Jay Ajayi

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What is with all of the hype around this guy?

He looks completely average.

Is he supposed to be some kind of power back? Because he doesn't run with much power, speed, or anything.

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
I agree. Not a fan at all. He dances way too much. If something isn't there, he bounces outside every time.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
He's got a ton of mileage on him, ball security issues, inexperience in pass pro and had a pedestrian 5.3 ypc against questionable competition last year. So, yeah, I'm wondering why people have a second round grade on him myself.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's got a ton of mileage on him, ball security issues, inexperience in pass pro and had a pedestrian 5.3 ypc against questionable competition last year. So, yeah, I'm wondering why people have a second round grade on him myself.

Because he has cool hair maybe? I don't know.

Im just youtube scouting and I've been wrong before about guys. I've seen guys like Hitchens looking completely jaggy and look fast and athletic in the pros.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Because he has cool hair maybe? I don't know.

Im just youtube scouting and I've been wrong before about guys. I've seen guys like Hitchens looking completely jaggy and look fast and athletic in the pros.

Watch him vs Colorado st or the first half against Arizona. He definitely has a lot of mileage on him, because he was their whole offense. I think he shows good speed and power, has quick feet too.

People rip him because he bounces it outside too much, but he cant help it the inside of his line is blown up quite often.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bob strum on Ajayi-http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2015/02/2015-nfl-draft-profile-jay-ajayi-rb-boise-state.html/

he is not perfect but he put up great numbers behind a sub par oline.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Biggest bust in this draft. A big lazy *** who likes to joke around. Complete opposite of Murray. Over hyped and I don't wanna ride the JTrain.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I saw three games last season. Honestly, I think he can be DeMarco Murray without the injuries. Three down back, excellent catching out of the backfield. Could use some work with ball security.

DeMarco Murray production at a second round salary for the next four years seems like a great return on investment to me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I saw three games last season. Honestly, I think he can be DeMarco Murray without the injuries. Three down back, excellent catching out of the backfield. Could use some work with ball security.

DeMarco Murray production at a second round salary for the next four years seems like a great return on investment to me.

I just don't see a Murray comparison at all.

I think Murray is a quality player but at the same time his vision is so bad that I think he is way overhyped.

With that said i'd take Murray 100 times out of a 100 over Ajayi.

I'd rather give McFadden, Ryan Williams, or Randle an opportunity because they all look like better players then Ajayi imo.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I just don't see a Murray comparison at all.

I think Murray is a quality player but at the same time his vision is so bad that I think he is way overhyped.

With that said i'd take Murray 100 times out of a 100 over Ajayi.

I'd rather give McFadden, Ryan Williams, or Randle an opportunity because they all look like better players then Ajayi imo.

Have you watched his games?

I would add that his downfield vision appears much better than Murrays, but on the downside he is not as good at blocking in pass protection. He seems to recognize it well enough, but he does not wall off his defender as well. I think that it is correctable at the NFL level with some work.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think he's a good player... maybe really good. However, I've been wrong before.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He is also a local kid and a cowboys fan,we have success with those guys recently.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Hoping the J Train stops somewhere before or after 27th Street. Didn't see much in the guy in any of the tapes I've watched. Not saying he won't develop into someone special, but I don't see it now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Have you watched his games?

I would add that his downfield vision appears much better than Murrays, but on the downside he is not as good at blocking in pass protection. He seems to recognize it well enough, but he does not wall off his defender as well. I think that it is correctable at the NFL level with some work.

If his vision is slightly above poor then it's better then Murrays.

What makes Murray great is his stamina and ability to impose his will on a defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hoping the J Train stops somewhere before or after 27th Street. Didn't see much in the guy in any of the tapes I've watched. Not saying he won't develop into someone special, but I don't see it now.

That's what i'm saying..

What is he so good at?

He doesn't look like a difference maker at all. Just average all the way around.

Power? No. Explosive? No. Great vision? Not really. Finishes runs? Nope.

He looks like Marion Barber but plays nothing like him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That's what i'm saying..

What is he so good at?

He doesn't look like a difference maker at all. Just average all the way around.

He looks like Marion Barber but plays nothing like him.

Yup........He sucks(sarcasm):lmao:

Can we please sticky this?

Sorry Catch....but your missing on this one. I haven't missed a single one of his games. The kid is a stud. And if Dallas takes him in round #1...I've got no problem

with it...:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yup........He sucks(sarcasm):lmao:

Can we please sticky this?

Sorry Catch....but your missing on this one. I haven't missed a single one of his games. The kid is a stud. And if Dallas takes him in round #1...I've got no problem

with it...:thumbup:

So what is he good at?

If he plays in a big conference are we even discussing this guy?

With the lack of physicality he plays with I doubt we are.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

There is one "special" back, maybe two. Gurley and Gordon.

Everyone else has holes, no question.

Ajayi is a chain mover. He is productive. He was not the first RB in FBS history with 1,800 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving in one year by being a stiff.

In a run based offense you need a back who can get the yards, the "dirty" yards consistently. The "home run hitter" or shifty back need not apply.

In a dead heat between he and Coleman to be that type of RB, his pass catching ability is the tie breaker for me.