Signed by Cowboys Jason Witten officially signs with Cowboys, salary revealed

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The same guy who takes all the practice reps and 97% of the game snaps

Maybe the coaches need to flex some muscle and tell the players...any and all of them who gets to do what. These coaches like to run the vets into the ground, zeke, witten will be used till they break.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Having an outlet for Prescott will. Too many times he held the ball last year because he wasn't comfortable with his options. Witten gives him a short-range option so he can get the ball out of his hands.
This offense isn't dynamic, the route tree is too easy for Defenses to read and sits on the routes, that was evident watching this offense...Witten isn't helping that at his age and he can now be covered with an average safety or linebacker...the pro bowl type Tightend Witen once was is gone!!

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I see the ole catch and split second follow of cloud of dust is back.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys officially announced on Feb. 28 that the future Hall of Fame tight end was preparing to end his one-year stay with ESPN's Monday Night Football to return to the team for what will be his 16th season, anxious to play once again and well-rested from having a year in the broadcast booth. That has now been made official and the numbers on his deal are in stone following several reports of what his one-year deal would amount to. Witten will be paid a base salary of just $2 million in 2019, but can max out at $5 million if he hits all of his escalators — per Todd Archer of ESPN.

"The fire inside of me to compete and play this game is just burning too strong," Witten said, via DallasCowboys.com. "This team has a great group of rising young stars, and I want to help them make a run at a championship. This was completely my decision, and I am very comfortable with it. I’m looking forward to getting back in the dirt."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...1Kkv2xSQT4bwtDLaRmoRmWir0lVUSjVFp4CqiDzYeGWPc
I can live with that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys officially announced on Feb. 28 that the future Hall of Fame tight end was preparing to end his one-year stay with ESPN's Monday Night Football to return to the team for what will be his 16th season, anxious to play once again and well-rested from having a year in the broadcast booth. That has now been made official and the numbers on his deal are in stone following several reports of what his one-year deal would amount to. Witten will be paid a base salary of just $2 million in 2019, but can max out at $5 million if he hits all of his escalators — per Todd Archer of ESPN.

"The fire inside of me to compete and play this game is just burning too strong," Witten said, via DallasCowboys.com. "This team has a great group of rising young stars, and I want to help them make a run at a championship. This was completely my decision, and I am very comfortable with it. I’m looking forward to getting back in the dirt."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...1Kkv2xSQT4bwtDLaRmoRmWir0lVUSjVFp4CqiDzYeGWPc

Anyone that isn't happy with Witten back for 2 million is a dope.

black label

Reaction score
what is there to like???? an aging tightend who has lost two steps, out of football for a year, can't get stretch the field anymore something Dallas needs.....really stupid decision to re-sign him...and I love Witten, wish we had ten more like him on the team when he was in his prime which was five plus years ago
:hammer:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'm encouraged by this. Sets a precedent for a similar deal for Lee. Low base, incentive laden contract.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well the 6 yard, stop, drop and roll is back back in the playbook..

Linehan called stop and drop for everyone. The natural route for Witten is his Y option. He's not taking that for 50, but he'll get more production out of that than stick routes.