Jason Garrett Was Key In Drafting Ezekiel Elliott And Dak Prescott

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm a head football coach at a Texas HS, Wade puts on a clinic every June in San Angelo TX. We had a pullout session with Wade and his staff, so I was able to speak with him in small group setting.

That's awesome, I'd love to hear more about it. Was Garrett friendly, standoffish, other?

I'll keep a keen eye out for your posts knowing you actually have the qualifications to support football opinions you decide to share here (unlike myself and probably many others).

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's awesome, I'd love to hear more about it. Was Garrett friendly, standoffish, other?

I'll keep a keen eye out for your posts knowing you actually have the qualifications to support football opinions you decide to share here (unlike myself and probably many others).
Lol, all the guys here are pretty cool, Im just a rabid fan on this site. Ive been coaching for 29 years and have Been fortunate to meet many great coaches and players, they are always helpful and friendly. The best parts of those clinics are the socials afterwards, but that's another story.
Oh, and to answer your question, Garrett was polite but all business. Wade on the other hand is very friendly, ran into him at a local pub with some college head coaches. Took his time to BS with me for a few minutes and even made it a point to go out of his way to say goodbye when they left. Class act.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
feeling like you need to start a thread about this and/or an AMA
I started a thread in the off topic a few weeks ago. I'll look it up and comment on it so it can come to the top. Check it out some member have some pretty good stories

khiladi

Reaction score
basing all his assumptions on Peter King's article ?its appears to me that he did pull from King's piece but all his assumptions are
over stating your case. IMO

As Peter King describes in his behind the war room transcripts, the coach was a big advocate of the star running back at Ohio State.

Garrett, closed his office door and spent seven hours looking at every snap of Ramsey at Florida State in 2015, and every snap of Elliott at Ohio State in 2016. He liked Ramsey. He loved Elliott. Garrett told the Joneses he favored Elliott. So the group was solid as the clock ran down here for pick number four of the first round of the 2016 draft.

And your point?

How do you go from that to Garrett picked Elliot and everybody else wanted Ramsey? Peter King also affirms Jones was basically head over heels with Zeke and he made the decision in the end in his article.

This author is absolutely basing his opinion on bits and pieces. He is absolutely making garbage up.