Jason Garrett

Zman5

Reaction score
I was trolling the Giants YT channels today on some of the live chats etc...Funny you mentioned Garrett. Apparently Mara still LOVES Garrett and has a meeting with him Friday. I kid u not. Its really funny how this guy gets all the love without being any good at his job., I think Judge gets fired before Friday. Garrett is the guy the Mara family wanted 2 retain all along, instead of Judge.This is great Theatre.

Same reason why some politicians gets re-elected over and over again even after getting caught with a young hooker and drugs. They know how to manipulate people with their lies.
I got to give JG some credit though. Scamming people is a skill, and he has it. He is actually really good at it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well their offense really took off after firing Garrett. Our offense was a top 10 offense through most of Garretts career here as an OC and then as HC while Linehan called plays and including the 1 year Moore called plays for Garrett. Maybe it's me but there is a distinction from how Linehan ran the offense vs when Moore took over while Garrett was still the HC.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I have a friend that played at Auburn with Jay Ratliff. He was always talking with Ratliff and even got set up with great seats at home game once courtesy of Ratliff. Anyway, according to my friend Ratliff said him and the defensive guys couldn't stand Garrett. They felt that Garrett helped sabotage Wade Phillips and got him fired midseason. Ratliff said it was funny how Garrett went from pass happy as an OC to run heavy as soon as he got tagged interim HC.

Marcus Spears has said the same

The offensive players said he broke out a new playbook and they were like where did these plays come from and how come we hadn't been using them.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Hes obviously not going to get a HC interview the off-season after being fired from an OC gig. That’s not realistic. If he’s still looking to work, it’s either as a college HC with a mid-tier program or as an OC for a young new defensive coach once the pro jobs start filling.

That said, that Giants offense didn’t score more than 10 points in 6 of the 7 games they played since he was fired. He wasn’t the issue in NY, just like he wasn’t the issue in Dallas. NY’s issue is both talent—especially at QB—and they have a guy who’s in over his head at HC who’s losing his team. They’re a mess.
Lol yea, never Garretts fault..you were wrong playboi!!! He won't be a HC in the NFL again

Sydla

Reaction score
Hes obviously not going to get a HC interview the off-season after being fired from an OC gig. That’s not realistic. If he’s still looking to work, it’s either as a college HC with a mid-tier program or as an OC for a young new defensive coach once the pro jobs start filling.

That said, that Giants offense didn’t score more than 10 points in 6 of the 7 games they played since he was fired. He wasn’t the issue in NY, just like he wasn’t the issue in Dallas. NY’s issue is both talent—especially at QB—and they have a guy who’s in over his head at HC who’s losing his team. They’re a mess.

LOL. Yes he was.

OK, maybe I'll throw you a bone. He wasn't THE ONLY problem in Dallas. But he was A problem. And you also said he'd be snatched up quickly given how the league viewed him. He could only get an OC job with a bottom feeding Giants club.

I hate to break it to you but the market is telling you Garrett isn't as good as you think.

visionary

Reaction score

His mom right on cue

:muttley:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh and look who comes out of hiding to defend his hero? The guy that said teams would be lining up to hire the horrid Garrett as a HC.

Your ability to humiliate yourself shows no bounds.

You are correct that there are no boundaries around my ability to humiliate myself when it comes to being reasonable and generally correct on this topic and many others.

And, of course, you’re still making up references to things I did not say and that you cannot support on the topic because you’re incapable of adult conversation.

My standing offer to you or any other poster here has not changed. Site the post, link the thread. And then let’s have a little talk about humiliation.

You won’t do it though, and we both know why.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
i was a Garrett fan. It took me years to come to terms with just because your smart likable and a good moral compass dont mean nothing Mr. Natural.
JJ wasted a decade of pro bowl and just good players careers.
Like Moses wandering in the desert.
my own damn fault

ghst187

Reaction score
Preseason there were a fair amount of analysts picking NYG as chic to surprise and win the division. What they don’t understand is they are still clinging to a QB that is garbage and there is a ton of talent around him either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are correct that there are no boundaries around my ability to humiliate myself when it comes to being reasonable and generally correct on this topic and many others.

And, of course, you’re still making up references to things I did not say and that you cannot support on the topic because you’re incapable of adult conversation.

My standing offer to you or any other poster here has not changed. Site the post, link the thread. And then let’s have a little talk about humiliation.

You won’t do it though, and we both know why.

Oh yah, you were right on the money with Garrett. Just keep telling yourself that

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I dont have to do anything. Your laughable support of Garrett is legendary. Just look at what has happened to you since Garrett got expunged? You barely post anymore. Its probably a combination of total embarrassment and the fact that the Cowboys are no longer as important without your hero coaching them.

If that isnt hopelessly sad I dont know what is. There has NEVER been a poster more wrong then you with Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His mom right on cue

:muttley:

Has to be his mommy. Its the only explanation why someone would blindly support someone as bad as Garrett and completely embarrass themselves doing it.

Its like the mom of a serial murderer continuing to claim her son would never do that. :lmao2::lmao:

mathew1184

Reaction score
I'm just glad there were no SeaWorld visits doing his time as hc.

What was Campo thinking?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Yes he was.

OK, maybe I'll throw you a bone. He wasn't THE ONLY problem in Dallas. But he was A problem. And you also said he'd be snatched up quickly given how the league viewed him. He could only get an OC job with a bottom feeding Giants club.

I hate to break it to you but the market is telling you Garrett isn't as good as you think.

I’m not sure you’ve got a good grasp on how good I think he was, but he does have a fairly detailed resume at this point. I never oversold his abilities. I also don’t believe the team got much better after he left. McCarthy actually did a worse job as HC than Garrett had in 2020. This year I think he’s as good or maybe even a little better than Garrett was in the years Garrett had a contender. Largely because he has to get credit for finding the right DC, but he’s also done a good job of being aggressive and of managing the spotlight the Cowboys have on them when they’re good. We’ll see how far it takes them. This is the best roster we’ve had since probably 2007. We should expect to be competing for a NFCCG in a stacked NFC.

conner01

Reaction score
LOL, you were wrong and blind about Garrett . Others of us saw through him pretty early

He’s utter garbage

When we fired him we were told that other teams would be lining up to hire him LOL. Has he been born had an interview for HC let alone been hired

Stop this back handed way of trying to justify how bad he was
He needed to go
But to be honest the giants got much worse after he was fired
They did something almost impossible to do
They had negative passing yards for a game
That’s hard to do lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure you’ve got a good grasp on how good I think he was, but he does have a fairly detailed resume at this point. I never oversold his abilities. I also don’t believe the team got much better after he left. McCarthy actually did a worse job as HC than Garrett had in 2020. This year I think he’s as good or maybe even a little better than Garrett was in the years Garrett had a contender. Largely because he has to get credit for finding the right DC, but he’s also done a good job of being aggressive and of managing the spotlight the Cowboys have on them when they’re good. We’ll see how far it takes them. This is the best roster we’ve had since probably 2007. We should expect to be competing for a NFCCG in a stacked NFC.

You constantly over sold his abilities. It was never Garrett's fault. "Garrett was the victim" was your classing line. You thought Garrett was doing a great job as HC.

You supported and stuck up for EVERY day against all comers. And looked ridiculous doing it.