Jason Garrett Was Key In Drafting Ezekiel Elliott And Dak Prescott

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You know tnis, how? Maybe it was the other way around. Who was the last to interview Dakota? Jerry? LMAO!!!!!
You sound like a petulant child. Dakota didn't just walk into Jason's office and introduce himself, he was scouted. Someone below Jason Garret in the Cowboys chain of command took notice of young Prescott and thought he was a worthy draft pick.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The narrative will change dramatically if we don't have a satisfactory end to the season (whatever that may be)
Your not kidding. Anything short of the Conference game will be viewed, by most, as a failure. Expectations are a little too high everything considered. The Cowboys could go all the way but its not a certainty.

willia451

Reaction score
B9gMIQKCMAEEEEt.jpg

waving monkey

Reaction score
Exactly, not Garrett's.

When a company hires any person to do a job and they do it.
Do we say the CEO,Pres,CFO or coach didn't do it the guy that was hired to do that job
did it..The company did it and they did a good job. Why is this so hard for some of you guys to grasp?

d_dub88

Reaction score
I still think Garrett and Jones sabotaged Wilson to become head coach. That's why he didnt take the Baltimore job. When he was a coordinator he would not let Romo change plays, as a head coach Romo gets the green light. Oh well, doesn't matter now. I hope he gets coach of the year and wins us multiple Superbowls. Go Red!!!
Romo was audibleing to passes way to much in some games. I remember the 2010 Washington game like it was yesterday, because I was there, were Romo was tricked over and over into changing calls. Basically he killed our run game, threw 50 times and lost.

Gaede

Reaction score
It's been fun watching it gradually dawn on people what's been going on in Dallas the last several years. Just swallow the pill and get on board the HC train. There's no stopping it now. Either get on board, or stay under the tracks.

Anybody here think he's not the hands-down favorite for Coach of the Year in the NFL in 2016? Anybody?

Yeah, in retrospect, it's clear what type of team Garrett has been trying to build. This is one instance where it's OK for you to say you were right all along.

I will say one thing though: the missing ingredient for a Garrett team is fun. With the right players, the team a) has fun playing and b) is fun watching. In the past, Garrett teams were very robotic. And that led to 'good' teams. But to be better than just good, to be great, you need a spark. And that's what guys like Zeke provide.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You sound like a petulant child. Dakota didn't just walk into Jason's office and introduce himself, he was scouted. Someone below Jason Garret in the Cowboys chain of command took notice of young Prescott and thought he was a worthy draft pick.
Always start with the insults when someone disagrees. So typical.
Maybe you're not built for a football forum?

Yah. Jason never watches college ranked football. His wife took away his TV. He's also not allowed talk to his college level head coaches whom most are friends. Including Saban whom, BTW, was beat by Prescott.

But your right. Prescott probably didn't walk into Garrett's office.....That would be silly, even as a notion. Right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe regardless of the results in the playoffs Garrett will win.

No one expected him to have success with Jerry.

willia451

Reaction score
It's been fun watching it gradually dawn on people what's been going on in Dallas the last several years. Just swallow the pill and get on board the HC train. There's no stopping it now. Either get on board, or stay under the tracks.

Anybody here think he's not the hands-down favorite for Coach of the Year in the NFL in 2016? Anybody?

Needs to win Sunday and get to the NFC Championship game. Something no other Cowboys coach has accomplished since the mid-90s. Including Bill Parcells.

That should get everyone on board. Even the animals. ;)

sm50fx.gif

Everson24

Reaction score
Jason Garrett did not want the Randy Gregory pick. He wanted speedy WR Tyler Lockett. He also was not on board with the trade for Mo Claiborne. It was later made known that the Cowboys would have drafted Micheal Brockers and Bobby Wagner instead. Just think how good this team would look right now with those three players on this team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Khilda what does it mean "actual article" and when did Peter King become the go to man for inside Dallas Cowboys info.
ya obviously they wanted other QB's before they took Dakota.

It's funny that you would say this, considering the article you quoted is basing basically all his assumptions on THAT Peter King article. That guy is quoting the Peter King article.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Always start with the insults when someone disagrees. So typical.
Maybe you're not built for a football forum?

Yah. Jason never watches college ranked football. His wife took away his TV. He's also not allowed talk to his college level head coaches whom most are friends. Including Saban whom, BTW, was beat by Prescott.

But your right. Prescott probably didn't walk into Garrett's office.....That would be silly, even as a notion. Right?
Your utter immaturity is noted. Rather than adding to this ridiculous conversation, I'll be the adult in the room to walk away. SMH :rolleyes: :facepalm:

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Jerry wanted.......MANZIEL.

Just blew your post out of the water......That would include Marcellus Wiley, #81, Ismail, Roy Williams the receiver, Galloway, Campo, Switzer "Let's bring a gun to the airport", Gailey, Tony Banks, Ryan Leaf, Anzwah, and a slew of other 'Projects' that looked good in the shower and may or may not have got him some 'Glory.........hole'.

Give it a rest, dude. You're embarrassing Jerry........

The Jerry wanted Manziel narrative is tired. Jerry has made it clear (sometimes painfully) that what Jerry wants, Jerry gets. I don't doubt there was talk about Manziel and that Jerry had an affinity for the guy, he's said as much. But if Jerry really wanted Manziel that badly, he would have picked him. He hasn't relinquished that GM title last I checked.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Jerry wanted Manziel narrative is tired. Jerry has made it clear (sometimes painfully) that what Jerry wants, Jerry gets. I don't doubt there was talk about Manziel and that Jerry had an affinity for the guy, he's said as much. But if Jerry really wanted Manziel that badly, he would have picked him. He hasn't relinquished that GM title last I checked.
Be careful. Level-headed/unbiased/non-JerryBashing comments like this will not be taken kindly around these parts...