Twitter: Jason Witten Wants to Coach

birdwells1

Reaction score
Hes a top 3 candidate according to Kent Garrison

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I told my son that if JG is coaching next year we won't be attending any games, I'll amend that to if Witten is named head coach we won't be attending any games because if the Cowboys do that then they are just not serious about winning but being comfortable.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
While you can never say never with Jerry, surely even Jerry would consider that a very bad idea.
HC..not at this point.

Maybe we can be the first to have co-HCs.

We already have it, Jerrah and Garrett.

And we make decision by Board of Directors anyway.

What the heck.

CB61

Reaction score
I hope he coaches how to run a route one yard shy of the first down market or the art of getting shoe string tackles by guys 40lbs lighter than you.

Jk. Jk. Witten has been a great cowboy and player. I wish him the best in the future
Come on now it's not his fault he runs the Route 1 yard short all the time pretty hard to get that extra yard when you're running backwards to get momentum to run forward LOL

CB61

Reaction score
Listen I think he can be a good coach down the road. But I’d let him do what a guy like Bieniemy is doing and coach positions and then move to OC under some highly qualified guys. I think the guys who were players that coach now got some good training..and even that isn’t fool proof. I would not just give him a job high up off the top
You got a point there but he's definitely not ready to be a head coach here or anywhere else at that point

CB61

Reaction score
Yep, QC coach first, same for Sean Lee too when he wants it
If Sean Lee can coach heart and determination or beat it into these guys heads I will take 53 of him on a coaching staff I think he can but like we've all said you can teach all you want you can't go out and play for the guy but I bet you he's give it one hell of a try

CB61

Reaction score
No question.

Garrett has ridden on the Cowboys as his resume.

His background is as a backup QB and assistant coach with no visibility as far as having had an impact for his coaching stops.

So Jerrah believes he can recycle Garrett into a successful coach with his leadership?

Maybe if you started with better experienced coaches who didn't require so much on the job training.

Appreciate the effort of posting Payton's resume'.
well to be fair had limited success as find OC JJ prob thought he could do better with more talent ??? Who knows what goes on in JJ's head I hope he leaves it to science so we may finally get an answer someday LOL

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You got a point there but he's definitely not ready to be a head coach here or anywhere else at that point
Where did you guys get the idea Witten wanted to HC?

I only heard he wanted to coach in Dallas..

and I would assume that to mean as a TE coach or assistant OL/TE coach.

Columbo needs help as his OL regressed from last year.

And of all our positions that have been under the microscope..

OL and its problems were the most impactful given how much our identity as a team revolves around this OL.

Sanjay has his hands full and produced 2 1000 yd WRs. But TE is still not settled

Maybe what is brewing is Witten wants to be a player/coach in 2020.

So Witten would help alot IMO whatever he does.

:huh:

Last edited:

CB61

Reaction score

OL and its problems were the most impactful given how much our identity as a team revolves around this OL.

Sanjay has his hands full and produced 2 1000 yd WRs. But TE is still not settled

It was a media story

CB61

Reaction score

Not the first time it's popped up recently