Jason Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
See he still has you convinced that he is a coach of any kind.

He isn't. He doesn't belong in the NCAA any more than he did in the NFL. Just because the NCAA is a more junior league doesn't mean he has what it takes to be successful there. In many ways NCAA is even more difficult than the NFL. The lack of a salary cap so to speak means you have to be successful at recruiting and despite his skills as a conman, I think people know who he is at this point. No one major school is going to hire him and no player is going to be convinced to go to his school over another.

If he sucks, why would be good anywhere?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Yes, detailed. He coached a lot of games in this league.

I know he’s unpopular with fans, but you’re generally a reasonable poster, Sydla. We can be honest about his record. He was a good, not great coach, who was a good fit in a tough situation. He bore the brunt of fan frustration after a decade of not getting over the hump.

But we both know that fans will turn on MM and Dak the way they turned on JG and Romo if we don’t win a Super Bowl. It has very little to do with their actual job performance.

He wasn't a good coach and that could be reflected by how many teams we absolutely struggled to beat without Romo the year he was injured and a QB that we employed went to another team and won his first game there. Very rarily if ever did Garrett outcoach another team, it was always on the backs of players like Romo and Ware making up for his deficiencies. When Romo got the reigns to take more control over this offense is the best this team ever was.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett brought Dooley and Columbo with him to NY. He had tied to the Mara family. He has absolutely zero excuses and the backing of that owner. His ‘lackeys’ continue to make bogus excuses for him. He destroyed that offense beyond repair.

Romo was a legend for carrying that mediocre joke of an OC.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The answer to that is “you,” in any debate, Roy. The comically-big should should have been the giveaway.

So I am the one that disappeared? LOL You sure about that one?

More blind behavior from the board jester.

You are like a star crossed lover that came to life with the two words "Jason Garrett". Its like it sparked some sense of love and longing as you come back to defend your lover.

Great stuff!!! You were always good for a laugh. Please stick around as it will create great fun for me and many others to remind you about the failure of Garrett and your wrong way support of him.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Jason Garrett brought Dooley and Columbo with him to NY. He had tied to the Mara family. He has absolutely zero excuses and the backing of that owner. His ‘lackeys’ continue to make bogus excuses for him. He destroyed that offense behind repair.

Romo was a legend for carrying that mediocre joke of an OC.

Romo's greatest mistake was resigning to stay in Dallas. Had he left he probably would have been a hall of famer like Ware will be. My selfishness wanted Romo to stay in Dallas, but in hindsight, say had he gone to Denver... he would have won rings.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they had hired anyone other than Garrett as OC, I'd wager NYG would be the second wild card in the NEast.

I thought they were doing nice things personnel wise, but Garrett ruined Jones beyond fixability, and it sealed the fate of Gettleman and eventually Judge.

You don't get long in this league. Win immediately or gone.

Garrett and Judge are extremely similar. They sound alike. They repeat the same nonsense even when it doesn't apply.

That's what the Giants want though. An NFL good ole boy with a 1980s-90s mentality.

Tough guy, no nonsense.

Until the Maras get a clue (and a QB lol), they will be at the bottom of the league.

terra

Reaction score
Romo's greatest mistake was resigning to stay in Dallas. Had he left he probably would have been a hall of famer like Ware will be. My selfishness wanted Romo to stay in Dallas, but in hindsight, say had he gone to Denver... he would have won rings.
Considering how horrible Peyton Manning was the year they won the SB Romo would have had a walk in the park there. Actually just about any halfway decent QB would have won a ring that year. Peyton really stank it up. And they still won the SB.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Considering how horrible Peyton Manning was the year they won the SB Romo would have had a walk in the park there. Actually just about any halfway decent QB would have won a ring that year. Peyton really stank it up. And they still won the SB.

I'm talking historically. Denver desperately wanted Romo but we wouldn't let him go.

khiladi

Reaction score

Exactly.. biggest mistake of his career, though he forced changed with it. I was just reading that the Cowboys were interested in pursuing Whisenhunt as OC after this, but Garrett opposed any change in the offense and wanted a guy internally, which is what led to Callahan, but then Linehan. It looked like Garrett had a lot of pull with Jerry until Jerry finally said enough and settled with Linehan.

So even then, Romo still couldn’t get completely away from Garrett.

terra

Reaction score
I'm talking historically. Denver desperately wanted Romo but we wouldn't let him go.
I think romo got conned by Jerry. Probably made several promises he did not keep. IT was clearly a soured relationship when they cut him.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Thats how good I am. I got you to completely bust yourself.

Still no denial.

CowboyRoy you always stuck up for zeke: "No I didnt" LOL
You are like a spoilt child that just got told no for the 1st time. I will be just fine I have nothing to prove to you now keep whining

khiladi

Reaction score

If he got Shanahan or Payton as his coach, would have probably been way different. Romo is a “what could have been” story if Jerry wasn’t so invested in Garrett.. the obsession of Jerry and the Mara’s to the Garrett’s is just weird..

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have a point....

These were your words in red which mirror my view on Garrett. Yet here you sit saying I was wrong on Garrett? LOL

As you stick up for the most pathetic Garrett lover this site has ever seen.

Garrett was a massive failure.

Probably a nice fellow but not a good NFL coach.

Dont get mad at me because you thought Chaz Green was a great young prospect and I called you to task on it. Too funny that your still not over that.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think romo got conned by Jerry. Probably made several promises he did not keep. IT was clearly a soured relationship when they cut him.

Biggest back-stabbing in this franchise history. At least Jimmy Johnson wanted to leave.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not think Garrett sucked, I thought he was just OK and sometimes too predictable but look at all of these coaches, point out the exception and no fair using that guy in NE, he's one of a kind. Although there are people in CLE that will tell you he sucked when there.

The problem wasn't Garrett, it was Booger's failure to see this wasn't working and make changes faster. But, Garrett made him comfortable.

As far as that knife in Wade's back, I can see enough after that to believe that could have happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the son was in on that as well. After all, Garrett and Romo were tight, really good friends, but Garrett turned his back on him when he just asked to compete for his old job, he didn't ask for it back, just the opportunity to win it back.

One thing about Garrett that I have never doubted. He was on a tight leash by Booger and there was more involvement than we will ever know for sure. Booger wanted desperately to be known as that GM that raised his own HC. A surefire football man.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Jason was awesome as Jerry's rear end kisser.... other than that, he failed miserably at all other parts of his job as HC.

khiladi

Reaction score
Remember when Garrett was supposedly a candidate for the Duke job. Of course he probably called Coach K to at least get him an interview. That was built off the off-season via the Dallas connections.

Everything with the Garrett’s is politics and family ties. Outside of that, nobody wants him as a coach. Saban may find him something via the Miami days.