Signed by Cowboys Jason Witten officially signs with Cowboys, salary revealed

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everybody wins unless your the poor sap who can't beat out old man witten for reps...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But he was never actually suspended to begin with. So the missed games wouldn’t count towards something that never even happened.
I think someone was just retreading the old Michael Jordan rumor when he suddenly missed 2 years

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I'm sticking to my thought of he won't make opening day roster. He will retire, be injured or just won't have it. He will stay on as a coach.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So this is a 2 mill dollar deal with incentives that can elevate the deal to a max of 5 mill.

And his cap hit is a max of $3.5 million.

All around it's a good deal. I see the Cowboys keeping four TE's again. Swaim and Gathers will be gone. It should be Witten, Jarwin, Schultz, and a draft pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
what is there to like???? an aging tightend who has lost two steps, out of football for a year, can't get stretch the field anymore something Dallas needs.....really stupid decision to re-sign him...and I love Witten, wish we had ten more like him on the team when he was in his prime which was five plus years ago
It’s gonna be fine.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And his cap hit is a max of $3.5 million.

All around it's a good deal. I see the Cowboys keeping four TE's again. Swaim and Gathers will be gone. It should be Witten, Jarwin, Schultz, and a draft pick.

That's my prediction as well. I don't feel we've given Rico as much of a chance as we should have, but there could be good reasons for that. We don't have any reason to cut him now, though, but if we draft a tight end, Gathers is certainly the odd man out.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
three yards outs aren't going to help this team!

Having an outlet for Prescott will. Too many times he held the ball last year because he wasn't comfortable with his options. Witten gives him a short-range option so he can get the ball out of his hands.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If Jason get us 15-20 first downs this season this will be a steal of a deal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like it.

Count me in as sharing that thought. JW's contract seems like a good deal for both sides. The team will get a savvy veteran at a fair cost.

He'll be drawing a decent salary for both himself and the team. If the escalators are granted, it'll only be because his production earned it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
or the guys who went undrafted or picked in the 4th round just aren't better than the guy who has been doing it for a decade.
The same guy who takes all the practice reps and 97% of the game snaps

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Having an outlet for Prescott will. Too many times he held the ball last year because he wasn't comfortable with his options. Witten gives him a short-range option so he can get the ball out of his hands.
Dak and this offense is already a dink and dunk offense for the last two year years now, it doesn't stretch the field with their tightends and WItten's certainly isn't going to do it now at 37.....

Swanny

Reaction score
I assume you're joking. Can't imagine ANYTHING Witten would do to get a suspension.
PEDs. I mean everyone in the NFL is taking PEDs. But still he would still be suspended if he had a suspension looming