Jason Garrett... the answer?

Mansta54

Reaction score
links18;2394384 said:
You mean he was here with Tony Sparano when we went 13-3? The same Tony Sparano who very well may make the playoffs?

We may make the playoffs too. Infact, we're in good shape to do so especially getting healthy over the bye...

Hailmary

Reaction score
utrunner07;2394382 said:
Agree with everything but Barber. The Giants D lived in Dallas's backfield, cant do much when the Oline is not run blocking.

That and the fact that teams have zero respect for our passing game.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394402 said:
Giving credit where it's due, this is the most fair and balanced forum I have ever visited.
Thank you. We sure try like hell.

Sometimes it is one hell of a trying place. I expect it to be after a loss.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Garrett will be the answer when he learns how to diversify and work w/ what the D is giving him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394414 said:
Thank you. We sure try like hell.

Sometimes it is one hell of a trying place. I expect it to be after a loss.

Yeah, I know us 'kids' can be handfuls sometimes....

:shoot4:

I for one appreciate your patience.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394445 said:
Yeah, I know us 'kids' can be handfuls sometimes....

:shoot4:

I for one appreciate your patience.
Same as anyone else, mine runs thin now and then.

It hasn't with Garrett. That's my stubborn streak.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
So Jason Garrett is the problem...or is it Mike Jenkins? or Wade Phillips or is it Stewart again?

BWahahahahaha

And now the villian Hostile must be interrogated about the evil empire...

Bwahahahahaha

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor;2394490 said:
So Jason Garrett is the problem...or is it Mike Jenkins? or Wade Phillips or is it Stewart again?

BWahahahahaha

And now the villian Hostile must be interrogated about the evil empire...

Bwahahahahaha
Interrogations again?

Dang. I thought for once I'd skate.

TonyS

Reaction score
I think that anyone responsible for Brad Johnson coming back this year should be fired immediately. If you can't see the weak passes and sailing passes in practice and understand that it is not going to change from a 40-something QB, you need a new line of work. PERIOD.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MontrealCowboyFan4ever;2394338 said:
Garett right now is the person responsible

I was unaware Garrett played or coached defense.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Whatever happend to putting TO in motion so the opposing DB's could not jam him at the line? It seemed to work before. Teams are now playing bump and run more than ever on us. Our receivers are getting beat up on the line.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
The problem with garret is that choice should of been the starter and barber come in to be a change of pace. Garret doesnt know how to run the ball to open up the pass. He wont be here next year if he keeps throwing out this one dimensional offense week after week. Right now its so easy to gameplan on the cowboys just play cover 2 and take away the pass and hope they can beat you with the run which they never use anyways.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DABOYZ;2394840 said:
Whatever happend to putting TO in motion so the opposing DB's could not jam him at the line? It seemed to work before. Teams are now playing bump and run more than ever on us. Our receivers are getting beat up on the line.

Well they actually did that do for the first time I can remember this season. I find it disturbing that we're just starting to putting TO in motion when he did it all last season and at one point led the league in touchdowns and was one of the best in recieving yards.

Well they sort of go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. When you don't have a quarterback the defense just plays for the run. When they play for the run chances are they stop the run 9 times out of 10. With no run you have a lot of 3 and outs. With a lot of 3 and outs you have a lot of punts and with a lot of punts the defense stays on the field for 36 minutes of game time when game time is what? 60 minutes? Ridiculous. Defense looked bad out there but with all the injuries and with the amount of time and bad field position they had the defense could've been a lot worse. They fought.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2394785 said:

I guess you've never heard the best defense is a good offense....:rolleyes:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
links18;2394375 said:
If Barber would just stop side-stepping he'd be fine. But yes, it is absolutely ******** that we have barely seen Choice with Felix out. Garrett is starting to look a lot like Chan Gailey. Had success early, but then could not figure out how to adjust when teams started taking away what he wanted to do.

We arent substaining enough drives to get MB3 enough carries and you want to pull him for Choice? MB3 is not the problem, the Oline and QB are the problems.

How is Garrett suppose to run to open up the pass, when teams are loading up vs the run because our QB cant throw the ball more then 10 yards down the field. It would be one thing if we were actually blocking someone and running the ball.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rack;2394785 said:

Oh the coach who handles that side of the ball is putrid, no doubt. But make no mistake about it, Jason Garrett is not HC material and a porous OC at that.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday;2394898 said:
We arent substaining enough drives to get MB3 enough carries and you want to pull him for Choice? MB3 is not the problem, the Oline and QB are the problems.

How is Garrett suppose to run to open up the pass, when teams are loading up vs the run because our QB cant throw the ball more then 10 yards down the field. It would be one thing if we were actually blocking someone and running the ball.

You're right MBIII is not the problem but Garrett is putrid.

dooomsday

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2394887 said:
I guess you've never heard the best defense is a good offense....:rolleyes:

Are you ********? How does O help the D from giving up 200 yards on the ground?

With a back up QB the OC is the problem? Agenda much? STs, injuries, the porus D, poor tackling, turn overs and uninspired play..andthe OC the the "real" problem? LMAO!!! When you play back up QB you need the D to step up! Not satus quo. The D needs to do whatever it takes when the TEAAM is struggling on O. Yeah, thats right, its one team. Stop taking sides so you can blame someone.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Come on now, we are supposed to jump on coaching bandwagons just like we do public figures, flavor of the month, qualifications be damned.