Signed by Cowboys Jason Witten signs four-year extension through 2021

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
All part of the master plan to make other teams think they won't take a TE in the first round and lull them into a false sense of security and then BAM with the 28th pick in the 2017 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys take TE....

Cmon man, everyone knows the Cowboys only draft TE's in the 2nd round!

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Witten - probably a top-3 favorite Cowboy - but he isn't going to play for four more years.

And even if he does, there's no way he can be productive that whole time. He's lost a few steps already and he even hinted at thinking about retirement after the playoff loss in January.

Two more years and he'll hang them up. It'll be a sad day when that happens.

tm1119

Reaction score
Little late for this isn't it? Push more Witten $ into the future what exactly? I figured they would do something with Witten because his cap hit was outrageous, but it should have been done a month ago

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary thing is...In making a Joke...I might be closer to the truth than the Jones will ever want to admit.

If I wind up dead in the next few weeks and bottle of Johnny Walker Blue is found at my house...It was the Jones as I don't drink that liquor.

Duly noted. I'll keep this on file and keep an eye out for any suspicious evidence. If I don't hear from you for a few days I'll make sure things are investigated.

:eek:

tm1119

Reaction score
I say we just say screw it and steal Hankins from Mara's grubby little fingers. Clearly the market isn't very strong for him at the moment, wonder what it would take to get him?

DFWJC

Reaction score
No idea if they're looking to sign someone in particular, but here are a few candidates

Jonathan Hankins, DT
Jared Oldrick, DE/DT
TJ McDonald, SS
Zach Brown, LB
Bradley McDougal, FS
Eric Walden, OLB
Mario Williams, DE
Dwight Freeny, DE
Devin Taylor, DE

Etc

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I say we just say screw it and steal Hankins from Mara's grubby little fingers. Clearly the market isn't very strong for him at the moment, wonder what it would take to get him?

Actually thats the best idea I heard. Helps our D, and also opens up things for Zeke against the Giants.

Interesting.