Tony Romo. Once Romo realizes the best way to be is to be himself, the offensive line won't have to move around so much to try to hold the pocket for 6 seconds.

I do agree that it is absolutely inexcusable that we have not seen Tashard Choice hasn't gotten any carries with Felix Jones out.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2394368 said:
He wasn't with miami last year when they went 1-15. He was here when we went 13-3.

That is funny :laugh1:

DTK

Reaction score
Like many, I too have become skeptical of Garrett's playcalling. But again, this comes back to the head coach. When Romo went down, we should have become a ball control offense in an effort to help out this defense. No defense can be on the field for 35+ minutes and expcect to play well. But here are some issues I have with Garrett:

1) Where are the crossing patterns for T.O.?
2) When Romo gets back, he has to get Roy Williams a BIG game so that teams can't double over the top of T.O.
3) Quit wearing Barber out. Run Felix and Choice some.
4) Use an unbalanced line and start pounding on some of these light fronts.
5) Hold guys accountable. Too many negative plays for this offense.
6) When Romo comes back, get him out of the pocket. Romo is at his best when he's on the move.

Granted, that's just my non-expert opinion of what I'd like to see, but I don't think I'm off on any of those. If Garrett is indeed a "genuis", he'll make some adjustments during the bye week.

links18

Reaction score
1) Where are the crossing patterns for T.O.?

I can think off 3 of the top of my head from yesterday:

1.) Terrible throw from Johnson. INT giving the Giants a short field.
2.) Terrible throw from Johnson behind the receiver causing TO to turn his body and expose the ball. Fumble.
3.) Nice throw from Bollinger. TD.

thundercowboy

Reaction score
Garrett should practice more on the Madden football playstation.

I mean there are a lot more plays there than was used by Garrett.

Everyone here seems to have seen the problem that Barber was wearing down and Choice was ready and should have been used.
Why wasn't Deon Anderson given a chance to show his talents.
Too much of this using the starters and not using everyone on the field.
Go back to the Philly game.
Bennett looked better and should have spelled Witten more.
The defense must stop a runningback this year.

Give me the ball.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
MontrealCowboyFan4ever;2394338 said:
Hello,

Everyone is saying that they can't wait Romo to come back.. However Rome didn't win us games before he was injured.

He won 4 of our 5 victories. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
thundercowboy;2395132 said:
Garrett should practice more on the Madden football playstation.

I mean there are a lot more plays there than was used by Garrett.

Everyone here seems to have seen the problem that Barber was wearing down and Choice was ready and should have been used.
Why wasn't Deon Anderson given a chance to show his talents.
Too much of this using the starters and not using everyone on the field.
Go back to the Philly game.
Bennett looked better and should have spelled Witten more.
The defense must stop a runningback this year.

Give me the ball.
:madden:

:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2393024 said:
Still think he is the answer...looks a lot like the Sean Peyton 8-8 approach. Have a good 10 games until people figure you out, and then...

NO ABILITY TO ADJUST!!!

Damn...the hoodie in New England and his OC can adjust to personnel...but the answer to life here in Big D can't...

Ugh...it was easier when we knew we were terrible.

I think Garrett is a good coach who is playing with a short deck right now.

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2395169 said:
I think Garrett is a good coach who is playing with a short deck right now.

You mean who isn't playing with a full deck. Seriously, our offense has become predictable and one dimensional. Incomplete pass and then run Barber into the back of Procter or Davis, another incomplete pass (or interception) and punt. There seems to be little imagination or creativity on that side of the ball right now. Why in the world Johnson wasn't pulled in the Rams game is beyond belief and why have we not seen Choice more with Felix out? Confusing to say they least.....

aikemirv

Reaction score
Unless Cowher is an option, I would fire Wade and make Garrett Head Coach today. I think he is a disciplinarian.

We are not going anywhere with Wade, of that I am convinced. I am willing to give Garrett the rest of the year to see if he can bring some discipline and hard nosed style to this team.

Just keep Stewart as DC for the rest of the year. It is not the scheme, it is something missing from the preperation and mindset in this team and I think only the Head Coach is going to change that.

Garrett is fed up with Wade. I saw it on the sideline when Wade was trying to see what play he was calling on 3rd and 2!

jerry might as well find out right now if Garrett has the makeup for HC!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395201 said:
I don't.

What gives you the confidence that he is ?
I already answered that within this thread. There's no need for me to repeat it all.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
^^ see post #55. I especially like the ever-so-important factor where Jason "didn't pay attention to the media and fans going nuts." :laugh2:

;)

Deep_South

Reaction score
dooomsday;2395038 said:
Are you ********? How does O help the D from giving up 200 yards on the ground?

With a back up QB the OC is the problem? Agenda much? STs, injuries, the porus D, poor tackling, turn overs and uninspired play..andthe OC the the "real" problem? LMAO!!! When you play back up QB you need the D to step up! Not satus quo. The D needs to do whatever it takes when the TEAAM is struggling on O. Yeah, thats right, its one team. Stop taking sides so you can blame someone.

The theory is that the other team can't gain any yards during the time that your team has the ball.