Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

clskinsfan

Reaction score
From a Skins errrr Washington football fans perspective. IMO you all dont appreciate Dak enough. The guy is a good QB. Would I take Daniels over him right now? Yes. But only because he is young and will hopefully develop even further from here. Plus he's on a rookie contract. Our games will be very close games. Because our defense is a sieve. Probably one of the worst secondary's in the history of the NFCE. This season for us Skins fans is about the development of Daniels. Thats it. We are not a playoff team. We are not a threat for anything this year. And I expect Dallas to beat us at least once.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We're three games in and some fans are already fitting Daniels for his Hall of Fame jacket.

Daniels is not better than Dak. He is not better than Hurts or any number of QB's, for that matter. The kid has played 12 quarters of NFL football.

To say otherwise is the definition of reactionary. Bad games are ahead for Daniels. It happens to them all. Remember what people were saying about Dak during his rookie year before he became the scapegoat for three decades of failure in Dallas.

J_Allen

Reaction score
wait. how is he better? he had 0-4 in playoffs.....that's right. ZERO wins. he is 0-13 in must win games (win or go home) in his career. yeah...Andy Dalton.
And you think Dak is much better?

It's the people around him, remember? And the defense. He can't play defense.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Much more talented and dynamic. Best of all he’s on a rookie contract. The Commanders are in a much better position than the Cowboys going forward. Congrats to Dan Quinn.
No **** he is better. The man has a Heisman trophy, a national title, and he was the number 2 pick in the draft. Of course he is better.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels has a coach who calls a modern offense. CJ Stroud has an innovative coach who calls a modern offense.

Dak has never had that at the NFL level. Not even close.

Not saying Dak is better than Stroud or Jayden, but he's been square pegged, round holed his whole NFL career with the likes of Jason Garrett (out of the NFL), Scott Linehan (out of the NFL), Kellen Moore (let go twice in two years), and Mike McCarthy (about to be out of the NFL).

All comes back full circles to Jed Clampett.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We're three games in and some fans are already fitting Daniels for his Hall of Fame jacket.

Daniels is not better than Dak. He is not better than Hurts or any number of QB's, for that matter. The kid has played 12 quarters of NFL football.

To say otherwise is the definition of reactionary. Bad games are ahead for Daniels. It happens to them all. Remember what people were saying about Dak during his rookie year before he became the scapegoat for three decades of failure in Dallas.

I've seen comments saying that he is better than Dak, Hurts, Lamar Jackson etc..... It could be that he ends up being a very good QB who makes the Commanders playoff contenders for many years to come.

But as I said the NFL media and fanbase has a tendency to crown QBs after just one good year or even just a few good games into their first season in the NFL. The crowning of Daniels is heightened by the Commanders being terrible at the QB position for so long. Which would also explain how some were quick to get excited about Sam Howell and even Heinike to some extent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Aikman had more playoff wins in a season than Mr 60 million dollars a year. But hey I know it's everyone else's fault but his.
hmmm, I don't think its fair to compare aikman and to Dak. its not fair to Aikman. #1 over all pick. can't miss prospect. sure HOFer as his draft profile said.

and salaries are what they are. they keep going up. there was a time, $1M/year was considered ground breaking salary...now, its chump change.

and where did I say Dak bears no fault? you Dak haters tend to be so black and white about everything. you either have to incessantly, constantly and 24x7 criticize Dak, else you are a supporter...

J_Allen

Reaction score
hmmm, I don't think its fair to compare aikman and to Dak. its not fair to Aikman. #1 over all pick. can't miss prospect. sure HOFer as his draft profile said.

and salaries are what they are. they keep going up. there was a time, $1M/year was considered ground breaking salary...now, its chump change.

and where did I say Dak bears no fault? you Dak haters tend to be so black and white about everything. you either have to incessantly, constantly and 24x7 criticize Dak, else you are a supporter...
There have been plenty of number one pics who were deemed to be "can't miss prospects" who ended up playing like Dak does in the playoffs. I don't understand your point.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There have been plenty of number one pics who were deemed to be "can't miss prospects" who ended up playing like Dak does in the playoffs. I don't understand your point.
well, that's draft, but Aikman was consensus among all scouts to be the guy...

now there have been #1 picks who teams picked reluctantly, because it was best available in the lot that year....

but Aikman was good in college and in the pros. tough SOB.

J_Allen

Reaction score
well, that's draft, but Aikman was consensus among all scouts to be the guy...

now there have been #1 picks who teams picked reluctantly, because it was best available in the lot that year....

but Aikman was good in college and in the pros. tough SOB.
Ryan Leaf was too and so was JaMarcus Russell. David Carr also looked like a can't miss Prospect. I'm forgetting a lot of people.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ryan Leaf was too and so was JaMarcus Russell. David Carr also looked like a can't miss Prospect. I'm forgetting a lot of people.
actually both of them had question marks. specially Russell. Carr had question marks as well.

so they were question marks about all of the above and they all failed in NFL.....

btw, Russell was picked by a lunatic AL Davis because he liked his arm. actual QB play be damned. he also picked the WR from maryland projected to be a 5th rounder at best, because of his speed and picked a kicker in the first round.