News: Jay Glazer reveals some exciting details about Aldon Smith

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this might of been a great move considering the low risk and connection with Tomsula!

From article: Physically, we trained him at Unbreakable Performance and got him up to about 287 pounds, completely rocked up, solid as can be, very low body fat. He has trained his butt off. His conditioning is great. I think he played at 260. We got him to 287. He is just freaking monstrous. We do this hand-fighting drill, me and the guys. We had him on these resistance cords connected to the wall on a machine called the Raptor. I’ve had a ton of guys on it — big huge guys, monsters. Smith ripped it off the wall, doing hand-fighting and exploding off the line. No one has ever done that. He is an absolute freak of nature

Read on

CWR

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this might of been a great move considering the low risk and connection with Tomsula!

Read on

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that. I really hope it works out for this young man. It sounds like he is in a good place mentally. Physically hes an absolute beast. Hes bigger than I heard. I was listening to either Locked on Cowboys or BTB and they had him at something crazy like 275 and 6% body fat. Hopefully it translates and he can get into football shape quickly.

Its a damn shame about military vets. We are failing them and need to find more assistance and solutions.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Read on
I don't know what to think. That's not to say I'm not anxious to see how it goes, but too much time has passed since he played to feel a lot of confidence. I do, however, think the very low risk is worth the potential reward, even if reaping the reward is a long shot.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

From article: Physically, we trained him at Unbreakable Performance and got him up to about 287 pounds, completely rocked up, solid as can be, very low body fat. He has trained his butt off. His conditioning is great. I think he played at 260. We got him to 287. He is just freaking monstrous. We do this hand-fighting drill, me and the guys. We had him on these resistance cords connected to the wall on a machine called the Raptor. I’ve had a ton of guys on it — big huge guys, monsters. Smith ripped it off the wall, doing hand-fighting and exploding off the line. No one has ever done that. He is an absolute freak of nature

Read on
I have a feeling he is going to explode this season and many are going to regret not signing him. I'm not saying 19 sacks but 10-12 is very doable. I also think him and Gregory will help each other and will lock the RE position down this season....... granted both still need to be reinstated first.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think it moved
source.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't know what to think. That's not to say I'm not anxious to see how it goes, but too much time has passed since he played to feel a lot of confidence. I do, however, think the very low risk is worth the potential reward, even if reaping the reward is a long shot.

Same here, the bottom line is there is no downside to signing him. You always take the offseason reports with a grain of salt and I can't remember a player with a four year offseason, but last year Quinn was pretty one dimensional at RDE as a pass rusher. If Smith is half of what he was at his peak - forget about this added 30 pounds - he will give you what Quinn did at half the salary.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I can see him starting out on fire, and then wham some sort of 6-8 week injury. Hasn't played in years, no real off season in Football...let alone in the year 2020 it's even more cloudy for guys to get into shape.

ESisback

Reaction score

Read on

Sounds great! Of course, I can’t help thinking...if he can make the Cowboys truly dangerous, there are plenty of people who will want to keep him off the field. They’ll lobby (discreetly AND indiscreetly), and try to influence Goodell’s decision. Wouldn’t surprise me if they drag out Smith’s reinstatement as long as possible.

batman36

Reaction score
Sounds great! Of course, I can’t help thinking...if he can make the Cowboys truly dangerous, there are plenty of people who will want to keep him off the field. They’ll lobby (discreetly AND indiscreetly), and try to influence Goodell’s decision. Wouldn’t surprise me if they drag out Smith’s reinstatement as long as possible.

The "dragging it out" part has occurred to me as well. Best-case-scenario: Get re-enstated, then sign with the Cowboys.

ultron

Reaction score
If he plays as well as Rolando McClain played for us when we picked him up off the streets then it’ll be massive for us!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Read on
:thumbup:

I think you are right!