Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"I'm a real good dude, but there were times I really just wanted to like f-bomb everybody, including the people at the top, when I was there, because it's bull crap. It's a circus there sometimes. Like let's focus on winning. I think at the same time that the Cowboys brand has outgrown football, if that makes sense. It ain't about football no more. It's hard to focus on football because all of the other components you have around you. Before you even get to Sundays, you done went around the world on a damn tour. We done had Super Bowl teams every year. But you know what? The Cowboys brand, all the stuff you had to go through, by the time you get to football, you're like, this is a joke, football is a joke. People want to know what's wrong with the Cowboys, that's what is wrong with the Cowboys."

This man spitting out nothing but cold harsh truth.

DFWJC

Reaction score
"I'm a real good dude, but there were times I really just wanted to like f-bomb everybody, including the people at the top, when I was there, because it's bull crap. It's a circus there sometimes. Like let's focus on winning. I think at the same time that the Cowboys brand has outgrown football, if that makes sense. It ain't about football no more. It's hard to focus on football because all of the other components you have around you. Before you even get to Sundays, you done went around the world on a damn tour. We done had Super Bowl teams every year. But you know what? The Cowboys brand, all the stuff you had to go through, by the time you get to football, you're like, this is a joke, football is a joke. People want to know what's wrong with the Cowboys, that's what is wrong with the Cowboys."

But yet, he'd been playing for the Commanders his last few years

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Check your numbers on that claim of "one". Hatcher isn't alone. Heck he's not even in fifth place in this race.

Whether we agree with what was said or not, the fact of the matter is Hatcher was not the only player with these feelings. In fact, it's not all that unusual to occur on a team with as many as 60+ players at a time. It happens across the league.

The part that does bother me though is the Garrett/Wade thing. I've been saying the same for years and our GM/Owner clearly had to be aware of what was going on, if not actively involved. It's pathetic. Sure, it was probably time for Wade to go but how it transpired was gutless as a team and organization.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But yet, he'd been playing for the Commanders his last few years
So what? That insight he has from his time here in regards to the culture is first hand.

giphy.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't care about the numbers game, who made who better, who got who paid, not not of that. I supported and criticized Romo same as I do for Dak. I care about winning a SB whether it's Dak, someone else or a damn alien makes no difference to me.

For someone who doesn't care, you're certainly spouting off blindly (and getting owned) a lot in this thread. Maybe it's time to shut up?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Facts. I’ve seen you and your ilk do this. We don’t hear from you unless it’s to prop up Romo or knock Dak. We know your MO.
Lies you mean. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. In fact, it means it's more likely to be false.

I have never done what you claim, but you keep saying it...because you're a liar.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo also became just the 16th player with 8+ seasons in the top 10 in pass rating (adjusted for league size).

Manning, Montana, Tarkenton, Marino, Brady, Unitas, Farve, Baugh, Tittle, Dawson, Anderson, Fouts, Young, Roethlisberger, Brees, Romo.

Romo also became only the 5th player with 8+ consecutive top 10 seasons.

Manning, Brady, Fouts, Young, Romo.

@dckid

So Romo accomplished what only 4 other QBs (all HoFs), but he wasnt top 10???:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dre11

Reaction score
Not to backup Hatcher, but those aren't the offensive scores. The 20 is actually 13 - Dez had a punt return TD. The 35 is 28 - Dez had a punt return TD. Some other points in that game were also garbage points after the Giants scored 31 straight (the last 7 came with :40 left and the 8 before that with just 3:17 left). . So, in the first 7 games, the offense scored over 21 only 3 times and averaged 20 pts per game. And if you add in the 7 in the 8th game (after which is when Wade got fired, not after 7), that drops to 18.4 ppg. A very poor showing.

I do think the jump in points the 2nd half of the season was primarily due to the defense getting a lot more turnovers.

Even if you take away the tds by Dez , the offense put up enough points to win at least 5 games, the defense was putrid, Garrett had absolutely nothing to do with that. The defense instantly played better under Pasqualoni. Wade's unit got him fired. There's no more evidence than the defense as you said helped the offense in the second half, along with the change that obviously sparked the team to rally.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether we agree with what was said or not, the fact of the matter is Hatcher was not the only player with these feelings. In fact, it's not all that unusual to occur on a team with as many as 60+ players at a time. It happens across the league.

The part that does bother me though is the Garrett/Wade thing. I've been saying the same for years and our GM/Owner clearly had to be aware of what was going on, if not actively involved. It's pathetic. Sure, it was probably time for Wade to go but how it transpired was gutless as a team and organization.

The owner set things up to end that way. Never forget that he hired Garrett first, before Bill Parcells chair got cold. And only after he hired him did he decide where Garrett would actually sit. There was actually crazy talk back then of actually making Garrett the head coach. But the fact is that Jerry Jones always planned on Garrett being his head coach, no matter what happened. More of that 'win no matter what happens' crap that is pervasive throughout the Cowboys organization.

It's all about being 'comfortable'. Think the Joneses feel 'comfortable' today?

I sure do.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This, and the fact that the players can circumvent their coaches and go straight to Jerry with issues is a huge part of the issue in Dallas.

We’re doing a lot right right now. But it’s a lot to overcome.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So what? That insight he has from his time here in regards to the culture is first hand.

giphy.gif
May've helped him if he was here another year.
2014 was pretty good
And adding Will Clay into the mix has helped some too

glimmerman

Reaction score
They stabbed wade in the back and even we knew that. It was clear that JG wanted the HC gig and JJ likey told him when wade was done and gone that the job was his. JJ likely wanted JG to use that time to gain experience but instead he concentrated on shortening wades time as HC. But who went on to get a sb ring. And we have been stuck with the back stabber. Him and JJ doing it there way. Run the same plays over and over like the 90’s.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Probably some truth, but really how much is unknown. What he is saying doesn’t seem to be a constant theme among former Cowboy players, and in sports at every level there are always players that end up disgruntled, sometimes with good reason and sometimes not.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Tony must not have invited him to a cookout or something. Not buying any of that garbage he's spewing about him. The stuff about Garrett? Maybe.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Even if you take away the tds by Dez , the offense put up enough points to win at least 5 games, the defense was putrid, Garrett had absolutely nothing to do with that. The defense instantly played better under Pasqualoni. Wade's unit got him fired. There's no more evidence than the defense as you said helped the offense in the second half, along with the change that obviously sparked the team to rally.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say Wade or the D did a great job, or that Hatcher's assertion is right. Just saying the offense wasn't very good the first 8 weeks.