Twitter: Jason Simmons interviews for DC

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who do guys want. I just listened to Tom Downey and his two top choices are retread ex head coaches Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn. Two defenses that were just as bad as the Cowboys this season. Bradley actually had more talent and the defense still sucked. I don’t think it will matter who the coach is.
It doesn’t matter. Some of these guys are going to whine about whomever they hire.

CWR

Reaction score
I would relax about these interviews now.

We likely aren’t going to sign a DC until after the super bowl concludes and we interview as many as possible.

This is likely Mike just helping his former guys getting looks

Man I sure hope you're right.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
I’ll be honest after looking at his resume I would like this hire. He has a big eye for talent. I’m sure he had some kind of say so with the Packers drafting Alexander and Savage and the Panthers drafting Chinn and Troy Pride. All 4 have been good players. His trajectory is pointing upwards. I wish we would’ve hired this guy instead of AL Harris for secondary coach.
I am confused as to why he wasn't brought in to coach this secondary for us this year. The rankings and stats for his secondary in GB for 2018 and 2019 is quite good. Granted they drafted good players. But I would much rather him as DC instead of Whitt, if McCarthy is going with his "guys". And as another fan brought up on this thread, Matt Rhule hired him and I believe he is a very good coach.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no head coaches hire people they don't know or have some connection to.
not usually anyway.

its always about who you know.

Haimerej

Reaction score

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
People worry about Simmons and Whitt because the staffs they were on had some down years, but people like Eberflus who was on the Cowboys staff when they had some bad seasons.

There is a lot that goes into a defense/team being a success or failure... particularly when you’re talking about position coaches. They can be good coaches but if the defensive coordinator they’re coaching under isn’t good, they probably won’t have success.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
People worry about Simmons and Whitt because the staffs they were on had some down years, but people like Eberflus who was on the Cowboys staff when they had some bad seasons.

There is a lot that goes into a defense/team being a success or failure... particularly when you’re talking about position coaches. They can be good coaches but if the defensive coordinator they’re coaching under isn’t good, they probably won’t have success.

Totally agree!

Gaede

Reaction score

That's a good point

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good point, maybe they’re not done yet? It mind depend on who’s hired.

Is it just coincidence that both guys interviewed are passing game coordinators too? We're about to have alot of new guys back there so maybe they are beefing up the level of DB coaching. Time will tell.

ultron

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I have a mean Cover 3 blitz out of Big Nickel Over G and Nickel 335 Wide. I also have a strategy to shoot the A-gap out of Nickel 2-4-5 DBL A Gap and a nano off the edge in Dime 1-4-6, can I get an interview?

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. Some of these guys are going to whine about whomever they hire.
And you're going to hop into every thread whining about their whining huh?

What are you some self appointed hall monitor that pesters folks with opinions you don't care for?

Bravo. Keep up the hard work :rolleyes: