Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hkqqnz1sivp6xhr9bncz.jpg

He seems like a nice, friendly man.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Who do guys want. I just listened to Tom Downey and his two top choices are retread ex head coaches Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn. Two defenses that were just as bad as the Cowboys this season. Bradley actually had more talent and the defense still sucked. I don’t think it will matter who the coach is.

basel90

Reaction score
Man jerry must love MM to be so patient with him and his coordinators pick . The journey is still short but it may be an ugly long one for cowboy fans . MM has not done anything yet to convince or impress . His legacy may be tied to a super bowl with a top HOF QB .

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Man jerry must love MM to be so patient with him and his coordinators pick . The journey is still short but it may be an ugly long one for cowboy fans . MM has not done anything yet to convince or impress . His legacy may be tied to a super bowl with a top HOF QB .

:hammer:......McCarthy is quickly burning his bridges. So far every move he's made and considered.... are trash. Just about to the point he's part of the problem too...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This seems like an overreaction to a new staff with no offseason, a lost franchise QB and historic levels of OL, Secondary and DT injuries. Not to mention a defensive staff that failed in nearly every regard. Maybe we should wait to see how the second season goes.

As far as the defensive coordinator search goes... I’m not thrilled so far with the candidates, but I do think there will be a lot of interviews before a decision is made.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll be honest after looking at his resume I would like this hire. He has a big eye for talent. I’m sure he had some kind of say so with the Packers drafting Alexander and Savage and the Panthers drafting Chinn and Troy Pride. All 4 have been good players. His trajectory is pointing upwards. I wish we would’ve hired this guy instead of AL Harris for secondary coach.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I’ll be honest after looking at his resume I would like this hire. He has a big eye for talent. I’m sure he had some kind of say so with the Packers drafting Alexander and Savage and the Panthers drafting Chinn and Troy Pride. All 4 have been good players. His trajectory is pointing upwards. I wish we would’ve hired this guy instead of AL Harris for secondary coach.

Hell.. I drafted Derrick Brown and Jeremy Chinn in our mock draft last year for the Panthers...I guess I'm qualified for an interview. :popcorn:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So two no names in a way from secondary coaches to DC. Whitt and Simmons. Is that an indication they want secondary experience to redo the secondary, and will target S and CB in the draft.

Yes it is a reach but just throwing it out there. :muttley:

But they kept our secondary coaches. When the report came out that Brandon Carr had issues with a DB coach I for sure thought one of both would be fired.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For me, if Matt Rhule likes him, that goes a long way because Rhule knows football. I think he’s a great coach.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yea I was just reading up on him. So what scheme would he install? Panthers were a 4-3 last year

Iago33

Reaction score
But they kept our secondary coaches. When the report came out that Brandon Carr had issues with a DB coach I for sure thought one of both would be fired.
Was it a secondary coach and not Nolan? Confirmed?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I worry McCarthy will start looking towards Nickelodeon for his next coordinator. :popcorn:
well....at least its not anyone he knows so that should make people happy.
because...for heaven's sake...you can't build a staff with people you are familiar with.