Twitter: Jaylon graded as our best defender yesterday

GMO415

Reaction score
4df4958900ffd1482e86562cf0910ab8.gif

T-RO

Reaction score
Sorry Marcus, Tackle stats ≠ A Grade

Jaylon is king of running down tacklers from behind after they've gained 12 yards.

He and Vander Esch need new coaching -- or replacement.

In Fairness: I didn't watch the game, so don't know how he really played. Voch did rip into him.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He got a couple tackles that the ball carrier ended up behind him. He just ran from behind and got recorded for a tackle. I think it's fair to say that he was better than he's been this season, but that's still hot garbage.

cern

Reaction score
i said as much yesterday. he hasn't been that bad. just the perception of some. he's had a lousy d-line in front. lousy backfield for the most part. ergo, opposing offenses choose to run, run, and run against the cowboys. since the front 4 don't do anything, our lb's, including jaylon, have to fight off blocks and make tackles. not the easiest thing to do.

Sydla

Reaction score
I tend to think the people that claim he's terrible are just overreacting. But this is the opposite extreme. Smith is an average NFL LB at this point, just highlighted more because he gets paid a ton. If he were making $750K not many would really care or focus on him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i said as much yesterday. he hasn't been that bad. just the perception of some. he's had a lousy d-line in front. lousy backfield for the most part. ergo, opposing offenses choose to run, run, and run against the cowboys. since the front 4 don't do anything, our lb's, including jaylon, have to fight off blocks and make tackles. not the easiest thing to do.
Bad line and big contract has the haters out in full blast.

InTheZone

Reaction score
he's the new brandon carr. Such a GrEaT tEaMmAtE and person off the field, but absolutely sucks at his job

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ll say it again. Anyone who knows or even just reads about football knows that you cannot judge LBs when they play behind a garbage DL. LBs are not intended to shed OL blocks on every play. In his best year two seasons ago, I don’t recall a single fan saying he was overrated or overpaid. In that same year, fans watched LVE dominate and proclaimed that we had among the best LBs in the league and were set with these young studs. I still see both of them giving great effort, but you cannot expect LBs to constantly make their way around and threw OLmen who are at the second level and also make plays at the LOS. I’m all for drafting another starting caliber LB for competition, but I’m not going to judge these guys yet because if they were playing behind the Washington or Philly DTs, I believe they would still look like studs.

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Seriously ? So Jaylon running away from and around opposing players and running himself out of plays is him trying to fight off blocks huh ? And the only time he shows any speed is when he’s trying to get away from contact.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let me say this- Smith and LVE are both very talented players.

But I've never seen two linebackers on this team look like they're running around without a clue as to what they are doing in all the decades I have been a fan. Maybe they start to turn that around now.

Redline360

Reaction score
Let me say this- Smith and LVE are both very talented players.

But I've never seen two linebackers on this team look like they're running around without a clue as to what they are doing in all the decades I have been a fan. Maybe they start to turn that around now.

While we all joke about LVE and Smith being complete trash it goes beyond that. The DL plays a huge roll in making the rest of the defense look good. Unfortunately for the LB's the DL is getting blown off the ball and exposed making their job twice as hard.

This however is not taking any blame away from LVE & Smith
Smith is by far the least knowledgeable LB in football and constantly guesses wrong 90% of the time. Has no lateral movement and runs with a diaper full of ****
LVE is one good hit away from ending his career