Jason Hatcher on what’s different about Washington: The head coach isn’t policing the team

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Lil Country Club atmosphere with Danny's boys.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...n-the-head-coach-isnt-policing-the-team.html/

“Every coach has a different approach, but there’s a lot of things different here,” Hatcher said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “I don’t want to go into details about it because I don’t want to get blamed like, ‘Oh, he said this about Dallas…’

“They really take care of the veteran guys. They give us more say-so over the team. This is our team. The head coach don’t want to be policing the team. This is our team, so when we set the foundation for this football team, the way it’s supposed to go, that’s the way it’s supposed to go, through the players and not the coaches. It’s a players team, so whatever we say goes, pretty much, if it’s going in the right direction.”

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You had 11 sacks as a DT, lets see you duplicate that with your self built team. Good riddance.
Oh yeah, and when you get **** slapped by RM you'll know why.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lil Country Club atmosphere with Danny's boys.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...n-the-head-coach-isnt-policing-the-team.html/

“Every coach has a different approach, but there’s a lot of things different here,” Hatcher said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “I don’t want to go into details about it because I don’t want to get blamed like, ‘Oh, he said this about Dallas…’

“They really take care of the veteran guys. They give us more say-so over the team. This is our team. The head coach don’t want to be policing the team. This is our team, so when we set the foundation for this football team, the way it’s supposed to go, that’s the way it’s supposed to go, through the players and not the coaches. It’s a players team, so whatever we say goes, pretty much, if it’s going in the right direction.”
Too late.

If you're concerned about consequences, don't comment. If you're not concerned about the consequences, just do what you have always done.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
So is he actually badmouthing the Commanders here? I don't understand.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Normally I find these operational comparisons from former players interesting, but I'm not sure what value could be derived from any observations of the Commanders organization.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I bet hatcher doesn't come close to 11 sacks this upcoming year. Heck he will probably be injured 3 or more games.

Stryker44

Reaction score
So the players run the team? If so, Gruden will fail. Wade let the players run the team, didn't turn out so well. I take this as a compliment to Garrett, that he is in charge.

Pete Carroll is a players coach...

visionary

Reaction score
Hatcher played well last year because it was a contract year
He will crash and burn this year

I don't think we have anything to "learn " anything from one of the few NFL organizations that are actually worse than we are

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much involvement has he had with the Commanders at this point, anyway?

And, in case we were doubtful, buckle up. We're going to get to hear some Cowboy bashing coming out of Washington this season. This dynamic between Garrett and the disgruntled defensive players is going to be pretty interesting to hear about.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, not at all the reactions I expected to see when I opened this thread. There is hope.

Oh don't worry... if there is some way of spinning this into a Garrett-negative then it will be posted here pretty shortly.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
First year HC.......? Hell yeah I'd lean on the vets. Duh.