Jaylon contract theory mentioned on The Fan

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They let Leary go over something like this and they haven't found a proper replacement since.
I doubt Jerry gives money to guys that tell him he's about to go into gimptitude.
Leary's issue was expected to be degenerative.

Jaylon's issue is not expected to be degenerative.

Leary had injury issues while he was on the team. He didn't always miss games but his performances went down the toilet when he was dealing with injuries (usually groin issues).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Leary's issue was expected to be degenerative.

Jaylon's issue is not expected to be degenerative.

Leary had injury issues while he was on the team. He didn't always miss games but his performances went down the toilet when he was dealing with injuries (usually groin issues).
Right. My post was vague, I admit, but I'm in agreement with you.
I could have cleaned that sucker up, but I didn't and now it's too late.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll go with the Cowboy doctors who probably saw nothing wrong and told Stephen to go ahead and make the deal.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, Mike Bascik mentioned a disturbing theory that is apparently floating around.

The theory is that the reason Jaylon Smith approached Jerry now and accepted a discounted contract so willingly was because his knee is regressing, and he wanted to get paid now in case it's degenerating quickly.

I hope that's not true.

That’s a very medically uninformed take. Knee injuries like his don’t “regress”, you either reach the maximal level of recovery and stay there or suffer another injury.

Jaylon doesn’t have a degenerative ligament condition. This isn’t like Ron Leary.

HanD

Reaction score
An extension debunks that his knee was medically classified as degenerative and not a theory? You know Leary had a degenerative knee and got a second contract right? One is not exclusively tied to the other. It isn't a matter of if it is degenerative but when the knee goes. Whether it is 4 years or a decade is what no one knows for certain.

In fact here is a quote from Jack himself...
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...jack-knee-ucla-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl-draft

The linebacker was asked to respond to conflicting reports about his health, and offered this answer: “[The degenerative problems are] there, but it's nothing extreme. Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery—potentially. Who knows what will happen? Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average."

TWOK11

Reaction score
They let Leary go over something like this and they haven't found a proper replacement since.
I doubt Jerry gives money to guys that tell him he's about to go into gimptitude.

Leary has osteochondritis dissecans, a degenerative knee condition with a prominent genetic/hereditary component.

Jaylon Smith suffered traumatic ACL and MCL tears with superimposed nerve damage. He doesn’t have a progressively worsening genetic disease.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Leary has osteochondritis dissecans, a degenerative knee condition with a prominent genetic/hereditary component.

Jaylon Smith suffered traumatic ACL and MCL tears with superimposed nerve damage. He doesn’t have a progressively worsening genetic disease.
I know... I made a crap post! I've explained!
This is like eternal punishment and I refuse to absolve myself!
I'm gonna walk my dags... because I just fed them.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, Mike Bascik mentioned a disturbing theory that is apparently floating around.

The theory is that the reason Jaylon Smith approached Jerry now and accepted a discounted contract so willingly was because his knee is regressing, and he wanted to get paid now in case it's degenerating quickly.

I hope that's not true.
Interesting theory but I don't believe it. Jaylon hasn't looked that bad. I predict he is our top defensive player Sunday Night.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I hope that's not true.
That could explain why he is invisible these days

Sydla

Reaction score

I hope that's not true.

LOL.

Geezus

dwreck27

Reaction score
Lol throw crud at the wall and see if it sticks...

News reporting in 2019!

Why have facts when you can create sensationalism from nothing