Jason Witten: No fight, no altercation, no fractures in the locker room or with TO

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2497122 said:
I rely on several different reporters telling us essentially the same thing and you rely on blind faith. TO wasn't accused of doing something that he hasn't done before. There's no "mystery" to this anymore.

More like you're relying on several different reporters telling very different things, and we're relying on the word of a person that was actually.....you know.....there.

That person also happens to be an outstanding human being....something not often said of liars.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2497126 said:
So just to be clear .....

In your eyes Ed Werder is telling the truth

Yes.

...... and Witten is a liar.

That's a little harsh. Witten took responsibility last week in Pitt (for the overthrown pick), but that doesn't make him a "liar." It makes him a good teammate. Today, he threw himself on TO's grenade.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2497144 said:
Yes.

That's a little harsh. Witten took responsibility last week in Pitt (for the overthrown pick), but that doesn't make him a "liar." It makes him a good teammate. Today, he threw himself on TO's grenade.
Of course it sounds a little harsh. You don't want to call him a liar, but you are.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bbgun;2497144 said:
Yes.

That's a little harsh. Witten took responsibility last week in Pitt (for the overthrown pick), but that doesn't make him a "liar." He fell on TO's grenade.

Well I do not know what to say about that buddy.

I trust Jason Witten far more than I trust a sleazy news hound like Ed Werder.

I see him as I do everyone else in the press ...... only after a story.

Being a conservative I am surprised you are that trusting of the press.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2497135 said:
Actually, there's no confirmation that any reporter independently verified Werder's sources. Any reports that came after can simply piggyback off his story. So, indeed, you may be only relying on Werder, to whom your only link is the blindest of faith.

Got it?

Bull****. Clarence Hill (the ingrate wide receivers meeting with Garrett) and Todd Archer (TO snubbing Witten) did. For the umpteenth time, case closed.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2497158 said:
Bull****. Clarence Hill (the ingrate wide receivers meeting with Garrett) and Todd Archer (TO snubbing Witten) did. For the umpteenth time, case closed.

....only they didn't report the same thing that Werder did....so that kinda doesn't mean ****, really.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I do think Witten is taking one for the team, and I don't think that makes him a liar. In fact, it causes me to have even greater respect for Witten. And for what it's worth, I don't "hate" Owens, though as I said in another post, I think he is more pandemic than cancerous. I think he is dangerous to a football team. But I don't think it's intentional. I don't think he can help himself. And I find that impossibly sad, nothing more. I think Owens wishes it were different, and I think he is in denial.

And yes, I will take anyone's point who says I am out there on a limb with zero proof or expertise. You would be correct. It's a point of view, nothing more.

I think Owens wants more than anything to make it work with the Cowboys and simply can't control his own worst instincts.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2497156 said:
Well I do not know what to say about that buddy.

I trust Jason Witten far more than I trust a sleazy news hound like Ed Werder.

I see him as I do everyone else in the press ...... only after a story.

Being a conservative I am surprised you are that trusting of the press.

Well, there's press and then there's biased press. Werder wasn't accusing Mother Teresa of turning tricks behind the Dairy Queen. Instead, he was reporting that a veteran QB-killer was up to his old tricks. My initial reaction was "And?" That others find this story farfetched or unfair is mindboggling. To me, it's same old same old.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
shaketiller;2497178 said:
I do think Witten is taking one for the team, and I don't think that makes him a liar. In fact, it causes me to have even greater respect for Witten. And for what it's worth, I don't "hate" Owens, though as I said in another post, I think he is more pandemic than cancerous. I think he is dangerous to a football team. But I don't think it's intentional. I don't think he can help himself. And I find that impossibly sad, nothing more. I think Owens wishes it were different, and I think he is in denial.

And yes, I will take anyone's point who says I am out there on a limb with zero proof or expertise. You would be correct. It's a point of view, nothing more.

I think Owens wants more than anything to make it work with the Cowboys and simply can't control his own worst instincts.

That is an outstanding post. Very well said.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
shaketiller;2497178 said:
I do think Witten is taking one for the team, and I don't think that makes him a liar.

Which is what I said.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2496928 said:
PT Barnum was right. Anyone here interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge?

Maybe the 'anonymous sources' would be interested?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2497211 said:
Maybe the 'anonymous sources' would be interested?

No need. James and Newman already conceded that there was trouble in Dodge. Case closed (again).

seniorette

Reaction score
theogt;2496901 said:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...D38E2A6F62332E

Jason Witten on the record.

Says there was no fight, no altercation, or nothing like that. Says it was all overblown. Says there weren't any fractures in the locker room. Says there were no problems between he and TO.

Can we leave it at that?

Lets see TO just had his 35th birthday, so why don't you come back with this question in about 2013, and maybe it will be fully debated by then and you can get some kind of satisfaction. Hows that?????:lmao2:

cmacch

Reaction score
Seriously, who gives a crap? That story is so last week. Can we just MOVE ON ALREADY?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2497219 said:
No need. James and Newman already conceded that there was trouble in Dodge. Case closed (again).

For some people maybe.

But you keep taking up for the 'misunderstood media'.

I'll look at 'em for the scumbags that they are.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2497202 said:
Which is what I said.

Right, only you think he's lying. Not sure how that works, but whatever.

I get your take on this, i really do, I just don't think that because Witten has performed these obvious shows of solidarity for whatever reason...damage control or any other.... I don't think that means he was lying. Everything he said in that report could very well still be true. I choose to take his word over Werder's. You don't.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2497219 said:
Newman also said that the defensive guys don't really hang out with the offensive guys, so they don't really know what's going with them.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2497224 said:
For some people maybe.

But you keep taking up for the 'misunderstood media'.

I'll look at 'em for the scumbags that they are.

Most political reporters, yes. You'd never see Wade throw a shoe at someone.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
cmacch;2497222 said:
Seriously, who gives a crap? That story is so last week. Can we just MOVE ON ALREADY?

It would be nice to actually discuss our defense for a while. I hear they've been playing well.