Signed by Cowboys Jaylon extension

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Didn't KC give Hitchens 9M

yup...

I'm sorry...I just don't believe in spending big money on LBers...unless they are elite. And Jaylon isn't. Don't get me wrong...nice player...glad we have him....but I'm not gonna break the bank to keep him. And it sure looks like we did. You just never know the details of the contract. There is a lot of funny money in the NFL. Sounds like he got 35 mil guaranteed...over 5yrs...that's 7mil a year... Average yearly cap hit of 12.8.

Hate to say it...but I think this will be a contract we will regret in a few years. :(

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Let me guess...the deal Mosley signed w/ the Jets was #1. Nobody is gonna touch that absurd money....and really...we can now thank the Jets..and their stupidy for throwing the contracts for inside LBers all out of whack.

Suck it New york..:rolleyes:

Reactions: CWR

bsbellomy

Reaction score
yup...

I'm sorry...I just don't believe in spending big money on LBers...unless they are elite. And Jaylon isn't. Don't get me wrong...nice player...glad we have him....but I'm not gonna break the bank to keep him. And it sure looks like we did. You just never know the details of the contract. There is a lot of funny money in the NFL. Sounds like he got 35 mil guaranteed...over 5yrs...that's 7mil a year... Average yearly cap hit of 12.8.

Hate to say it...but I think this will be a contract we will regret in a few years. :(

Well he has all the makings of an elite player. He's only really had one full season on a good leg. I just see someone who has gotten consistently better for 2 seasons. Don't think he's at his ceiling or even that close yet.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
yup...

I think the exact opposite, i think in a few years this deal will look like a steal for the Cowboys, however he will be just 28 when this deal is over and his next deal won't be a steal!!

Reactions: CWR

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Zeke is not lost.
He's protecting himself, right, or wrong.
You may not like how he's doing it, but he's doing it.

Protecting himself from what , Jerry a guy with a proven track record of taking care of his players to a fault . He is making an enemy of the best friend he could ever have .

If he wanted to protect himself try staying sober and keeping your hands to yourself . Jerry is the guy who needs protection from paying a guy top money that has character issues and may not play up to the investment made .

cern

Reaction score
He's done nothing. He's had one good year. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's going to be here for awhile but make no mistake this was a good faith deal on both sides. It will look like a bargain in a year or two probably but as of now? He's done nothing.

Yeah but for only one year.

I mean you should. He got paid like a top 5 linebacker. Zeke wants to be paid like the best back in the league and Dak wants top 5 money. Jaylon's is the most favorable but Jaylon's is also ridiculous when you factor how bad he was the first two years of his career.
he wasn't expected to be much the first two years. do you think last year was just a fluke. I do not.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I like Jerrys thought process pay the guys that show they really want to be Cowboys first and see if the others have sense enough to follow . I think Cooper may be the next to get paid .

jnday

Reaction score
Man, I need to be watching this ****.

You know Zeke is just dying...
Don’t forget Dak. Jaylon set an example for other players by accepting less money so that the team can pay better players that will result in a better team. This is a very unselfish act by Jaylon. Maybe he can mentor Zeke and Dak. Dak is wanting about twice what he is worth and I think he knows it. He thinks he has the team in a bind and Zeke is no different. As far as I am concerned, they should trade Zeke and Dak. They will lose a lot of games , but they will be in a position to draft a better QB that will be on a rookie deal. I had high hopes for this season, but I had rather tank the season and lose most of the games instead of overpaying a very average QB $40 million a year. $30 million is still $10 more than he deserves each season.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
People used to argue about if he could raise his left toes or not. Now he’s one of the best LB’s in football and only getting better.

Good for him. Good for Dallas having the foresight to take him and for sticking with him until he blossomed.

Once, that second round pick was thought to have been wasted. Now, it looks like they paid a pittance for one of the best young players in the league.

Win-win for everyone.:clap:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From draft day to where he is now as a player is light years difference.

To say he's done nothing is a major insult to Jaylon.
He hasn’t. As you guys constantly remind us about Dak and how he’s had only one good tree? Jaylon has had only one good year. He red shirted his first year....second year was terrible and third year was great.

jay94

Reaction score
he wasn't expected to be much the first two years. do you think last year was just a fluke. I do not.

Definitely not what I remember from Cowboys fans, many were expecting him to play year one, I clearly defined what would happen, will say he played very good this last year higher than my expectations.