Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
https://1053thefan.radio.com/articl...-leadership-says-jason-garrett-sabotaged-wade

“Romo didn't have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don't respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn't see.”

"He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I'll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."

When asked to clarify his remark about making people better, Hatcher went on to criticize Romo even more.

"Romo was feeling like he was a Brett Favre and I'm like 'dude, you ain't do nothing. What have you done? You got your own space that you leave ... don't come in the locker room an interact with your teammates, but you call yourself a leader? Nah, partner. It don't work like that.'

Hatcher was asked about what happened around the time the Cowboys fired Phillips and if the team quit on him?

"Let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you the truth. I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man."

When asked if Hatcher believed that he said, "absolutely."

"We ran three plays three freakin plays (before Wade was fired). I don't care what the media say. We was flying around. We was out of pads in week 7 (in 2009). We was beating people's heads in. Now we go into camp cupcake (in 2010) and do what Wade don't want to do. We get in pads, we beat each other down. We tired, we not fresh. And then you go and call three or four plays (Garrett on offense) till this man gets fired."

They used to make the same arguments about John Elway.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess you never went to school. Everyone should know what the definition of credibility is.
Son, I'm working on my PhD.
Second, the issue isn't the definition of credibility. The issue is what you MEAN by credibility.
A child can be credible if he is witness to a crime. But a child may not be credible if you ask him to explain Euclidean geometry, and he doesn't know how.
Third, you want to get into an insult contest. I simply asked you what you mean by "credibility."
The fact you can't or won't answer a simple question tells me you can't defend your statement.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So no blame at all to the offense for that 1-7 start. Or the owner who couldn't make a competent move?? lmao Garrett was crap and is still crap now! That was a playoff team in 2009. How did the offense look against Minnesota. No need to answer that?? I'm sure that pathetic performance was all Wades fault. If Garrett capitalized on those wins in 2010 you would have an argument. He did not. As expected.

I never said there was no blame for the offense - nor am I a big fan of Garrett. I am telling you, whether you like it or not, the team got fired up after Wade was fired. We were 1-7 and ended the season 6-10. We shuffled around the depth chart, allowed young players like Sean Lee to have a bigger role, Dez Bryant became more of a focus until injury - and we started to get some wins.

There is simply no argument here - anyone who watched the games know we were giving up against the Jags and Packers and it's the exact reason Wade went out the door.

This revisionist history 9 years later, nah, you folks aren't getting away with that. Everyone wanted Wade gone because he was a cupcake that was allowing players in the locker room to turn it into a circus. Go watch some Tashard Choice videos from then - the place might as well been a club.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Son, I'm working on my PhD.
Second, the issue isn't the definition of credibility. The issue is what you MEAN by credibility.
A child can be credible if he is witness to a crime. But a child may not be credible if you ask him to explain Euclidean geometry, and he doesn't know how.
Third, you want to get into an insult contest. I simply asked you what you mean by "credibility."
The fact you can't or won't answer a simple question tells me you can't defend your statement.
Son

Big_D

Reaction score
I never said there was no blame for the offense - nor am I a big fan of Garrett. I am telling you, whether you like it or not, the team got fired up after Wade was fired. We were 1-7 and ended the season 6-10. We shuffled around the depth chart, allowed young players like Sean Lee to have a bigger role, Dez Bryant became more of a focus until injury - and we started to get some wins.

There is simply no argument here - anyone who watched the games know we were giving up against the Jags and Packers and it's the exact reason Wade went out the door.

This revisionist history 9 years later, nah, you folks aren't getting away with that. Everyone wanted Wade gone because he was a cupcake that was allowing players in the locker room to turn it into a circus. Go watch some Tashard Choice videos from then - the place might as well been a club.

LOL what does that video prove? You're showing a guy from the offensive side of the ball acting like a jackazz? Like somehow the assistant HC hired before the actual HC or Jerry had nothing to do with it. Wade wanted to discipline the team and Jerry wasn't having it. You haven't been paying attention if you believe that was all Wades fault.

Here's HC Jerry back in 2010..

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reeves_jim&id=4960662

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Agree but when you have 2 guys saying the exact same things it gives it some credibility especially someone like Woodson. While Hatcher was probably just as selfish, there report back then too that brought this to light about Romo. Now ill say as Romo got older theres no doubt in my mind that he became a great leader for this team. But there was a time where Romo was very selfish trying to make all the plays himself, the whole going on vacation in mexico when he probably shouldve been at valley ranch going over film.

IN 2014 i think the team humbled him and took the ball out of his hands and put it in murrays. And if u go back and watch them games, it looks like Romo was the happiest in his career.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL what does that video prove? You're showing a guy from the offensive side of the ball acting like a jackazz? Like somehow the assistant HC hired before the actual HC or Jerry had nothing to do with it. Wade wanted to discipline the team and Jerry wasn't having it. You haven't been paying attention if you believe that was all Wades fault.

Here's HC Jerry back in 2010..

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reeves_jim&id=4960662

First off, that's not all offensive. Have no idea what you're talking about. And I am showing you, which isn't hard to understand, under Wade there was no control in that locker room. It was the a play pen for little boys in a big boys league.

And did you read the article?

"It's obvious that Jerry understands that this kind of get-tough act isn't his head coach's strong suit and that someone has to do it."

That was posted on March 3rd 2010. That article 100% goes against what you're saying - Jerry was angry that there was no discipline happening from Wade because he was soft.

Big_D

Reaction score
First off, that's not all offensive. Have no idea what you're talking about. And I am showing you, which isn't hard to understand, under Wade there was no control in that locker room. It was the a play pen for little boys in a big boys league.

And did you read the article?

"It's obvious that Jerry understands that this kind of get-tough act isn't his head coach's strong suit and that someone has to do it."

That was posted on March 3rd 2010. That article 100% goes against what you're saying - Jerry was angry that there was no discipline happening from Wade because he was soft.

players skirt the HC and answer to the GM.

Jerry has made Wade Phillips even more superfluous than ever.

That was the problem. Jerry wasn't tough. He was garbage with one garbage decision after another. That "toughness" was an act and amounted to what exactly? Fill me in on how things went starting in March of 2010? LMAO

mattjames2010

Reaction score
players skirt the HC and answer to the GM.

Jerry has made Wade Phillips even more superfluous than ever.

That was the problem. Jerry wasn't tough. He was garbage with one garbage decision after another. That "toughness" was an act and amounted to what exactly? Fill me in on how things went starting in March of 2010? LMAO

Yeah, you are just speculating - I'm not interested in your opinion on Jerry. We know, Jerry sucks - we all agree on this. You're not preaching anything new, I care about claims being backed up by nothing.

I have video evidence on game day of these players giving up on Wade. I have the owner of the team admitting the HC is not disciplining players along with a locker room looking like a circus, I have Wade ADMITTING he was a lousy coach and being stressed out.

You have "Read between the lines bruh!" - Boring. We're finished. Who is up next?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Agree but when you have 2 guys saying the exact same things it gives it some credibility especially someone like Woodson. While Hatcher was probably just as selfish, there report back then too that brought this to light about Romo. Now ill say as Romo got older theres no doubt in my mind that he became a great leader for this team. But there was a time where Romo was very selfish trying to make all the plays himself, the whole going on vacation in mexico when he probably shouldve been at valley ranch going over film.

IN 2014 i think the team humbled him and took the ball out of his hands and put it in murrays. And if u go back and watch them games, it looks like Romo was the happiest in his career.

So what about what Woodson said in 2013? Are we not to believe that? Pretty glowing endorsement of Romo from him.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yeah, you are just speculating - I'm not interested in your opinion on Jerry. We know, Jerry sucks - we all agree on this. You're not preaching anything new, I care about claims being backed up by nothing.

I have video evidence on game day of these players giving up on Wade. I have the owner of the team admitting the HC is not disciplining players along with a locker room looking like a circus, I have Wade ADMITTING he was a lousy coach and being stressed out.

You have "Read between the lines bruh!" - Boring. We're finished. Who is up next?

Without any results you have no argument. Like winning 5 games in 2010 but failing to make the playoffs the following 3 years is some kind of testament to how bad Wade ran things. LOL WOW Jerry was tough!!!! Here it is 2019, kinda makes your crap argument even weaker. I wasn't even a Wade fan, but trying to pin everything on him is laughable considering the road travelled since then.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So what about what Woodson said in 2013? Are we not to believe that? Pretty glowing endorsement of Romo from him.
Thats what i mean Woodson sees it from both sides. He can praise him but still sees the parts that he can critique objectively. Which is why i say there was stuff behind the scenes. Theres clearly disdain for romo from Hatcher and if Woodson hadnt said the same things a few weeks ago then i think Hatchers comments would be brushed off.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
For everyone who like to say these guys are all pro Cowboys because they work for the team.

BryanBroaddus (@BryanBroaddus) tweeted at 10:11 AM on Wed, Mar 13, 2019:
Yes sir. The great thing about working here is that the Jones just want us to be fair. Sure we get a ton of dirty looks and disgust but we have the platform to do our jobs for the fans. https://t.co/gZZIV8wuZa
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

Jason Hatcher on himself (from that same interview): "That's why people love me to this day...there ain't nobody I can't get on the phone with. Everybody respects me."

Even without Broaddus' take, I already knew Hatcher was a narcissistic d-bag. Nobody talks that way about themselves unless they are.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
How many "EX" players you need?. You don't have to be a fan. The eye test and the results confirm it. 13 years and counting. I don't need a player to tell me Garretts wasting this teams time. That's a lot of years to pizz away!! Thank you sir many I have another. In his time Giants 2 championships,. Eagles 1.. Cowboys can't get passed the divisional round and the coaching sucks. You need Hatcher to confirm this?
only 1 if they agree with you.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Thats what i mean Woodson sees it from both sides. He can praise him but still sees the parts that he can critique objectively. Which is why i say there was stuff behind the scenes. Theres clearly disdain for romo from Hatcher and if Woodson hadnt said the same things a few weeks ago then i think Hatchers comments would be brushed off.

I agree his comments shouldn’t be brushed off as I could see Romo earlier in his career was probably an off putting persoanality once JG arrived. I don’t think Romo was that way with BP, Lee, Payton etc... I firmly believe JG was the worst thing to happen to Romo.