Signed by Cowboys Jason Witten officially signs with Cowboys, salary revealed

jnday

Reaction score
This is great. I miss those 5 yard catches when it is 3rd and 6.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
How so?

It seems that Witten contacted the Cowboys...

Why would Dallas contact a retired player? The player reaching out is probably how it would unfold regardless of whether or not said player was “running from the booth”.

The whole idea is stupid just for the fact that Witten doesn’t need a job. He’s made many millions. He works in the booth or on the field because he wants to.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Count me in as sharing that thought. JW's contract seems like a good deal for both sides. The team will get a savvy veteran at a fair cost.

He'll be drawing a decent salary for both himself and the team. If the escalators are granted, it'll only be because his production earned it.
And if the youngsters are out performing him then hopefully the staff will use him less. But yes it’s a very team friendly deal. Witten saw this past year that we are close to competing for a SB and wants to be a part of this youth. And Linehan being gone may have helped. He knows more than we do about how this organization actually runs.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, at least this puts to rest the rumor he was running from the broadcast booth.
Copy that,Elder Brother!
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

but, do you think the
" talkin' heads" will traverse away from the angled vector of which they've been lobbing their "H&I" fire from, ever since the News of his "Back by popular demand return" broke?

* harassment & interdiction is indirect artillery fire at indiscriminate times& targets, a common semi static front line war zone tactic*

Or are they just gonna wait to dog pile on ,,as/if,, his on-field production continually returns diminishing results?

* ** when Johnny strikes up the BAND/W ZEVON

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He sprinted from the booth
He had to elude Booger in the Space Chair

5bc61d5cf869f2e0a000001c.jpeg