Twitter: Jason Peters resolution won't happen until Friday

Jipper

Reaction score
Like your optimism Jipper!
At least the front office has acknowledged the problem and is trying to take care of it.
I just wish they would not have waited for it to become a crisis before doing something about it.

Yeah man, at this point worst case is we put Smith out there and a 1st round draft picks gets a baptism by fire...I'm ok with that, not ideal but it could be worse.

So many on here are acting like if we don't sign him immediately the season is over and if we sign him immediately were instantly super bowl contenders...

The reality is very much in the middle of those two points

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah man, at this point worst case is we put Smith out there and a 1st round draft picks gets a baptism by fire...I'm ok with that, not ideal but it could be worse.

So many on here are acting like if we don't sign him immediately the season is over and if we sign him immediately were instantly super bowl contenders...

Understood, it would be a solid signing, but if it does not happen hopefully there are some other established vets out there that could help the oline.
Waiting for this to become a huge issue instead of being proactive during the offseason to address swing tackle does not instill confidence in the front office.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score

He will eventually have to face that fire but in doing so this early you could potentially lose your QB1 for the season if he has a big time blown assignment let's not act like that isn't Shaq Barrett he is dealing with over there for 4 qtrs the very first game.

Jipper

Reaction score
He will eventually have to face that fire but in doing so this early you could potentially lose your QB1 for the season if he has a big time blown assignment let's not act like that isn't Shaq Barrett he is dealing with over there for 4 qtrs the very first game.

there is always a risk for a blown assignment across the line and Dak has to have his head on a swivel for sure. It is what it is though, its the NFL and there are plenty of teams out there with weakness at LT / RT and the qb's are going to have to be aware situationally.

At least Dak has shown he can take a hit in the pocket.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Doesn't look like he's on Philly's radar. They must know things the Cowboys don't.

It's possible some bridges were burned as his career was wrapping up.

This is from December 2020 (I cut it because I know they don't like for us to post whole articles):

He’s one of the greatest Eagles of all time. And Eagles fans can’t wait to get rid of him.

This is the strange reality of Jason Peters.

Peters, a nine-time Pro Bowler and a likely Hall of Famer, now finds himself the object of fan derision, thanks to a dreadful season in which he refused to change positions without a pay raise and then performed miserably when he did switch.

And as Peters plays out the final days of his 17th and likely final NFL season, his legacy has clearly been tarnished and it’s going to take time to undo the damage.

It’s tough to watch an all-timer get pushed around and embarrassed by average pass rushers. To watch him unable to play left tackle or right guard with any sort of power or athleticism.

There are few things in sports sadder than an all-timer who stuck around too long.

But as poorly as J.P. has played, that legacy wouldn’t have taken as big a hit if it hadn’t been for his awkward contract gambit.

Peters has made more money than any player in Eagles history. Jeff Lurie has paid him over $100 million since 2009.

So when Peters refused to move from guard to tackle without a pay bump, it came across as petty and selfish. It’s fine to ask for more money. But you don’t make threats about where you're going to play.

That was the beginning of the end for Peters.

And then when he got the pay bump — holding up a cap-strapped team for $2 million more just to change positions — his play was so shockingly bad you couldn’t avoid the perception that he stole money.

CWR

Reaction score
Not on Offense
Not on Defense

We were better per total defense, and scoring defense last season.

On offense, they still have to prove they have a QB.

Your declaration is crap.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This is from December 2020 (I cut it because I know they don't like for us to post whole articles):
@Aerolithe_Lion did say that Dilliard was like their 8th lineman, so there may not really be a need there. If there isnt a need, they will probably replace him with a prospect

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
@Aerolithe_Lion did say that Dilliard was like their 8th lineman, so there may not really be a need there. If there isnt a need, they will probably replace him with a prospect

Right. Certainly not every team is in as dire straits as we are when we lose a starter or a backup.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right. Certainly not every team is in as dire straits as we are when we lose a starter or a backup.
You have to factor money too. If Dillard really was that far down to totem pole, even Peters signing cheap is pretty for that spot

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay. It's Friday. Let's go! LOL
businessman-looking-his-watch-office-260nw-590522015.jpg

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The team has decided to roll with Tyler and Peters would just be insurance. Peters probably wants starter pay.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He deserves starter pay around what he made last year. Paying him $2-4 million is worth it

I’d wager he’s asking for more than that. His agent knows the team is desperate and is maybe asking for 8-10 million for a 1 year rental.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

That, uhhh... that doesn't sound very good.
Are we sure we want this guy?

Carson

Reaction score
I’d wager he’s asking for more than that. His agent knows the team is desperate and is maybe asking for 8-10 million for a 1 year rental.
Possibly. But a guy who has played on the low and has had no interest all offseason won’t be demanding 8-10 per

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Possibly. But a guy who has played on the low and has had no interest all offseason won’t be demanding 8-10 per

He’ll settle for less but a hardball stance may be the reason for delay.

I’d offer him 5 million and say take it or leave it.