Jason Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are like a spoilt child that just got told no for the 1st time. I will be just fine I have nothing to prove to you now keep whining

Im like a parent that just asked his guilty child if he was the one that didnt flush the toiled. Your refusal to deny it proves your guilt.

Looks like my hunch was dead on. Thanks for giving me that piece of ammo. I will be sure to never let you forget it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I do not think Garrett sucked, I thought he was just OK and sometimes too predictable but look at all of these coaches, point out the exception and no fair using that guy in NE, he's one of a kind. Although there are people in CLE that will tell you he sucked when there.

The problem wasn't Garrett, it was Booger's failure to see this wasn't working and make changes faster. But, Garrett made him comfortable.

As far as that knife in Wade's back, I can see enough after that to believe that could have happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the son was in on that as well. After all, Garrett and Romo were tight, really good friends, but Garrett turned his back on him when he just asked to compete for his old job, he didn't ask for it back, just the opportunity to win it back.

One thing about Garrett that I have never doubted. He was on a tight leash by Booger and there was more involvement than we will ever know for sure. Booger wanted desperately to be known as that GM that raised his own HC. A surefire football man.

I've always had tremendous respect for you, but you're dead wrong here.

You're comparing Garrett to the average coach, but the average coach gets like 3-4 years and they're sent packing. The fact that Garrett was head coach in dallas from 2010 to 2019 yet only had 2 playoff wins should tell you a lot about his quality.

The amount of time he had most "average" or "okay" coaches would have at least had one serious run. Most decent coaches can turn their teams around in 2 years.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Hes obviously not going to get a HC interview the off-season after being fired from an OC gig. That’s not realistic. If he’s still looking to work, it’s either as a college HC with a mid-tier program or as an OC for a young new defensive coach once the pro jobs start filling.

That said, that Giants offense didn’t score more than 10 points in 6 of the 7 games they played since he was fired. He wasn’t the issue in NY, just like he wasn’t the issue in Dallas. NY’s issue is both talent—especially at QB—and they have a guy who’s in over his head at HC who’s losing his team. They’re a mess.

LOL even Duke didn't want him.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Im like a parent that just asked his guilty child if he was the one that didnt flush the toiled. Your refusal to deny it proves your guilt.

Looks like my hunch was dead on. Thanks for giving me that piece of ammo. I will be sure to never let you forget it.
I'm skeert oh and I gave you a like and took it back. Is that ok by you ?

conner01

Reaction score
Their starting QB went down. Nothing impossible about it. Also nearly their entire receiving corps was out for the 2nd half of the season.

Facts are stubborn things.
It’s still almost impossible to have negative passing yards

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I do not think Garrett sucked, I thought he was just OK and sometimes too predictable but look at all of these coaches, point out the exception and no fair using that guy in NE, he's one of a kind. Although there are people in CLE that will tell you he sucked when there.

The problem wasn't Garrett, it was Booger's failure to see this wasn't working and make changes faster. But, Garrett made him comfortable.

As far as that knife in Wade's back, I can see enough after that to believe that could have happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the son was in on that as well. After all, Garrett and Romo were tight, really good friends, but Garrett turned his back on him when he just asked to compete for his old job, he didn't ask for it back, just the opportunity to win it back.

One thing about Garrett that I have never doubted. He was on a tight leash by Booger and there was more involvement than we will ever know for sure. Booger wanted desperately to be known as that GM that raised his own HC. A surefire football man.

Garrett was on a tight leash because he deserved it. Jerry didnt respect him as he shouldnt have. We see very quickly what a REAL HC and a real football coach can do for the personnel when he gets in charge. Even with Jerry at the helm.

Garrett had no business coaching in the NFL. That much has been proven and the NFL has spoken. Heck even the players have spoken about it.

fredp22

Reaction score
maybe both Garrett and Judge should be replaced.
While no one questioned the decision to let Garrett go Judges decision to run qb sneaks in victory formation on 2nd and 3rd down with 9yds to go from their own 4 yard line has to be one of if not the worst calls I ever saw. Judge said he did it to prevent a safety but the game meant nothing to his 4 win team. What a demoralizing message he sent to his offense

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s still almost impossible to have negative passing yards

This always seems to be the defense of garrett. That other people are horrible too.

Do you think its easy for any OC to come in in the middle of the season after and change it mid stride from the horror of a Jason Garrett system? While losing your QB and starting receivers for most your tenure?

Why even defend Garrett? Which is what you are doing.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Garrett was on a tight leash because he deserved it. Jerry didnt respect him as he shouldnt have. We see very quickly what a REAL HC and a real football coach can do for the personnel when he gets in charge. Even with Jerry at the helm.

Garrett had no business coaching in the NFL. That much has been proven and the NFL has spoken. Heck even the players have spoken about it.
You use to love Garrett! When did he break your heart?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
His .559 record after a decade of coaching is extremely subpar, which places him 58th in league history.

Years in the playoffs he is ranked 76th in league history.

82nd in NFL history in playoff wins.

73rd in NFL playoff win percentage.

No Super bowl wins, no super bowl appearances, NFC championships, no NFC championship games.

But yes, keep telling me he was okay or decent...

I would love to have the advantage of failing upwards like Jason Garrett. He epitomizes everything wrong with our society today and the fact that he STILL has defenders is astonishing.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
His .559 record after a decade of coaching is extremely subpar, which places him 58th in league history.

No Super bowl wins, no super bowl appearances, NFC championships, no NFC championship games.

I would love to have the advantage of failing upwards like Jason Garrett. He epitomizes everything wrong with our society today and the fact that he STILL has defenders is astonishing.
I predict that CowboyRoy will give you a like

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Among coaches with 100 or more games coached (103), only 46 of them have 2 or fewer playoff wins.

Of those 46 only 15 coached in as many or more games as Jason Garrett.

Of those 15 only 4 coached within this century and only two within the last decade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I know many of you hate him. The rest of us admired him as an OC but could see, eventually, that he had taken the team as far as he could and needed to be replaced.

Jason was absolute garbage as an OC and HC. He had one good stretch of OC and that was first 11-12 games of 2007. He was figured out and never recovered. And we made that loser our HC for a decade and he accomplished nothing. What in the world are you babbling about? He didn't even last 2 years after being demoted. He's junk. Good riddance to that self righteous, pompous loser.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Garrett has an interview set for Friday in NY with Mara and Tisch. Funny stuff. If he gets hired in any capacity Judge is fired. The 2 hate each other.
Wait…Garret has a meeting/interview setup with the owner while the coach that fired him is still employed there. You can’t make this stuff up. LMAO!

Batman1980

Reaction score
Jason was absolute garbage as an OC and HC. He had one good stretch of OC and that was first 11-12 games of 2007. He was figured out and never recovered. And we made that loser our HC for a decade and he accomplished nothing. What in the world are you babbling about? He didn't even last 2 years after being demoted. He's junk. Good riddance to that self righteous, pompous loser.
jason-garrett-red-flag.gif