Jaylon contract theory mentioned on The Fan

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They let Leary go over something like this and they haven't found a proper replacement since.
I doubt Jerry gives money to guys that tell him he's about to go into gimptitude.

Leary has missed 15 games since leaving.

But please keep bringing him up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No idea.

But the "discounted rate" may be debatable.

Now that OCs have had time to closely evaluate him as a full time starter, they can see there are gaping holes in his game due to that leg.
In space, the man can not move laterally very well at all. He was borderline terrible last game.

Love the guy and am so inspired by him....and he has his value if used properly and limited. But unless he's rushing the passer, he can be a liability in clear passing situations.
Then again, maybe he is playing hurt and we don't know about it.

erod

Reaction score
Do you believe it?
I was shocked it came out on the Cowboys station .

I certainly wouldn't know. Just heard out today.

They were talking about contracts the team might regret.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I thought contract idea was to get back at Zeke..lol.. Or to make him agree and sign quicker.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I was shocked it came out on the Cowboys station .

I certainly wouldn't know. Just heard out today.
Yeah. At this point nothing shocks me, but I'm not feeling it.
Maybe...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Seems a fairly baseless theory since they give players physicals each year, check out every injury and would know if his knee is that bad. Not to mention Dallas could get out of the deal after 2021 if they really needed to (2.6 Mil hit in 2022 and 4.2 Mil hit in 2023).

stiletto

Reaction score
I have very "going up a very large roller coaster start hill" about Jaylon. Very nervous how its going to work out.

Wood

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, Mike Bascik mentioned a disturbing theory that is apparently floating around.

The theory is that the reason Jaylon Smith approached Jerry now and accepted a discounted contract so willingly was because his knee is regressing, and he wanted to get paid now in case it's degenerating quickly.

I hope that's not true.

Jerry would not be in the dark if that was the case. All of Jaylon off-season testing would have to pass with flying colors for Jerry to put ink to paper. What your seeing is slight regression in Jaylon game namely he is taking poor angles to tackle and his coverage has gotten bad to the point that Joe Thomas is starting to take significant snaps from him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Fan Sucks!
The Ticket Sucks as well!

Not sure why these old out dated formats and blowhards are still on the air.
They need a fresh group on both stations.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well Bascisk just banned himself from the Malibu media party again.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, Mike Bascik mentioned a disturbing theory that is apparently floating around.

The theory is that the reason Jaylon Smith approached Jerry now and accepted a discounted contract so willingly was because his knee is regressing, and he wanted to get paid now in case it's degenerating quickly.

I hope that's not true.

Why would Jerry, and Prudent Steven blow that kind of money....even at a discounted rate?

fifaguy

Reaction score
Don't think that how that works lol.
Having said that, his ability to run seems to be hampered big time this season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope that's not true.
This feels like a troll thread.