Twitter: Jason Witten Wants to Coach

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing wrong with starting himoff as a low level offensive assistant. Waterboy, TE assistant, quality control....just not any position group or higher.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Would be a fantastic TE coach. Nobody knows the nuances of the position better than Witten. I'd be all in on Witten as the 2020 TE coach, but first we got to get some tight ends to coach.
I like Jarwin. He's pretty good at grabbing the ducks tossed at him.

nobody

Reaction score
Where did you guys get the idea Witten wanted to HC?

I only heard he wanted to coach in Dallas..

and I would assume that to mean as a TE coach or assistant OL/TE coach.

Columbo needs help as his OL regressed from last year.

And of all our positions that have been under the microscope..

OL and its problems were the most impactful given how much our identity as a team revolves around this OL.

Sanjay has his hands full and produced 2 1000 yd WRs. But TE is still not settled

Maybe what is brewing is Witten wants to be a player/coach in 2020.

So Witten would help alot IMO whatever he does.

:huh:

Yes, Columbo needs help...to be shown where the door is so he can be tossed out with the rest of this outdated, inept coaching staff.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yes, Columbo needs help...to be shown where the door is so he can be tossed out with the rest of this outdated, inept coaching staff.
I cannot pinpoint why the OL cratered so badly in 2019.

Columbo was certainly an improvement over Alexander.

But I never thought he was the answer at OL coach. I thought in the off season they would find an OL coach and move Columbo back to assistant for more experience.

But like Moore at OC, this team seems to prefer unproven coaches over proven at times.

These two assistant coaches contributed heavily to those team areas failed in 2019.

exciter

Reaction score
How much help did he give Bennett, jarwin or schulze (sp)? Did his leadership inspire the 2019 cowboys? Let him earn his degree somewhere else first at the very least.
Right, he was notorious for not wanting to deal with what he deemed as immaturity or help up and coming players while playing. Why would he want to do so afterwards.