Jaxson Smith Njigba wants to be a Cowboy

Mr_437

Reaction score
I’d rather get a speed/technician type
I agree, JSN is a very good WR, but the Cowboys (Dak) needs some serious juice at WR. So many fast, quick WRs available in this draft, that could provide a target similar to when Cole Beasley was at his prime.

cowboyec

Reaction score
love the player.
wouldn't hate this pick at all.
i'm hope'n for a de or dt...but this buckeye is a helluva good receiver.
in the end...i don't care about positions.
just gimmie a helluva player at whatever he does.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
love the player.
wouldn't hate this pick at all.
i'm hope'n for a de or dt...but this buckeye is a helluva good receiver.
in the end...i don't care about positions.
just gimmie a helluva player at whatever he does.
Good way too look at it

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think there is alot of potential value there. In 2021 he was considerably a better prospect than Wilson and Olave. You could be buying low on him if we get him at our pick. The big challenge with adding JSN is not playing Lamb in the slot as much as they do
I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder Willie.

He had an insane 2021 though. Crazy to think he racked up 30 receptions for 587 yards and 4 TDs in just two games (Nebraska and Utah).

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder Willie.

He had an insane 2021 though. Crazy to think he racked up 30 receptions for 587 yards and 4 TDs in just two games (Nebraska and Utah).
Nope, but he’ll get over drafted as one.

I could see him running a 4.55 and as a likely slot only guy maybe he falls a bit.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
please no... another slow slot receiver isn't progress it's more of the same. give me some speed. I'm tired of the inured recreation projects. Give me more of the BPA CD Lamb types.

cnuball21

Reaction score
please no... another slow slot receiver isn't progress it's more of the same. give me some speed. I'm tired of the inured recreation projects. Give me more of the BPA CD Lamb types.
I’m lukewarm on JSN. Right now my gut says he’s gonna run a 4.55+ and be a mediocre tester. If that’s the case See him more as a 2nd rounder. We’re picking bottom of the 1st so it’d be a meh pick for me.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Trenches in the 1st for me. I do like him a lot though, but Tank Dell can be just as productive in the slot, and can take the top off the field.

tm1119

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how he’s evaluated. 2021 he looked like a guy that should probably be the #1 WR prospect in this class…but his college production outside of that 1 season is 15 catches for 92 yards. Honestly not sure what to make of that or how much risk is involved

cnuball21

Reaction score
You wouldnt want a Keenan Allen type?

Im putting CD on the outside and JSN in the slot and thriving
Keenan Allen wins outside. My only problem with JSN is Lamb plays slot like 40%ish of the time and kills it.

Almost all of JSNs tape is slot. For a 1st round WR it’s just tough for me to have a big question mark of him being able to win on the outside.

Dude is a great route runner and knows how to finish though. I’m just not certain he’s a great fit for us considering Lamb runs from the slot at a high clip in our 3WR sets.

If Lamb stayed outside more JSN would be a no brainer for me.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think JSN has to show us what he’s got from a workout standpoint. I really like the player. Tremendous hands and runs great routes. Strong. But he operated almost exclusively from the slot. I’m not sure if he’s a fit for what we’re looking for but I just hope the Giants don’t wind up with him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Keenan Allen wins outside. My only problem with JSN is Lamb plays slot like 40%ish of the time and kills it.

Almost all of JSNs tape is slot. For a 1st round WR it’s just tough for me to have a big question mark of him being able to win on the outside.

Dude is a great route runner and knows how to finish though. I’m just not certain he’s a great fit for us considering Lamb runs from the slot at a high clip in our 3WR sets.

This is the biggest issue I see with majority of the class, most are best as slot receivers, but we already use Lamb

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This is the biggest issue I see with majority of the class, most are best as slot receivers, but we already use Lamb
And I thin the team will see that as well. If you want a potential impact guy it’s OBJ. Obviously cost and health are things to consider. We know that we’ve been teased with the possibility but we’ll see what Jerry does in the off-season .

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like JSN, just don't know if I like him for the Cowboys.

The dude just gleams with polish. He breaks CBs' ankles on his routes, he finds holes in zones, he works back towards his QB and bails him out on bad throws, he blocks on screens... honestly, he looks like an NFL vet already. Dude only had 1 year experience in college, I get that, but he's so fundamentally sound that I wouldn't worry.

His main problem is that he's a one-gear player. When OSU threw to Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave, there was such an obvious difference in explosion. JSN is simply not that big and not that fast. I would almost say he's on the CeeDee Lamb spectrum, with CeeDee's marginal height/weight/speed and natural feel as a receiver. But Lamb always had an element of dynamism to his game at Oklahoma, with insane 1 handed catches and big YAC plays. JSN just never really takes it out of second gear.

I think he's a slot only in the pros. He's got good football player written all over him, and IMO there is zero chance he sucks in the pros, so I couldn't hate a JSN pick. But we've seen for a couple years how having a WR corps of nothing but medium-build 4.5 guys can really limit what we do on offense.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Put Ceedee on the outside

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Here's a play that sums up Nijigba really well. Great release, great break on the hitch, but then Joey Porter Jr. runs him down from the far sideline.

PLlniG2.gif