Jason Witten Watch

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten proving he still belongs in this league and embarrassing our front office.

11 receptions
57 yards
5.7 YPC
2 TDs
Through 11 games that is all he has done? One catch per game? Considering his pay as a Cowboy, it was definitely time to cut him.

Meanwhile on America's Team their TE's ypc are:
Schultz - 9.8
Bell - 11.4

I'm guessing their salary cap hit is FAR less than JWit's.

If JWit is proving anything it's that by catching 1 pass per game, he is hanging on to his past accomplishments to get a NFL paycheck.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Through 11 games that is all he has done? One catch per game? Considering his pay as a Cowboy, it was definitely time to cut him.

Schultz - 9.8
Bell - 11.4

If JWit is proving anything it's that by catching 1 pass per game, he is hanging on to his past accomplishments to get a NFL paycheck.

Witten should have been cut 2-3 seasons ago but Jerry & Jason fell in love with Witten’s legacy. Say what you want about Fat Mike, but he came in and saw Jason for what he was at this point in his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How would one know that without giving someone some playing time?
Personally I wouldn’t. But this team saw all of them in camp and determined none of them were the complete tight end that Witten was. I don’t agree with it but that’s what they determined.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Schultz - 9.8
Bell - 11.4

Witten is a situational tight end. A backup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Witten should have been cut 2-3 seasons ago but Jerry & Jason fell in love with Witten’s legacy. Say what you want about Fat Mike, but he came in and saw Jason for what he was at this point in his career.
not true. we tried draftig his replacement several years in a row. they just didn't pan out Cowboys wanted to get rid of witten several years before...

and despite all of that...he was one of the greatest cowboys to ever wear the uniform and sure fire first ballot HOFer....why diss him at the end of his career!!! what did he do to you? he is not even on the cowboys...

and why diss Witten even if he was bad his last few years...your displaced anger should be towards jerry jones.....Jones could have said, no, we are moving on and not resign him.....

cern

Reaction score
not true. we tried draftig his replacement several years in a row. they just didn't pan out Cowboys wanted to get rid of witten several years before...

and despite all of that...he was one of the greatest cowboys to ever wear the uniform and sure fire first ballot HOFer....why diss him at the end of his career!!! what did he do to you? he is not even on the cowboys...

and why diss Witten even if he was bad his last few years...your displaced anger should be towards jerry jones.....Jones could have said, no, we are moving on and not resign him.....
Garrett simply refused to play any te not named witten.

cern

Reaction score
I'll mention no names, but there's some good spirited repartee going on. :)

Sydla

Reaction score
Witten, unfortunately, was an example of how this organization can get caught up in loyalty, especially when you are a personal fave of the owner. Garrett was the same kind of thinking. Witten was a stud here, a hall of famer. But at the end, he was just another guy and we hung onto him too long. Garrett should have been zipped long before he eventually left. There was no reason for Witten to log as many snaps as he did last year when the Cowboys should have been giving snaps to Jarwin.

Garrett was even more obvious loyalty - Jerry didn't actually fire him, he just let the contract expire. Which, IMO, cost him a chance to make a splash hire, bring in some fresh blood like a Matt Rhule type. Instead, we got re-tread McCarthy (who deserves another season IMO before talking about crap canning him).

Kaiser

Reaction score
you are one of the worst tasteless disrespectful fans ive ever come across.. that hard but you are #1 on the horrible fan list..troll

Small edit but you should add "stalker" and "loser" to that list. Thanks in advance.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Schultz - 9.8
Bell - 11.4

Well..

Give credit where it is due.

Big Mickey would not hire him as a coach nor as a player.

So we actually made a good decision.

I think that was the point of the thread, no?

Of course we then sign Clinton Dix and McCoy and Poe and cut them before they either play a down..

or we keep Poe and watch him disappear then cut him.

Total waste of money.

Totally blown coaching,too.

If we only had Dez back..see ya Tuesday Dez. Please don't get too much revenge on National TV.

Some of us Still love ya..

Last edited: