Jason Garrett... the answer?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393797 said:
Yeah, I don't think we will cut Brad Johnson. I'm a jerk for thinking that? I don't even like Brad Johnson. Where have you ever seen me like or defend him or Bollinger? I don't like them.

The thread where I went on to say that my gut feeling is probably gas? My thread where I never ripped anyone who said I was nuts? Yeah, I was so in everyone's face in that thread.

I don't think you're a 'jerk' at all.

But I don't think it's OK for people to post 'rah rah' posts while others get condemned for posting negative stuff.

Did you not attempt to discredit the "Fire Johnson' post by stating "I always love threads that have no chance of happening. The hell with rationale."

Maybe it has as much chance of happening as the Cowboys beating the Giants did?

Hostile said:
It's a long season for everyone. If I am rude to you, get mad at me, but you're mad at me and pointing fingers at me and I'm not being rude at all. I simply don't agree with getting rid of Garrett. If I am supposed to agree with your every thought, let me know. Don't hold your breath.

Sorry, but I think your condescending stance in the other post was wrong and it looked to me like a veiled attempt at censorship. One post is 'acceptable' or worthy while another is not.

I don't expect you to agree with me all the time, that would be pretty boring.

Again, I'm not looking for an argument with you and we can just agree to disagree on this one and move on.

I apologize if my disappointment with this season is making me a bit cranky.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2393867 said:
I don't think you're a 'jerk' at all.

But I don't think it's OK for people to post 'rah rah' posts while others get condemned for posting negative stuff.
Again, whom did I condemn?

Did you not attempt to discredit the "Fire Johnson' post by stating "I always love threads that have no chance of happening. The hell with rationale."
I don't think he is going anywhere. I should shut up?

Maybe it has as much chance of happening as the Cowboys beating the Giants did?
I will go delete that offensive thread right away. I had no idea it was so rude of me.

Sorry, but I think your condescending stance in the other post was wrong and it looked to me like a veiled attempt at censorship. One post is 'acceptable' or worthy while another is not.
Oh brother. Not worth even addressing.

I don't expect you to agree with me all the time, that would be pretty boring.

Again, I'm not looking for an argument with you and we can just agree to disagree on this one and move on.

I apologize if my disappointment with this season is making me a bit cranky.
There's no apology necessary. I'll delete that thread harmony can return.

Or should I delete my opinions that Johnson won't be released too. I mean I will censor myself until it pleases the whole world. Damn me for having opinions. How dare I? The gall.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hostile;2393937 said:

I will go delete that offensive thread right away. I had no idea it was so rude of me.

Or should I delete my opinions that Johnson won't be released too. I mean I will censor myself until it pleases the whole world. Damn me for having opinions. How dare I? The gall.

Ok........now both you and Stash really need a drink! lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393937 said:

Let's just forget it, OK?

I respect you too much as a poster and fellow fan to ruin it over this stuff.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2393954 said:
Let's just forget it, OK?

I respect you too much as a poster and fellow fan to ruin it over this stuff.
It isn't going to happen Stash. I don't hold grudges. I just don't think this is like you. You handled all the Matt Jones stuff with style. Now I offend you with a minor comment about Johnson, whom I don't even like?

CPonder14

Reaction score
Garrett needs to stay, at least for another season as OC. He is still green in terms of Coaching experience.

There are many reasons why people are high on Garrett though, Ill name a few......

- Book Smart obviously. Graduating from Princeton you have to be id assume.
- Had a long NFL career at QB without much talent. Shows he is well liked and knows how to play the QB position.
- Other coaches and players rave about him including but not limited to Nick Saban, Scott Linehan, Troy Aikman, Bernie Kosar. Speaking of Bernie who happened to be one of the smartest players to ever play in the NFL. He said that Garrett was the smartest person he has ever played with in the NFL.
- Has won 2 Super Bowls, and Lost 1 Super Bowl. So he knows what it takes to be succesfull.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2393965 said:
It isn't going to happen Stash. I don't hold grudges. I just don't think this is like you. You handled all the Matt Jones stuff with applomb. Now I offend you with a minor comment about Johnson, whom I don't even like?

No, it wasn't the Johnson comment, but more the dismissal of someone's opinion or thread because you felt it was somehow 'unworthy'. As long as it wasn't attacking a fellow poster, I felt the person was entitled to their opinion without it being ridiculed.

I think you would ask for the same for your own posts. I've just never been a fan of condescending attitudes and that's what you seemed to be doing there.

While I fully disagreed with your Giants game prediction thread, I didn't take time to ridicule it or dismiss it either. I respected your opinion even while I whole-heartedly disagreed with it.

Just like I do here.

Back on topic, despite what he's had at quarterback, I feel Garrett has struggled as a coordinator. This offense looks slow to develop and predictable and I think that reflects poorly on him.

As do his two choices for backup quarterbacks.

If I'm Jerry Jones, I'm not giving him a free pass on that and it figures into my decision-making for this team's future.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394018 said:
No, it wasn't the Johnson comment, but more the dismissal of someone's opinion or thread because you felt it was somehow 'unworthy'. As long as it wasn't attacking a fellow poster, I felt the person was entitled to their opinion without it being ridiculed.

I think you would ask for the same for your own posts. I've just never been a fan of condescending attitudes and that's what you seemed to be doing there.

While I fully disagreed with your Giants game prediction thread, I didn't take time to ridicule it or dismiss it either. I respected your opinion even while I whole-heartedly disagreed with it.

Just like I do here.

Back on topic, despite what he's had at quarterback, I feel Garrett has struggled as a coordinator. This offense looks slow to develop and predictable and I think that reflects poorly on him.

As do his two choices for backup quarterbacks.

If I'm Jerry Jones, I'm not giving him a free pass on that and it figures into my decision-making for this team's future.
I ridicule people every day. Including myself. There was nothing different about that post.

I don't agree on Garrett. This is somehow offensive. I have no idea why, but I apologize for offending. It doesn't change my opinion in the least.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394049 said:
I ridicule people every day. Including myself. There was nothing different about that post.

I don't agree on Garrett. This is somehow offensive. I have no idea why, but I apologize for offending. It doesn't change my opinion in the least.

I'm not offended that you don't agree on Garrett, but thanks for the apology.

What is it that gives you faith in Garrett for this team's future?

This disheartened fan could stand to hear some optimism at this point.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
FLcowboy;2393133 said:
The guy has no imagination. He is a system quarterback calling system plays, and he can't adjust. He is going to force the offense to play his way, and the devil with adjusting to the other team's strength.

Why did New Orloeans cream the Cowboys after Spagnola left? Because Spags knew the teams weakness, and knew the coaches wouldn't change their game plan accordingly.

That's Sparano. Spagnuolo is the DC in NYG. Gilbride is the OC.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394067 said:
I'm not offended that you don't agree on Garrett, but thanks for the apology.

What is it that gives you faith in Garrett for this team's future?

This disheartened fan could stand to hear some optimism at this point.
Because I see what he wants this Offense to be and think it is achievable.

Because I have wanted him to be our Head Coach one day since I read about him in 1993 and I am a stubborn jerk who won't let go.

Because temporary memory loss is a fault of all fans when things aren't going good.

Because I don't believe any football team out there wouldn't love to have him and two of them wish they had got him.

Because I believe the biggest problem with this team is the O-line, not the coaching, and I believe that can be fixed.

Because as I shared earlier there was similar feelings towards Tom Landry in 1965 and look what happened.

Because I do not give up in the middle of a season. I simply will not over react until a season is over. Once it is over, then hell yeah, I will over react.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You cannot ignore the fact that Jason Garrett has us as one of the top offensive teams in the league. Hos is right. His offense is feared with our players. Assuming the OL can still block.

You have to understand that NYG are one of the best teams in the league in rushing the passer. And when a team knows it can tee off and ignore the QB beating them when they do that you aren't going to find a lot of OLs that can beat that. Even a great OL is going to have a heck of a time with that. The last few games you can throw out the door trying to evaluate.

I have some problems with Garrett but they are really minor. The problems we had prior to Romo going down bothers me some. He does need to make teams pay for jumping some of those predictable routes. And get away from them right now. He's not perfect. But if this team comes back like I think it can then all is forgiven and mostly forgotten.

BTW I wrote this without reading the entire thread and most of Hos's answers. I completely agree with him though. Mostly.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
what exactly do you see that jason did good or above average since running this offense?

Hostile;2394105 said:

Because I have wanted him to be our Head Coach one day since I read about him in 1993 and I am a stubborn jerk who won't let go.

Because temporary memory loss is a fault of all fans when things aren't going good.

Because I don't believe any football team out there wouldn't love to have him and two of them wish they had got him.

Because I believe the biggest problem with this team is the O-line, not the coaching, and I believe that can be fixed.

Because as I shared earlier there was similar feelings towards Tom Landry in 1965 and look what happened.

Because I do not give up in the middle of a season. I simply will not over react until a season is over. Once it is over, then hell yeah, I will over react.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394105 said:

Two teams did want him, but both look to be doing OK with the guys they settled for while Garrett's star has taken a bit of a hit this season.

Hostile said:

I would agree with you here, but I think Garrett deserves some blame for not adjusting the offense to compensate for the line's struggles and his quarterback's limitations.

Hostile said:

Fair enough. But at this point, I'm not calling it overreacting, I think plenty fans have plenty to complain about.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2394120 said:
what exactly do you see that jason did good or above average since running this offense?
He didn't pay attention to the media and fans going nuts.

Last year this Offense was amazing. Before we got some critical injuries this year we were the best Offense in the NFL.

I never liked Kyle Kosier, now I can't wait for him to come back. I never want to see Leonard Davis at LT again as along as I live. But right now, if Flozell is hurting that bad I'd move him to LT and put Holland in a RG.

Our O-line is the problem, not the game plans. There is no time to run a game plan.

MrMom

Reaction score
No confidence in Garrett any longer.

Sparano was more crucial to our success last year than I thought. He at least understood, and had a feel for when to use our RBs. Garrett's refusal to let anyone but Barber touch the ball is maddening. Choice and Felix need to be involved. The NYG can get Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw involved, but we can't get our other RBs involved.

Bleep Garrett.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394133 said:
Two teams did want him, but both look to be doing OK with the guys they settled for while Garrett's star has taken a bit of a hit this season.
With Cowboys fans who are over reacting to a disappointing season. I doubt it is the same around the NFL. I highly doubt it in fact.

I would agree with you here, but I think Garrett deserves some blame for not adjusting the offense to compensate for the line's struggles and his quarterback's limitations.
Blame is spread along the whole team. I just don't see where Garrett is the problem. So I don't agree.

Fair enough. But at this point, I'm not calling it overreacting, I think plenty fans have plenty to complain about.
In the middle of a season it is always over reacting. It happens both ways. In 2 weeks we will come back healthy and administer a whipping and people will over react the other way.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
but really... how did he improve the O vs tuna & co with Romo?

last year our O fell apart late (when it counted as expected).

around .500 in Romo's last 10 or so games.

Plus without tuna, lee & co. Romo has regressed in some ways, with more playmakers around him.

where did Red make anyone better? barber's running better? why is TO nullified with romo healthy.

i'm confused at the man love for what looks like a fish out of water running our offense. and if he endorsed Brad that is reason enough for banishment.

Hostile;2394141 said:
He didn't pay attention to the media and fans going nuts.

Last year this Offense was amazing. Before we got some critical injuries this year we were the best Offense in the NFL.

I never liked Kyle Kosier, now I can't wait for him to come back. I never want to see Leonard Davis at LT again as along as I live. But right now, if Flozell is hurting that bad I'd move him to LT and put Holland in a RG.

Our O-line is the problem, not the game plans. There is no time to run a game plan.

MrMom

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2393367 said:
Garrett inherited a Top 5 offense and turned them into a ... top five offense. The only difference between 2006 and 2007 is Garrett got Romo for 16 games. Since then they've collectively regressed since, despite making Garrett the highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL and allocating more and more resources to providing Garrett weapons.

Garrett can go, and he can take overrated Hudson Houck with him. He's no Tony Wise .... or Tony Sparano.

:hammer:

Either is Jason Garrett.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2394177 said:
but really... how did he improve the O vs tuna & co with Romo?

last year our O fell apart late (when it counted as expected).

around .500 in Romo's last 10 or so games.

Plus without tuna, lee & co. Romo has regressed in some ways, with more playmakers around him.

where did Red make anyone better? barber's running better? why is TO nullified with romo healthy.

i'm confused at the man love for what looks like a fish out of water running our offense. and if he endorsed Brad that is reason enough for banishment.
Oh chinch I just don't care to go round and round with you on this subject. I am so sick of the Tuna worship. Jerry tried to keep him. He offered him more money. The man turned his back on us. Good riddance. It is long past time to change the record.