Jason Garrett

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Well their offense really took off after firing Garrett. Our offense was a top 10 offense through most of Garretts career here as an OC and then as HC while Linehan called plays and including the 1 year Moore called plays for Garrett. Maybe it's me but there is a distinction from how Linehan ran the offense vs when Moore took over while Garrett was still the HC.

Helps when nearly every position is stacked with 1st round draft picks...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol yea, never Garretts fault..you were wrong playboi!!! He won't be a HC in the NFL again

I’ve never said nothing is Garrett’s fault. I did say the offense in NY got worse and not better when he was fired and that the issues there are personnel issues, especially at QB. There’s no factual debate to be had about the former. If you’re being honest with yourself you wouldn’t deny the latter.

He probably won’t be an NFL HC again, I agree.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He needed to go
But to be honest the giants got much worse after he was fired
They did something almost impossible to do
They had negative passing yards for a game
That’s hard to do lol

Their starting QB went down. Nothing impossible about it. Also nearly their entire receiving corps was out for the 2nd half of the season.

Facts are stubborn things.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What made JG likable and good also bit him on the arse...its the fact he went 2 Princeton. He thought he was the smartest guy in the room...and MAYBE he was..but that doesn't mean SMART is "football smart" Those are 2 totally different things. He over thought too many things and the messaging over time was lost, confusing, and lost its luster. Then he lost any cred he had with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve never said nothing is Garrett’s fault. I did say the offense in NY got worse and not better when he was fired and that the issues there are personnel issues, especially at QB. There’s no factual debate to be had about the former. If you’re being honest with yourself you wouldn’t deny the latter.

He probably won’t be an NFL HC again, I agree.

Yep and the reason is because he sucks at it and everyone apparently knows it buy you.

He lasted all of 1.5 years as OC in the NFL. So much for your laughable prediction that people would be lining up to sign him as a HC.

They saw what I saw and what you couldnt see.

Hayseed

Reaction score
At this point it might be time for Jason to get into the small college ranks. Bugtussle hogheads or the Silver city saloon boys,....somethin like that. : )

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What made JG likable and good also bit him on the arse...its the fact he went 2 Princeton. He thought he was the smartest guy in the room...and MAYBE he was..but that doesn't mean SMART is "football smart" Those are 2 totally different things. He over thought too many things and the messaging over time was lost, confusing, and lost its luster. Then he lost any cred he had with it.

There was NOTHING likeable about Garrett. At least not the fan base.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
“When we came out of the preseason and we began the season…we looked around the room. We’re saying: ‘why are we still running the stuff that we were running in preseason in week one?’ And it continued throughout the season. And you can look at the offensive production. There were times I’d be standing on the sidelines and the defenders would be literally calling out our routes. And it wasn’t like they were guessing. There were times when the DB’s would literally back-off and go to where we would be going.”

That season, the Cowboys started the year 1-7. In that same span, the offense averaged 20.1 points per game. After Garrett took over as head coach in Week 10, the Dallas offense averaged 29.1 points per game and finished the season going 5-3. Holley went on to explain that Garrett handed out new offensive playbooks in a team meeting right after it was announced Phillips was fired.

“Literally, we looked around the room asking: ‘What is this?…we had whole new plays. We were going downfield. We were taking more chances…we were like ‘whoa’, where was this?..It was different, it was more explosive. The things that we wanted to do all year, we got a chance to do…The next game we scored like 40 points.”

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You constantly over sold his abilities. It was never Garrett's fault. "Garrett was the victim" was your classing line. You thought Garrett was doing a great job as HC.

You supported and stuck up for EVERY day against all comers. And looked ridiculous doing it.

Post the links or stop making things up.

I did support him against a bunch of truly stupid criticisms. I’ve also shared my own issues with him pretty specifically.

And let’s face it, if you were any judge of what looks ridiculous you’d never try to make an argument in any thread. Your entire post history reads like an application to clown school.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I know many of you hate him. The rest of us admired him as an OC but could see, eventually, that he had taken the team as far as he could and needed to be replaced.

However, I laugh at the NY Giants. Judge firing Garrett and since sounding like a spoiled child with the media, anything to deflect from the horrible job he has done over two seasons. Did that offense improve or even tread water without Garrett? He was getting all there was, not much, out of that crappy offense with no OL and a turnover machine at QB. Who’s to blame for how absolutely atrocious they were without Garrett, who was also coaching without Daniel Jones?

Watching how poorly the Eagles have drafted and the total mess top to bottom in Washington, who would have thought the Giants would be so far from competing with anyone in the NFC East and entire NFL this quickly? And the crazy thing is they are still trending down because nothing from coaching to OL to QB to WR to TE shows any sign of improving.

As one who hates the Eagles and WFT much more than the Giants, I only wish it was them.

I read a rumor that Payton and Eli were considering buying an NFL team, they have the money. It would be crazy if they bought the Giants.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m not sure you’ve got a good grasp on how good I think he was, but he does have a fairly detailed resume at this point. I never oversold his abilities. I also don’t believe the team got much better after he left. McCarthy actually did a worse job as HC than Garrett had in 2020. This year I think he’s as good or maybe even a little better than Garrett was in the years Garrett had a contender. Largely because he has to get credit for finding the right DC, but he’s also done a good job of being aggressive and of managing the spotlight the Cowboys have on them when they’re good. We’ll see how far it takes them. This is the best roster we’ve had since probably 2007. We should expect to be competing for a NFCCG in a stacked NFC.

Fairly detailed resume?

LOL. His entire NFL resume other than a year in Miami and half a year in NY is with the Cowboys. He was always overvalued by Jerry Jones so it's hardly a great resume when 95% of it is just him being with the Cowboys under the protection of loyalist, Jerry Jones.

He was not a good coach. It's downright bizarre that you continue to delude yourself into thinking he was.