Jay Ajayi

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh for sure, I would too. But the last thing any of us expected last year was for Garrett and Linehan, of all possible combos, to use a power running game to propel the team to 12 wins

My point is, that's what worked for them last year. Maybe they feel something will work even better this year? Not sure. Likely, Garrett will just try to replicate his success, but like I said, I had no idea what was gonna happen last year

I agree. In order to believe what Alexander is saying you have to believe DeMarco Murray was the key component in our run game success last year and I do not believe that. He was here for years. He only became a 1800 yard back when this OL arrived.

We don't have to have a reincarnation of Murray to run the ball well and if I can get a back who doesn't look like he was hit with a tranquilizer dart in the open field I'm taking that player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you x. No he isn't a run over you type runner but he is an explode thru the hole type. He has really good balance and better vision than Murray ever had. He isn't afraid to hit the hole knowing he's gonna get crushed but he does always look for the crease to get more yards which isn't something we've had here for awhile. Good hands .. not great and a decent blocker at this stage who will get better. The thing that wows me about him tho is his burst thru the whole and his ability to keep his feet when he gets hit at weird angles. Watch his game against Arizona last year. when he was going down it was against multiple defenders and usually in the backfield. He's not Gurley but I wouldn't be upset about getting him.

I just want a guy that isn't going to leave yards on the field. A do it all RB.

Murray, for as good and as productive as he was, he left a lot of big runs out there.

Im afraid of Ajayi doing the same thing.

I agree with Alexander about homerun hitters. They are overrated coming out of college. But if Im drafting a back because he is a tough runner i'd like to see more tough runs then what I saw from Ajayi.

I admit he is good at everything but he isn't great at anything.

With that said... He could develop into a big power back.