Jason Garrett Was Key In Drafting Ezekiel Elliott And Dak Prescott

Stryker44

Reaction score
I want to know Jerry Jones - his method and game plan for scouting, evaluating talent and personnel.

The man does not get the credit he deserves.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think that drafting two players one they and every one else knew was good and one they got really lucky on has made much more of a difference in this season than the hc has made it takes players to make a coach look good

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Needs to win Sunday and get to the NFC Championship game. Something no other Cowboys coach has accomplished since the mid-90s. Including Bill Parcells.

That should get everyone on board. Even the animals. ;)

sm50fx.gif

if he loses, then he is just a slimmer Wade Phillips?

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's funny that you would say this, considering the article you quoted is basing basically all his assumptions on THAT Peter King article. That guy is quoting the Peter King article.

basing all his assumptions on Peter King's article ?its appears to me that he did pull from King's piece but all his assumptions are
over stating your case. IMO

As Peter King describes in his behind the war room transcripts, the coach was a big advocate of the star running back at Ohio State.

Garrett, closed his office door and spent seven hours looking at every snap of Ramsey at Florida State in 2015, and every snap of Elliott at Ohio State in 2016. He liked Ramsey. He loved Elliott. Garrett told the Joneses he favored Elliott. So the group was solid as the clock ran down here for pick number four of the first round of the 2016 draft.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Garrett is the second longest tenured Cowboys coach. That's hard to believe.

yimyammer

Reaction score
When Jason was the coordinator, i asked him, face to face, how much input does your QB have. He told me, very little to none. I'm biased to Wade, he's one of the nicest individuals I've ever met. That being said, I'm letting it go and supporting Garrett 100%. As long as he keeps winning. Lol

Is this a joke I dont get? please help a brotha out, thx.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a joke I dont get? please help a brotha out, thx.
No joke, that's what he said, i didn't get it either. He was a young OC at the time. He's pretty smart so I dont think he misunderstood the question.

yimyammer

Reaction score
No joke, that's what he said, i didn't get it either. He was a young OC at the time. He's pretty smart so I dont think he misunderstood the question.

Thx for the reply, how were you in a position to have this conversation with him?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thx for the reply, how were you in a position to have this conversation with him?
I'm a head football coach at a Texas HS, Wade puts on a clinic every June in San Angelo TX. We had a pullout session with Wade and his staff, so I was able to speak with him in small group setting.