Recommended Jason Witten is returning to the Cowboys **merged**

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Exactly, but nobody's got the "feels" like Garrett, Jones, and these Cowboys!

One big "happy family"!

That wins nothing...
That is why we put up with guys like RGregory and RMcClain and Randle and Brent but pass on guys with talent like RMoss, Frank Clark, Ty Hill, K Hunt

Brooksey

Reaction score
Sean Lee is gone. They want Witten for the locker room leadership, no way they want to stop Jarwin's progress:eek:

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
And he can coach up the young guys...whats not to love
Are you kidding? This guy may be a good guy but a teacher to other TEs he is not. Plus he never wants to come off the field so we're always locked into a scheme that works for him.

Atleast he didn't announce he's coming back during the draft this time

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's possible (perhaps even certain, given that he didn't play last year) that the incentives will be deemed 'unlikely to be earned' such that the extra $1.5M will be a charge on next year's cap, if earned. Still seems too high a base.
I am pretty sure they go back to last year played

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I watched him on All or Nothing

His speeches were not inspiring

He looked like a guy trying to be a vocal leader but couldn't pull it off
I felt the same. They appeared full of idle talk and were not exactly what I would consider speaking in terms that younger players could relate to them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Are you kidding? This guy may be a good guy but a teacher to other TEs he is not. Plus he never wants to come off the field so we're always locked into a scheme that works for him.

Atleast he didn't announce he's coming back during the draft this time
Did anyone ask Coach Moore?

rags747

Reaction score
Not so sure they weren't all in favor of it and might have even pushed it. They were looking to get the ratings back up on MNF and that did not happen and he made very little progress during the season. This way, they don't have to fire him or pay him.
That’s what I’m saying, they probably pulled him in and gave him the option to either cover ping pong next year or step down and say that the fires are still burning to play ball and put his hand in the dirt.

Gameover

Reaction score
I HATE this football team! If Dak wasn’t the QB of this team, I wouldn’t give a bleep about this team anymore

Since Witten retried cause Dak sucks, what does this return mean?

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Limited snaps, but I would only pay him the vet minimum with incentives. Sorry Witt.