Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

glimmerman

Reaction score
So now Romo was a prima donna. Lol. Ya know we never know what really goes on our locker room. Every once in a while someone says something. Maybe he just seemed like that to the Defense players. I am sure they have there clicks and the Offense probly hangs out together.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I said Romo was in the second tier.
When you say he is better than Russel & Luck, Ryan I just have to respectfully disagree.
I will give you Stafford I guess, but to me they are functionally equivalent, only Staffor will probably pass for 60K yards when his career ends. He will have a bunch of records but prob no SB wins.
Eli I despise him, and I think he luck boxed his way into 2 SB's and he has no other playoff wins other than the 2 SB runs. See I'm intellectually honest I will give you a break down on both ends of the argument, and not just throw out one liners like other posters.
But he has thrown for a bunch more yards, more wins and 2 SB's.
You put him in a tier with alex smith, Carson Palmer, and Jay Cutler. I have to respectfully disagree with you placing Romo on that tier as well. I would definitely put him in the same tier as Ryan, Luck, Wilson, etc.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So now Romo was a prima donna. Lol. Ya know we never know what really goes on our locker room. Every once in a while someone says something. Maybe he just seemed like that to the Defense players. I am sure they have there clicks and the Offense probly hangs out together.
It's not just the defensive players. TO said it too. Terrance Williams hinted at it too.

Dre11

Reaction score
For everyone who like to say these guys are all pro Cowboys because they work for the team.

BryanBroaddus (@BryanBroaddus) tweeted at 10:11 AM on Wed, Mar 13, 2019:
Yes sir. The great thing about working here is that the Jones just want us to be fair. Sure we get a ton of dirty looks and disgust but we have the platform to do our jobs for the fans. https://t.co/gZZIV8wuZa
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"I'm a real good dude, but there were times I really just wanted to like f-bomb everybody, including the people at the top, when I was there, because it's bull crap. It's a circus there sometimes. Like let's focus on winning. I think at the same time that the Cowboys brand has outgrown football, if that makes sense. It ain't about football no more. It's hard to focus on football because all of the other components you have around you. Before you even get to Sundays, you done went around the world on a damn tour. We done had Super Bowl teams every year. But you know what? The Cowboys brand, all the stuff you had to go through, by the time you get to football, you're like, this is a joke, football is a joke. People want to know what's wrong with the Cowboys, that's what is wrong with the Cowboys."

This man spitting out nothing but cold harsh truth.

Where was this truth when he was here? Why spout off crap now?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's not just the defensive players. TO said it too. Terrance Williams hinted at it too.

TO was fine with Romo until the 2008 season. I mean, he was the guy who was crying on national TV and had the iconic "That's my quarterback!" - it wasn't until 2008 when Romo and Witten distanced themselves from TO and TO has never let that go.

Can't speak of Williams, never heard him hint at anything.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Maybe the big money went to his head.
It's really a matter of perspectives we're talking about. It's not concrete. It's how people and players perceive other players.
It could be all in their heads. But when you have several players talking about it, i.e., how Witten and Romo would scheme plays making other players feel they weren't in the "in group," then you get feedback like this.
I don't know whether it's true or not. But other players have said this about Romo. And that leaves a perception with them, especially if they perceive themselves to be in the "out group."

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
TO was fine with Romo until the 2008 season. I mean, he was the guy who was crying on national TV and had the iconic "That's my quarterback!" - it wasn't until 2008 when Romo and Witten distanced themselves from TO and TO has never let that go.

They distanced themselves from the TEAM. TO only got involved because romo and witten shunned the entire wr group and he was the leader of that group

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not trying to say Wade or the D did a great job, or that Hatcher's assertion is right. Just saying the offense wasn't very good the first 8 weeks.

I get what you're saying. But just even taking away the Dez tds, with help from defense, no way should they went 1-7..

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I agree with you. Which is why I said it's a matter of perception. Nobody's right or wrong. But guys in the locker room are sensitive to perception. It's the same thing Ben Roethlisberger is going through with LeVon Bell and Antonio Brown. And other things have been said about Big Ben beyond just the current flack. Winning covers up a lot. But when a team starts to lose, stuff like this comes out.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They distanced themselves from the TEAM. TO only got involved because romo and witten shunned the entire wr group and he was the leader of that group

First off, TO was never a "leader" of anything. He was the epitome of a "ME" player. Stop babbling.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
First off, TO was never a "leader" of anything. He was the epitome of a "ME" player. Stop babbling.
He was the best player in that group of guys so obviously the other wrs looked at him. Not saying the locker room just the wr group. Patrick crayton stated he was the leader of the group

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I agree with you. Which is why I said it's a matter of perception. Nobody's right or wrong. But guys in the locker room are sensitive to perception. It's the same thing Ben Roethlisberger is going through with LeVon Bell and Antonio Brown. And other things have been said about Big Ben beyond just the current flack. Winning covers up a lot. But when a team starts to lose, stuff like this comes out.

I just think the names coming out - if you are correct with guys like Williams, maybe Romo is just a guy that is good at judging people? Williams has become a headache, TO has always been a headache. Romo may have just enjoyed surrounding himself with good character guys. I can't blame him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For everyone who like to say these guys are all pro Cowboys because they work for the team.

BryanBroaddus (@BryanBroaddus) tweeted at 10:11 AM on Wed, Mar 13, 2019:
Yes sir. The great thing about working here is that the Jones just want us to be fair. Sure we get a ton of dirty looks and disgust but we have the platform to do our jobs for the fans. https://t.co/gZZIV8wuZa
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

"No, I'm not partial to the Cowboys organization, despite the fact that I work for the Cowboys organization."

They could tell you anything they wanted, and you would buy it - Hook, line and sinker.

giphy.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He was the best player in that group of guys so obviously the other wrs looked at him. Not saying the locker room just the wr group. Patrick crayton stated he was the leader of the group

He wasn't leading crap. Again, he didn't rally anyone even by performance.

And Patrick Crayton can say what he wants - remember those shots of Owens in 2008 where he was sitting on the bench alone by himself? Yeah, Crayton and no other WR was beside him either.

Again, he was a leader of nothing. Putting "leader" by TOs name is laughable. He was never, will never, and could never be a leader of anything. He was the biggest diva to ever enter and leave the NFL and was all about himself. Legendary player, not a leader.

If you're going to criticize Romo, stop reaching.