Jaws: Deep Ball passing 2018 playoff QBs

Blake

Reaction score
Ya Dak is a Franchise QB lol......stat magic to deceive the eye's...

MUS-FAPC1114_850.jpg

Remember when you used to have some semblance of credibility?

Yea. Me neither.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
this still leaves out a lot of factors, who is it being thrown on? whos the reciever? what kind of catches, heck Blake saved Dak on a few and im sure others have done it for their qbs. Does the WR have good hands? so much is left out. some qbs have bad cbs in their divisions and can throw it all day on some teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
This adds some perspective, and is not suprising.

Where didyou find this?

NFL site under statistics. It is also interesting to note that Prescott outplayed Matt Stafford this year and got paid 10,000 times less.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So Dak was 21st in the league on attempts of over 20 yards.
But on the occassion that he did throw it 20 or more yards, he was more successful than most

lukin2006

Reaction score
I eased my criticism of Dak when in an interview Parcell's said Dak was a good QB, I doubt Parcell's is the type who would sugar coat something.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak throws deep about as much as Romo did....Of course around here Romo's a 1st ballot HOFer but Romo didn't get blasted for this...personally I think a lot of it is the scheme in general.
So I looked it up out of curiousity.

Dont want to get into an argument on who we think is better. Waste of time and torpedos the thread.

But Romo went deep WAY more than Dak, as most would expect..
Dak is generally in 20-25th range in the league.
Romo ranged from 3rd to 10th or so depending on the year. Almost always near the top 5-6 in deep ballpassers.

Dak averages about 38 deep attempts per year. Romo went deep very often in the 50s, and even over 60 times one year. 30-50% more

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Dont want to get into an argument on who we think is better. Waste of time and torpedos the thread.

Romo ranged from 3rd to 10th or so depending on the year. Almost always near the top 5-6 in deep ballpassers.

Dak averages about 38 deep attempts per year. Romo went deep very often in the 50s, and even over 60 times one year. 30-50% more
Romo stabs point to 2014 to prove he waS a HOFer...I’m curious to what those stats look like.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Dak throws deep about as much as Romo did....Of course around here Romo's a 1st ballot HOFer but Romo didn't get blasted for this...personally I think a lot of it is the scheme in general.
Ah what? Show the data. I am quite sure Romo threw deep significantly more often than Dak.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Are these stats for this season or career? To put the numbers a little more into perspective, how many did they attempt? If it's for this season alone then these stats are misleading. Like when comparing Foles to Mahomes using this statistic.

Brees -58
Wilson -47
Prescott -39
Foles -14
Mahomes -75
Brady -53
Rivers -60
Wentz -37
Flacco -29
You do realize the cowboys are a run first offense . Dak probably has a 100+ less throws than some of the QBs on that list.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Dak Prescott had 53 attempts over 20+ air yards..
Brees 50
Brady 56
Rivers 53
Goff 55
Mahomes 85 (Most in NFL)
Wilson 59
Watson 54
Luck 67
Wentz 43
Foles 17
Trubisky 63

Idiot Dak haters will try to say he only threw it 3 times. He has almost the same attempts as hall of gamers Brees Brady and rivers yet still has a better passer than every single quarterback In The nfl except Wilson and drew.

Little Jr

Reaction score

Overall air yds Romo ranked 3-10 but I believe when it came to how often he threw 20+ yds he didn't that much more than Dak. I believe someone posted one time and it about 1% more than Dak did. Might have been before the season so it could've changed now. I could be wrong though. @percyhoward might would know