Twitter: Jaylon has played 2287 defensive snaps without an INT

Kaiser

Reaction score
How many picks do Mikes normally get over a season and a half? Anthony Hitchens had one pick in four seasons here and had plenty of FA offers. And he wasn't even at Mike half the time.

pansophy

Reaction score
The years we have played this defensive scheme we have had few turnovers. It is what it is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m more concerned with the lack of interceptions from the secondary. Particularly Byron Jones, whom we invested a first round pick in and has 2 career interceptions to show for it.
This is what I was gonna say. This is suppose to roast Jaylon but the sad part is I’m sure our secondary isn’t much better.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
Browns MLB Joe Schobert (a dark horse DPOY candidate IMO) got 2 picks in back to back weeks (Wk 11 and 12). Named AFC DPOW in the latter, should have gotten it both weeks. Doesn't do that every week, of course, but he's an example of how it can be done.

robjay04

Reaction score
The years we have played this defensive scheme we have had few turnovers. It is what it is.

And what makes no sense is I’m pretty sure the Bears had record breaking turnovers the year before with Marinelli or close to it. It’s not like this system is notorious for not creating turnovers.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
And what makes no sense is I’m pretty sure the Bears had record breaking turnovers the year before with Marinelli or close to it. It’s not like this system is notorious for not creating turnovers.

That was under Marinelli's cover 2. He hasn't run that here.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Which means he has a couple less than Byron Jones. Good thing Jaylon is not our shut down corner...

Johnny23

Reaction score
How many picks do Mikes normally get over a season and a half? Anthony Hitchens had one pick in four seasons here and had plenty of FA offers. And he wasn't even at Mike half the time.
We're paying Jaylon to be like Bobby Wagner and Kuechly. If he's the Mike. So 3-5 per season.

There's levels to this. We're not paying him the big bucks to be a jag middle linebacker.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They get lots of picks. Sean Lee has racked up quite a few. 11 in his first 4 seasons.

That's the exception, not the rule. Lee has always been more of a Will than a Mike. I'll need a second example of a Mike who gets INTs.