Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
not to mention the presnap penalties. Dak had a few throws he was off target with that may have helped his cause but our fanbase is pretty clueless. Dak makes $$$= WE MUST BLAME HIM or i didn't want him extended = EVERYTHING IS ON DAK
Some of these guys just pretend to be stupid because they have an agenda. A lot of these guys had him on a different team and this is how they cope.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I'm not putting our loss on the shoulders of Dak Prescott, but we have to look at this even keeled as well. The Cowboys offensive 1st half went:

7 plays 13 yards - Punt
7 plays 24 yards - FG
7 plays 60 yards - Fumble (Good series from Dak)
3 plays 0 yards - Punt
6 plays 21 yards - Punt
3 plays 37 yards - FG

Commanders offense first half:

10 plays 70 yards - Touchdown
7 plays 62 yards - Touchdown
6 plays 75 yards - Touchdown

The defense in Dallas is 100% the primary issue, but lets not pretend like the Cowboys offense (Dak included) is pulling their weight. We at least have signs of life from the Cowboys offense, but 3 games in and we are yet to see them perform in both halves. Dismissing the Cowboys offensive woes is like being focused on the flood in your house, but ignoring the hole in the roof.
Cowboys offense is starting off slow just like last year. Difference is.....defense has never started out this slow and I'm afraid this isn't slow this is who they are. This is what the Cowboys defense looks like without Quinn. People underrated his departure because of the collapse against Green Bay.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
that don't mean squat. Jerry hasn't been prevented from building a team. He just refuses to do it the right way. Dak isn't responsible for either of our 2 losses or at least he's down the list. You fans are the type of no nothing fans that equate $$ to being able to carry the other side of the ball.

Can he improve sure but patrick mahomes would have lost the first 2 games we lost this year. it takes 11 its a team game and i dont care how much $$ he makes its not my dough.
Jerry refuses to build a team the right way? I hate using arguments from popularity, but was pretty much consensus among fans, experts, analysts and our competition that we had talent. People thought Belichick was blowing smoke praising our team and then we went out and crushed his team...so great, experienced coaches coveted the talent, facilities and support this team provides. We've drafted better than any team except maybe KC and the Ravens...and even then I would say Mahomes makes their picks look better. There's just no world in which your premise has been true the last 10 years with Dak. The man started off with a team that was loaded and last year had a defense that led the league 3 years in a row in turnovers. He's had #1 WRs most of his tenure. A HOF tight end to start out with and we seem to draft 3 tight ends every year "just in case" Dak needs another target. The only position you do have a point with is RB, but Dak erased that argument by taking all the money. He's always had at least 2 or 3 ALL PRO linemen in front of him.

What universe are you living in where Dak has been "surrounded by trash"? (Shoutout to Emmitt)

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
1st 3 Qtrs. He had plenty of chances.

Punt
FG (where's the 4th qtr play? settling for FG's, he gets paid $60 million Bubba)
Fumble (not his fault)
Punt
Punt
FG again
Punt
Downs

THEN after the Ravens were laughing/joking on the sidelines

TD
TD
TD
EMPTY CALORIE DAK.

I am so over Empty Calorie Dak...he did this against GB too. He didn't do it against the Saints...shocker. Guess he saved all those empty calories for this game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yahhh!
but let me guess you equate wins and losses to the QB? Or just to a dollar amount? Never mind looking at your name if my memory serves me right you havent like him since he was on his rookie contract so how much he makes probably don't matter to you at least your consistent.
Nope ..... I am just saying that if Dak almost one that last game ...... Mahomes definitely would have because he is much much better than Dak.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels has a coach who calls a modern offense. CJ Stroud has an innovative coach who calls a modern offense.

Dak has never had that at the NFL level. Not even close.

Not saying Dak is better than Stroud or Jayden, but he's been square pegged, round holed his whole NFL career with the likes of Jason Garrett (out of the NFL), Scott Linehan (out of the NFL), Kellen Moore (let go twice in two years), and Mike McCarthy (about to be out of the NFL).
Maybe Jerry should work on trading our coaches.
He had a lot of people sold on Boy Genius 1 and Boy Genius 2.
Too bad we didn't covert them into draft picks.

starfan1

Reaction score
Some of these guys just pretend to be stupid because they have an agenda. A lot of these guys had him on a different team and this is how they cope.
No i dont think they are pretending. I think they actually believe their gibberish. ya I think its quite funny actually . They spent the entire offseason telling us that and making this place less enjoyable. Thats why I just sit back and smile and enjoy how they cope with it

Having said that I would have been ok if they let him walk as well. But being on this site and other dallas sites I have never seen a QB get so heavily scrutinized for every single flaw in the team, every throw, every loss when its much bigger than that. Game threads have been a joke for years.

Now some of that is frustration over many years but to root for your favorite team to lose I just cant fathom.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
not to mention the presnap penalties. Dak had a few throws he was off target with that may have helped his cause but our fanbase is pretty clueless. Dak makes $$$= WE MUST BLAME HIM or i didn't want him extended = EVERYTHING IS ON DAK
most of this throws have been off target. The receivers are saving him. He's getting Cooks KILLED with routine throws that are high and late.

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope ..... I am just saying that if Dak almost one that last game ...... Mahomes definitely would have because he is much much better than Dak.
so if Mahomes threw it lamb wouldn't have fumbled it? Or Ferguson wouldn't have been called for holding? Guy ton wouldn't have had held.Or the presnap penalties? When you play behind the chains in the league you pay for it. Ive also seen Magic man Mahomes make bad throws with the exception of the screen to Elliott I haven't seen him make one that pathetic

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Cowboys offense is starting off slow just like last year. Difference is.....defense has never started out this slow and I'm afraid this isn't slow this is who they are. This is what the Cowboys defense looks like without Quinn. People underrated his departure because of the collapse against Green Bay.
All that may very well be true, I think you have some good points there, but the offensive performances so far simply havent been good and the defensive struggles nor them typically starting slow is a very good excuse IMO. I certainly dont view Dak as a bad QB, but I do worry about this side of the ball playing consistently good football with how shaky every other position group is outside of TE.

I also get that a lot of this pro Dak talk is just to combat the extreme anti Dak talk, but that doesnt make it right either. I just get tired of the narrative based posts anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No i dont think they are pretending. I think they actually believe their gibberish. ya I think its quite funny actually . They spent the entire offseason telling us that and making this place less enjoyable. Thats why I just sit back and smile and enjoy how they cope with it

Having said that I would have been ok if they let him walk as well. But being on this site and other dallas sites I have never seen a QB get so heavily scrutinized for every single flaw in the team, every throw, every loss when its much bigger than that. Game threads have been a joke for years.

Now some of that is frustration over many years but to root for your favorite team to lose I just cant fathom.
I know a lot of these guys are opposing team fans. I've called them out. When your posts are all 100% negative....never a positive thing to say and when we win you disappear? This is a clear tactic of a fan of another team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All that may very well be true, I think you have some good points there, but the offensive performances so far simply havent been good and the defensive struggles nor them typically starting slow is a very good excuse IMO. I certainly dont view Dak as a bad QB, but I do worry about this side of the ball playing consistently good football with how shaky every other position group is outside of TE.

I also get that a lot of this pro Dak talk is just to combat the extreme anti Dak talk, but that doesnt make it right either. I just get tired of the narrative based posts anymore.
It's not an excuse it's just reality. Cowboys and a lot of team typically start off slow. It's been some piss poor offense through these 3 weeks. I'm watching Burrow and the Bengals struggle and they have two number 1 receivers.

That doesn't mean you don't hold the offense accountable. The offense is gonna suck. I'm just gonna call it now. I Don't know how to have a good offense when teams dont respect your run game. And I don't know how to have a good defense when no one respects your rush defense. I honestly don't know.

No one is being real here. Everyone is posting agenda based. Not everyone specifically but a big majority.

IN reality?

We are 1-2 and are still right where we need to be.
There's time for this offense to get going.
There's time for the defense to find themselves.

ITs far too early to overreact.

But this isn't the land of being sensible and realistic. It's being sarcastic, hyperbolic and "I told you so's". Then you have those who are upset that Dak got signed after saying all off season he wouldn't so now its about agenda based posts.

There's no real football discussions going on. Just crap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BS now I will say this year his arm looks weaker not sure whats going on there.
Doesn't look confident in his throws at all. Not sure if it's the offensive line or what but I don't see confidence which is why I Don't know why they don't do more uptempo stuff or motion...it's just a ridiculous looking offense. I'd say McCarthy is holding things back but there's no smart argument for why he'd do that.

starfan1

Reaction score
Doesn't look confident in his throws at all. Not sure if it's the offensive line or what but I don't see confidence which is why I Don't know why they don't do more uptempo stuff or motion...it's just a ridiculous looking offense. I'd say McCarthy is holding things back but there's no smart argument for why he'd do that.
certainly looked better in the hurry up

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
certainly looked better in the hurry up
Yeah people are crediting it to "prevent defense" which btw, that is not what prevent defense looks like....I think it had more to do with the pace. Up the tempo. You have to get creative which is crazy that upping the tempo is considered getting creative....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
1st 3 Qtrs. He had plenty of chances.

Punt
FG (where's the 4th qtr play? settling for FG's, he gets paid $60 million Bubba)
Fumble (not his fault)
Punt
Punt
FG again
Punt
Downs

THEN after the Ravens were laughing/joking on the sidelines

TD
TD
TD
You’re one of those that keeps pointing the finger at Dak. He never gave up and brought us back despite our historically bad defense being bullied all day. He put us in position to score earlier in the game and CeeDee fumbled. CeeDee then dropped a pass. Dak put us in position to win the game, but our defense couldn’t get Baltimore off the field in the final 2 minutes. Had we been stuck with an average QB we would have lost by 30+. Don’t bother replying to me about Dak anymore. If you want to have a discussion, find another topic.