Signed by Cowboys Jaylon extension

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
his 2nd year wasn't terrible.
he was coming back from a career-threatening injury and his potential flashed often. obviously his first action back from that kind of injury wasn't going to be great.
then he lived up to it last year. and there's no reason to think he won't keep getting better.
Man I don’t care if he was coming back from the future that season was terrible and he’d even tell you that. He was a liability at times. I’m not saying he won’t get better. I’m saying this deal was done based on what he will do in the future and what he’s done thus far and what he’s done thus far is one solid season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Protecting himself from what , Jerry a guy with a proven track record of taking care of his players to a fault . He is making an enemy of the best friend he could ever have .

If he wanted to protect himself try staying sober and keeping your hands to yourself . Jerry is the guy who needs protection from paying a guy top money that has character issues and may not play up to the investment made .
Like I said: right, or wrong - he thinks he's protecting himself.
From what? Ask him. I'm not defending what he's doing, I'm noting that he's not "lost".

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
My opinion is still the same.

I hated the pick but it had nothing to do with the player.

We had to wait 2 years before we finally saw a return on an investment that was a huge huge huge risk with a premium pick.

The worst part is over and now we can reap the benefits and thankfully he recovered.
You'll be alright bro.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man I don’t care if he was coming back from the future that season was terrible and he’d even tell you that. He was a liability at times. I’m not saying he won’t get better. I’m saying this deal was done based on what he will do in the future and what he’s done thus far and what he’s done thus far is one solid season.

:hammer:
totally agree an hes wasnt being team guy LOL he took advantage of the situation and came in and said lets get deal done while publicly..being well paid before you actually do more then start 22 games and showing bigtime signs of upside is not team friendly..Hes rich now and got bigtime money more then Zelke wa soffered frankly yet those saying see Zeke see what good team players do.. horse hockey...

X=Zeke has already earned his new deal and can continue to play at a 15mil yr player..this is not an excuse to rip Zeke further..

Happy for you JS hope you live up to it..:popcorn:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:hammer:
totally agree an hes wasnt being team guy LOL he took advantage of the situation and came in and said lets get deal done while publicly..being well paid before you actually do more then start 22 games and showing bigtime signs of upside is not team friendly..Hes rich now and got bigtime money more then Zelke wa soffered frankly yet those saying see Zeke see what good team players do.. horse hockey...

X=Zeke has already earned his new deal and can continue to play at a 15mil yr player..this is not an excuse to rip Zeke further..

Happy for you JS hope you live up to it..:popcorn:
Thank You. Someone gets it. And I do think in a year or two we will be happy we signed this deal because he's would've got even more.

But to use Jaylon's deal as a way to knock Zeke and Dak......I disagree. Based on what he's done Jaylon got a deal he probably hasn't deserved based on what he's done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thank You. Someone gets it. And I do think in a year or two we will be happy we signed this deal because he's would've got even more.

But to use Jaylon's deal as a way to knock Zeke and Dak......I disagree. Based on what he's done Jaylon got a deal he probably hasn't deserved based on what he's done.
IM saying the first 4 pages it was the main response they use JS deal to absolutely state "see Dak and Zeke" this is what real payers do..it is wrong..different situations, totally..

khiladi

Reaction score
This also establishes what I said earlier. Dallas is the one trying to negotiate EARLIER with players to get a better value deal before they hit the market down the road.

That’s why there are sources that say Dallas offered ALL THREE of their players contracts, which they viewed as ‘low ball’.

So this idea that Zeke is sitting out this year on a whim, when he seen what Dallas has offered him is bogus. Stephen even said Gurley is the reference point, meaning they were implicitly saying openly that Zeke should get paid as the highest back in the league.

Zeke’s play probably is if Dallas completely bombs when’s he’s out and Jerry starts loses prime time game slots.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
there's massive differences here.
RBs wear out very quickly, very early. paying one big money is a huge mistake, IMO.
also, Jaylon is being paid way less than the top guy at his position. Zeke would not be (he's getting closer to top money than Jaylon did).
nuance is hard, but don't ignore it here.

Paying one after 5 years is a big mistake.

Paying one after three for basically the next three is an action that recognizes the player's value.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I get it, working back from a devastating injury. But Jaylon was awful in 2017. It really was all bad that year.

Hogwash.

He had multiple 10 takle games while making plays against the run and pass. Sure his lateral quickness and decisionmaking were suspect but it was hardly all bad.

Sydla

Reaction score
This also establishes what I said earlier. Dallas is the one trying to negotiate EARLIER with players to get a better value deal before they hit the market down the road.

That’s why there are sources that say Dallas offered ALL THREE of their players contracts, which they viewed as ‘low ball’.

So this idea that Zeke is sitting out this year on a whim, when he seen what Dallas has offered him is bogus. Stephen even said Gurley is the reference point, meaning they were implicitly saying openly that Zeke should get paid as the highest back in the league.

Zeke’s play probably is if Dallas completely bombs when’s he’s out and Jerry starts loses prime time game slots.

What Stephen said in early 2019 is meaningless. It's quite possible that Zeke's actions over the last few months has changed the front office's opinion on handing him a huge contract.

People putting credibility into what Stephen said 6 or 7 months ago is ridiculous. Zeke and his agent are buffoons if they think what Stephen said off the cuff to a reporter was basically Dallas' offer.

droopdog7

Reaction score
By now I shouldn't be surprised that some posters don't like this deal but I am.

Man, this is a GREAT deal for guy that is perhaps even better off the field than on.

jnday

Reaction score
I’ve been saying the same thing. I’m glad they did it but it is funny how people are upset for Zeke and DAk wanting top 5 money but don’t question or even bring up that Jaylon only has one solid year under his belt.
People should be upset when a player is rated somewhere between 22nd and 15th at his position in the league and he is wanting to be paid more than anyone at his position in the history of the game.

jnday

Reaction score
there's massive differences here.
RBs wear out very quickly, very early. paying one big money is a huge mistake, IMO.
also, Jaylon is being paid way less than the top guy at his position. Zeke would not be (he's getting closer to top money than Jaylon did).
nuance is hard, but don't ignore it here.
I don’t have a problem with Zeke getting paid top smoney because he is a top RB. I do have a problem with a holdout when there are two years left on his contract. Is Jerry starts paying holdouts with multiple years left on contract, he will be opening the door for holdout hell in the coming years.

jnday

Reaction score

Jaylon’s deal shows that Jerry can be generous if the players and agents act in a reasonable manner. Zeke and Dak could have gotten generous deals already if they had acted reasonable, but each one chose to be difficult. I expect Cooper to get a good deal since he has displayed patient behavior.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't take anyone with a Kid Rock avatar seriously
I can’t take anyone seriously that let’s avatars effect their judgement. It is and avatar for goodness sake, nothing more. Yes, I am Kid Rock fan and I have been since he first started.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Very happy for Jaylon and glad he will be part of this team for a good while

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jaylon’s deal shows that Jerry can be generous if the players and agents act in a reasonable manner. Zeke and Dak could have gotten generous deals already if they had acted reasonable, but each one chose to be difficult. I expect Cooper to get a good deal since he has displayed patient behavior.

DLaw was not reasonable and he got his deal.