Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

starfan1

Reaction score
Yeah people are crediting it to "prevent defense" which btw, that is not what prevent defense looks like....I think it had more to do with the pace. Up the tempo. You have to get creative which is crazy that upping the tempo is considered getting creative....
anyway to discredit the QB of the team they supposing like. Well see how they look against the giants. Of course he can look like Josh allen did last night it wont matter to them because its the giants

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I'm not putting our loss on the shoulders of Dak Prescott, but we have to look at this even keeled as well. The Cowboys offensive 1st half went:

7 plays 13 yards - Punt
7 plays 24 yards - FG
7 plays 60 yards - Fumble (Good series from Dak)
3 plays 0 yards - Punt
6 plays 21 yards - Punt
3 plays 37 yards - FG

Commanders offense first half:

10 plays 70 yards - Touchdown
7 plays 62 yards - Touchdown
6 plays 75 yards - Touchdown

The defense in Dallas is 100% the primary issue, but lets not pretend like the Cowboys offense (Dak included) is pulling their weight. We at least have signs of life from the Cowboys offense, but 3 games in and we are yet to see them perform in both halves. Dismissing the Cowboys offensive woes is like being focused on the flood in your house, but ignoring the hole in the roof.
We couldn’t run the ball. Washington had more than double the rushing yards we did and their defense wasn’t being destroyed on the ground. They have a better team and their players look motivated and energized. They look like a team that wants to win.

stiletto

Reaction score
anyway to discredit the QB of the team they supposing like. Well see how they look against the giants. Of course he can look like Josh allen did last night it wont matter to them because its the giants
Dak isn't our biggest problem right now obviously, but he does have some blame and he IS being paid like a Super-Star. He cannot go 3 quarters in a shootout and look mediocre. I get that CeeDee fumbed but they also had to punt several times and settle for FG's until the 4th qtr. That tells me the QB isn't playing "great" or like a Super star. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious.

stiletto

Reaction score
We couldn’t run the ball. Washington had more than double the rushing yards we did and their defense wasn’t being destroyed on the ground. They have a better team and their players look motivated and energized. They look like a team that wants to win.
LOL. You would never hold Dak accountable for anything would you? Is he not the leader of the Offense? I am not saying Dak is solely to blame but he played mediocre most of the game. It's fine to admit it, we got bigger problems than Dak because of the Defense. It might be the worst in the league.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And here we go with the "people who are tired of Dak's nonsense are not Cowboys fans" ......... right out of the rockport playbook.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope they won't care. Just win. Get to 2-2 and get back into the thick of things. Let's see what type of heart these guys have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL. You would never hold Dak accountable for anything would you? Is he not the leader of the Offense? I am not saying Dak is solely to blame but he played mediocre most of the game. It's fine to admit it, we got bigger problems than Dak because of the Defense. It might be the worst in the league.
I’ve held him accountable plenty of times. However, he didn’t play bad on Sunday…fact!

stiletto

Reaction score
I’ve held him accountable plenty of times. However, he didn’t play bad on Sunday…fact! He accounted for 21 of our points, passing and rushing.
You are giving him too much credit for that 4th quarter... he was mediocre up to the 4th quarter when the Ravens went into soft zone (while probably laughing how easy the game was). Like Six said, EMPTY CALORIES. You feel like the Emperor has Clothes because he threw TD's late and made the score close. It's flawed mentality. The game was never close and Dak didn't do much (like everyone else) 95% of the game.

Nav22

Reaction score
Because Jerry is an idiot, you know the same guy you fanboys blame for dumb personnel decisions when you want to absolve Dak for hus garbage play.

They think it was a good decision, because like Dak’s says, he’s getting paid for the brotherhood of NFL players.. they know his pay pushes the market upwards. Nobody thinks he’s the QB that deserves to be the highest paid player in the league.

And I’m pretty sure deep down, the opposition actually laughed too when Dak was paid that much, at least as far as from a competitive standpoint is concerned.
Hahahhahaahhahaa

So my "DURRR" quote mocking me was accurate? Beautiful.

I'm totally sure Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick have such low integrity that they'd blatantly lie about how they feel about a player, because they wanted to see Dak get paid.

Say, why have other QB extensions been criticized by the media??? Like Daniel Jones, for example?

"DURRRRR BECUZ DEY FORGOT ABOUT DA BROTHAHOOD!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

QBs do get ripped by opponents, Know-Nothing. It's not unheard of.

Say, why has Dak been ranked as a surefire top 10 QB by players, coaches, scouts and execs????

"DURRRRR BECUZ OF DA BROTHAHOOD!"

Remember when you tried arguing that 3.8 YPC is just as effective as 4.8 YPC? Yeah, sit this one out, Know-Nothing.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are giving him too much credit for that 4th quarter... he was mediocre up to the 4th quarter when the Ravens went into soft zone (while probably laughing how easy the game was). Like Six said, EMPTY CALORIES. You feel like the Emperor has Clothes because he threw TD's late and made the score close. It's flawed mentality. The game was never close and Dak didn't do much (like everyone else) 95% of the game.
Zzzzzz

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lets not pretend that Washington lit it up on the ground though. They averaged 3.4 YPC and their leading rusher was their QB. Jayden Daniels was simply fantastic last night, a legitimate blue label player from that film.

Plus Washington did give up 20 for 124 on the ground, they gave up 436 yards in total and averaged 7.3 yards per play allowed. The Cowboys gave up 412 yards in total at 5.9 yards per play. Its certainly not apples to apples comparison because one did more damage through the air vs the ground, but Washingtons defense didnt even force a punt all night.

That game was simply two QBs having a night.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lets not pretend that Washington lit it up on the ground though. They averaged 3.4 YPC and their leading rusher was their QB. Jayden Daniels was simply fantastic last night, a legitimate blue label player from that film.

Plus Washington did give up 20 for 124 on the ground, they gave up 436 yards in total and averaged 7.3 yards per play allowed. The Cowboys gave up 412 yards in total at 5.9 yards per play. Its certainly not apples to apples comparison because one did more damage through the air vs the ground, but Washingtons defense didnt even force a punt all night.

That game was simply two QBs having a night.
They still had some balance and their defense wasn’t being road graded. They didn’t allow the Bengals to control the ball. Burrow had to put the ball up 38 times. The last two QBs we faced, put the ball up 31 times combined.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak isn't our biggest problem right now obviously, but he does have some blame and he IS being paid like a Super-Star. He cannot go 3 quarters in a shootout and look mediocre. I get that CeeDee fumbed but they also had to punt several times and settle for FG's until the 4th qtr. That tells me the QB isn't playing "great" or like a Super star. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious.
I never said he doesnt bear some blame. there are passes he missed that could have sustained drives. But like you said there are other things that happen out of his control that led to FG's or being behind the chains that dictated the first 3 quarters. holding penalties and presnap mistakes or sacks that arent on him necessarily but he gets blamed him.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’s too early to say that but Daniels threw some great balls last night.

Dak’s accuracy this season has been downright abysmal at times.

shabazz

Reaction score
Just 3 games, lol, but the early impressive thing is that although he's got wheels Dak never had, he goes through his FULL progression before taking off.....that's impressive as hell for a rookie.

If he stays healthy he should be an electric player to watch regardless of what team one is a fan of.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just 3 games, lol, but the early impressive thing is that although he's got wheels Dak never had, he goes through his FULL progression before taking off.....that's impressive as hell for a rookie.

If he stays healthy he should be an electric player to watch regardless of what team one is a fan of.
I told my cousin who is a fan of that team, he may have a field day against us running around etc!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They still had some balance and their defense wasn’t being road graded. They didn’t allow the Bengals to control the ball. Burrow had to put the ball up 38 times. The last two QBs we faced, put the ball up 31 times combined.
Sure but either way you slice it these defenses both got destroyed. If the Cowboys didnt force a single punt or turnover all game we wouldnt be having a conversation about 'well at least they didnt let the other team control the football'.

The Cowboys had 11 offensive possessions this week. Washington had 6 (8 if you count the kneel downs at each half). Despite just 6 possessions and zero punts from the defense they put up 38 points and controlled the clock for 33 minutes. That was a dominant offensive performance. The Cowboys right now are nowhere close to that, although to be fair Washington probably cant replicate that 9 times out of 10. The Cowboys in nearly twice the number of possessions had the ball for just 25 minutes and put up 25 points. Thats roughly 2.2 yards per drive, which is right around league average in recent years. Its a respectful performance, and a performance you can build on, but its a mediocre one no matter how you slice it.